Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:18:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Ferris

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 14, 2019, 09:24:15 PM
He may be a cretin, but even if 15% is accurate (I'd give it an extra 10%, at least), there's still enough people who won't vote for a Democrat (even a non-entity like Biden) under any circumstances. And I suspect they'll probably agree a little that those Trump alludes to aren't "real" Americans like they are. I think my point is more that Trump will get support from middle-class white people scared of all those brown skinned folk and the shifting demographics.

Very possibly. Desolation.

He's going to get re-elected easily unless the economy tanks, might as well accept it now.

Zetetic

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 14, 2019, 09:24:15 PM
He may be a cretin, but even if 15% is accurate (I'd give it an extra 10%, at least), there's still enough people who won't vote for a Democrat (even a non-entity like Biden) under any circumstances.
There's a big space for not-voting-at-all mind you, particularly if the Democrat is sufficiently unthreatening.

(And the effect that a sufficiently threatening Republican candidate would hopefully boost Democrat turnout, regardless of how threatening the 'centre' found them.)

Urinal Cake

It's not surprising that young minority women are getting set upon. Ro Khanna and others seem to miss a lot of the hate.  Sexual fixation/frustration and white male entitlement is a toxic mix.

Alberon

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 14, 2019, 09:06:38 PM
But I worry it'll go over well with a fair percentage of the population.

For a while, I've had an idea that America as we know it now won't see the century out. There's so many divisions on various lines (race, wealth, geography) that surely something will give.

It is approaching the time the sane states left and let the Christian Middle East eat itself.

Twed

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 14, 2019, 11:21:36 PM
It's not surprising that young minority women are getting set upon. Ro Khanna and others seem to miss a lot of the hate.  Sexual fixation/frustration and white male entitlement is a toxic mix.
To be fair, this could be due to the women being massively more inspirational and therefore threatening to the centre-right. Yer genuinely Hillary supporters could be swayed by AOC.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Twed on July 14, 2019, 11:33:16 PM
To be fair, this could be due to the women being massively more inspirational and therefore threatening to the centre-right. Yer genuinely Hillary supporters could be swayed by AOC.
AOC is charismatic and a lot of people are captivated by her. Ilhan Omar is an easy target- a former refugee, African, Muslim and wears a headwrap. The rest though seem fairly average.

It's not Hilary voters GOP politicians are scared of flipping it's 2008 Obama male voters that voted for 2012 Trump. Add a pretty face to a convenient message and it's trouble.

Mobius

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1150556162393300992

Doubling down. Bet his fans are loving this. No point pretending you're not a racist when your opponents know you are and your allies are glad you are I suppose.

bgmnts

I dont see why anyone even bothers listening and responding to him anymore. He's already said some of the most embarrassingly stupid things ever uttered by a human, let alone one of the most powerful humans to ever exist.

He's the most compelling reason for nuclear war I can think of.

Urinal Cake

People listen because his words are an excuse for arseholes to act like cunts.

Mr Banlon

The Culture Bunker

I'm expecting Ilhan Omar to face a lot of accusations from gobshites that she's in the US illegally. Pretty sure that Tucker Carson bellend has ranted on that her family should never have been allowed in.

There's already that extremely bizarre and racist conspiracy theory that she married her brother in order to attain US citizenship

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on July 15, 2019, 12:37:40 PM
There's already that extremely bizarre and racist conspiracy theory that she married her brother in order to attain US citizenship
Wasn't aware of that one, but full marks for the double header of a) immigrants cheating the system to get in, and b) scary Muslims marrying close family members.

I admire her guts, really, as you just know there's a growing collection of arseholes willing to martyr themselves by assassinating her.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 14, 2019, 09:17:53 PM
Oakeshott responsible for the leak? Getting boned by some guy in the Brexit Party with connections.

Oakeshott's not in it for the sex, she's in it because she's a hateful spooky simpering far right cunt.  Loathed her these many long years. 

She worked to attack Cameron with Piggate, I'd argue that he was too humane, reasonable and too fond of the EU for her brand of very extreme evil.  Hand in pants with Arron Banks and lovable pollster Lord Ashcroft.

Stand her a cup of hemlock from me if you're thinking of inviting her for a pint.

Urinal Cake

Trump is going crazy on Twitter. Again? No he seems to somehow become worse.

Cuellar

Saw some gunt on BBC news saying it was a shame he's been all racist because "he's better than that"

Ha ha ha

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on July 15, 2019, 10:51:38 PM
Saw some gunt on BBC news saying it was a shame he's been all racist because "he's better than that"

Ha ha ha

Chris Morris does it again. Marvellous.

mojo filters

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 15, 2019, 12:34:50 PM
I'm expecting Ilhan Omar to face a lot of accusations from gobshites that she's in the US illegally. Pretty sure that Tucker Carson bellend has ranted on that her family should never have been allowed in.

Tucker Carlson propagated post-Pierro grade racist propaganda about Ilhan Omar every night last week. It was truly shocking in places, going well beyond Janine Pierro's previous suspension-worthy questioning of her religion-based national allegiance.

