Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:01:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Fambo Number Mive

Isn't it part of the job for ambassadors to give the government their thoughts about the government of the country they are ambassador for?

Alberon

The Ambassador has done absolutely nothing wrong. Johnson aside no one in the government is blaming him. But Trump's easily bruised ego means our guy can't do an effective job anymore.

Be assured, the American Ambassador in London is sending equally scathing reviews of the British government back to Washington.

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

Trump in Asia- a new Bad Lip Reading, yaaaaaaaay:

https://youtu.be/NI0_mEMaTyE

imitationleather

Quote from: Alberon on July 10, 2019, 02:08:22 PM
The Ambassador has done absolutely nothing wrong. Johnson aside no one in the government is blaming him. But Trump's easily bruised ego means our guy can't do an effective job anymore.

Be assured, the American Ambassador in London is sending equally scathing reviews of the British government back to Washington.

I can't help but think he could have smoothed all this out with a really, really big pyramid of Ferreo Rocher.

Alberon

With Trump this is entirely possible.

Buelligan

I think it's great that Britain's getting back its sovereignty so's Trump can choose who the British Ambassador is.

Quote from: The Guardian on 22 November 2016The US president-elect, Donald Trump, has suggested that the Ukip leader, Nigel Farage, should be the UK's ambassador to the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/22/nigel-farage-uk-ambassador-us-donald-trump

Blumf

It would get rid of Farage into a fairly dull job nobody pays much attention to normally. Pretty sweet deal.

Jasha

Imagine that smug grin thinking he's some sort of success in life with British Ambassador on his CV though.

ajsmith2

Turns out Darroch also said something that flatters Trumps ego in the leaked stuff too, so this story has all been a selectively presented pile o shite (as we all knew or course). Doesn't matter. Job done. UK further weakened for post-Brexit subjugation by Trump's America.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1149524000957030400?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

Barry Admin

The initial CNN report I read had some speculation I found interesting. All about how this whole saga was about getting someone more useful to them in there in preparation for Brexit.

Ambient Sheep

Hadn't thought of that.

Until now I'd assumed it had been leaked by some pro-Hunt and/or anti-Brexit civil servant who wanted to sabotage our supposed-closeness with the USA and thus hinder Boris' chances of making good trade deals with Trump post-Brexit, but your idea is sadly more plausible.

jobotic

Well yes. That's why the leaks were given to a corrupt pro-Brexit "journalist" who is mates with Banks, Wigmore, Farage and Johnson.

It's a fucking far-right coup.

Ambient Sheep

I hadn't noticed who it had been leaked to, sorry.

Meanwhile I've just belatedly caught up with this from a couple of weeks ago:
https://twitter.com/Jason_Chatfield/status/1145091713226170368

The simplified version: Canadian cartoonist gets axed for trying to do Trump cartoons, this one in particular turned out to be the final straw:

Although as several people, including Bette Midler(!) said:

QuoteYou guys are right; he'd never ask permission.  He'd more likely say, "Get these losers outta here!  They're layin' on my ball."

Apologies if this has already been posted here.

jobotic

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 14, 2019, 06:34:16 AM
I hadn't noticed who it had been leaked to, sorry.

No I'm sorry, didn't mean to sound aggressive towards you.

Paul Calf

This statement from Wes Tyrell, President of the Association of Canadian Cartoonists was linked in the thread. It's interesting primarily for its content - examining the ownership structure of the company that fired the cartoonist- , but also for the terrible standard of written English, even more puzzling given that the writer is a professional journalist.

http://sequentialpulp.ca/wes-tyrells-statement-on-michael-de-adder-being-let-go-by-j-d-irving-limited/

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1150381394234941448?s=21

'Why don't they fuck off back to where they came from' tweets to US born, non white female members of Congress. Didn't think it was possible to still be shocked by him. Just full, unashamed, white supremacy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on July 14, 2019, 02:39:39 PM

'Why don't they fuck off back to where they came from' tweets to US born, non white female members of Congress. Didn't think it was possible to still be shocked by him. Just full, unashamed, white supremacy.

what are the race speech laws like in the US?

jobotic

Fucking hell.

And this is who this country bows down to.

Buelligan

Physician, heal thyself.

Ferris

I'm pretty inured to this cunt, and even I found this shocking. Surely he's gone too far here? And this is the shit he's willing to say publicly, Christ knows what he actually thinks/says in private. He's in such a mad bubble that this seems acceptable to say out loud.

Accelerating through the basement to staggering new lows.

The Culture Bunker

But I worry it'll go over well with a fair percentage of the population.

For a while, I've had an idea that America as we know it now won't see the century out. There's so many divisions on various lines (race, wealth, geography) that surely something will give.

Twed

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 14, 2019, 08:43:54 PM
I'm pretty inured to this cunt, and even I found this shocking. Surely he's gone too far here? And this is the shit he's willing to say publicly, Christ knows what he actually thinks/says in private. He's in such a mad bubble that this seems acceptable to say out loud.

Accelerating through the basement to staggering new lows.
An attack provoked by Nancy Pelosi, pretty much the figurehead of the Democratic party. America has to vote left this time. They have to.

Ferris

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 14, 2019, 09:06:38 PM
But I worry it'll go over well with a fair percentage of the population.

For a while, I've had an idea that America as we know it now won't see the century out. There's so many divisions on various lines (race, wealth, geography) that surely something will give.

Like... 15% of the country I suppose, but they would vote for him anyway. He has a floor of about 28% of the population*. These people are nutters living in the interior. He should be more worried about his ceiling, which I suspect is about 45% of the population and falling - stuff like this lowers his ceiling, it doesn't raise his floor. It's not all some amazing strategic 4D chess nonsense, the man is just genuinely a cretin, and is in such a feedback loop of 30% of the population that all he can do is cravenly beg for their affection. It's tragic.

*any poll that asks questions like "if trump did a crime, should he be punished?" or whatever always seem to have 28% picking the least sensible answer - it is a constant percentage which is where I'm getting my figure from

Quote from: Twed on July 14, 2019, 09:08:34 PM
An attack provoked by Nancy Pelosi, pretty much the figurehead of the Democratic party. America has to vote left this time. They have to.

Pelosi isn't much better, but at least she can be pressured into sensible left-wing policies. That's more than can be said for trump and the rest of maga country

BlodwynPig

Oakeshott responsible for the leak? Getting boned by some guy in the Brexit Party with connections.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 14, 2019, 09:12:12 PM
Like... 15% of the country I suppose, but they would vote for him anyway. He has a floor of about 28% of the population*. These people are nutters living in the interior. He should be more worried about his ceiling, which I suspect is about 45% of the population and falling - stuff like this lowers his ceiling, it doesn't raise his floor. It's not all some amazing strategic 4D chess nonsense, the man is just genuinely a cretin, and is in such a feedback loop of 30% of the population that all he can do is cravenly beg for their affection. It's tragic.
He may be a cretin, but even if 15% is accurate (I'd give it an extra 10%, at least), there's still enough people who won't vote for a Democrat (even a non-entity like Biden) under any circumstances. And I suspect they'll probably agree a little that those Trump alludes to aren't "real" Americans like they are. I think my point is more that Trump will get support from middle-class white people scared of all those brown skinned folk and the shifting demographics.