Carlson didn't suggest she was here illegally. Instead he suggested her legal presence was akin to a "fire alarm" alerting viewers to the failings and dangers of current US immigration policy, repeating the same point every night. He failed to mention that the number of people she represents in MN 5th district is larger than the population of some states!

Not a whisper or comment from the FNC corporate bigwigs when asked. To be fair, no concerted campaign to boycott his advertisers either - which was enough to take Laura Ingraham briefly off the air, when she was grossly disrespectful to an outspoken Parkland school shooting survivor.

Media commentator Brian Stelter addressed this multiple times last week on CNN shows such as Don Lemon. In addition he dedicated most of his own Sunday show Reliable Sources to the issue, along with the broader issues raised by the latest related Trumpian racist tweets.

I highly recommend signing up for Brian's daily media digest newsletter. His content is not only pertinent for anyone interested in how media addresses (or fails to address) current affairs, but he handily offers a brief AP-style guide for content providers looking for fair and interesting perspectives on how coverage of current affairs could be better presented.

For those offended by Carlson et al on FNC, I highly recommend both Gabriel Sherman's book The Loudest Voice In The Room and the current Showtime series based on his book and subsequent reporting.

The show is only a 7 part limited series, starting with Roger Ailes' departure from CNBC and the shortlived America's Talking - focusing on his rise and subsequent fall from the Fox News Channel he developed, and made so profitable and influential.

So far it has been very entertaining, with the bonus of Ken LaCorte hosting a weekly post-show debrief on YouTube, along with others (similarly fired ex-Fox SVPs) offering their perspective.

Whilst they offer interesting insights into the complex character of dead Roger Ailes (who conveniently can't be libelled) there's a blatant bias in covering their asses in order not to appear like compliant enablers such as Bill Shine.

Fortunately the Showtime series is far better than some of the initial lacklustre reviews suggested. It smartly picks key newsworthy events progressing in linear time, as a mechanism to show Roger Ailes' descent into abject paranoia, whilst he grows Fox News from its launch, into its prime and right up until his behaviour could no longer be tolerated - even in that criminally tolerant cesspit.

Quote from: Cuellar on July 15, 2019, 10:51:38 PM

Ha ha ha

A few commentators wondering if the racism is simply the dead cat on the table to distract everyone from asking if he fucked kids with Epstein.

sponk

One thing that's certain is that he knew how much controversy it would create and he did it for that reason. God knows what his though process is but he's been doing it since he started to run, and it's almost always seemed to work. Can only think of two or three occasions when he's backed down or apologised.

ajsmith2

Quote from: sponk on July 16, 2019, 12:58:20 PM
One thing that's certain is that he knew how much controversy it would create and he did it for that reason. God knows what his though process is but he's been doing it since he started to run, and it's almost always seemed to work. Can only think of two or three occasions when he's backed down or apologised.

I can think of many times he's backed down but not once when he's explicitly apologised. Are there any examples of Trump making an unabashed apology as presidential candidate or President? Not trying to argue here, genuinely interested if there are any as I can't think of one. It's part of his MO to never give an inch and admit anything he's done was wrong, he sees that as weakness and this tactic of stubbornly deny and refute all has indeed proven decisively effective.

Undoubtedly an obvious observation. but something I heard mentioned on some podcast recently re: how his hubris and reality denying/moulding confidence has grown was how when the Access Hollywood tape came out he brushed it off as 'locker room talk' (which itself was paradigm punchingly effective at the time) but these days if it came out he would explicitly deny it was even real (indeed he has retconned it as 'fake' in later statements). The other horrible truth is that if the Access Hollywood thing came out today no one would care and it wouldn't last a news cycle, so inured are we; witness the rape accusation of a week or two ago. Any accusation of Epstein-abetting child abuse is admittedly a higher PR mountain to climb and may (although who knows really as he's managed to deflect everything else) have some affect but the infrastructure is are already well in place to deny deny deny. Stupid old Stefan Molyneux was tweeting the other day about 'Don't Let the MSM try and drag Trump into the Epstein scandal' like it was ludicrous to even imagine Trump is anything remotely like sleazy dirty old Clinton and the rest he's cut from the same cloth as. I still, still cannot believe all these truth seeking free minded individuals have fallen hook line and sinker for this crock, this crumpled excuse note for an inspirational revolutionary figure.

QDRPHNC

Paul Calf

Trump sees apologies as an admission that he's been wrong about something. That's unacceptable to the far right creed that he - accidentally or otherwise - has become associated with. He could lose his base by admitting to weakness. He'll never lose it by being wrong.

The other element is that he really doesn't have to apologise. He's got a never-ending pool of partisan ghouls who'll go out and defend every single thing he says. And once they do that, it's normalised and it's politicised.

I don't think, even after everything he's said, that people are even remotely prepared for the depths he's going to plumb, just how poisonous the rhetoric will become going into the next election and how that will play out in the aftermath. It will take an absolute miracle to avoid bloodshed.

Buelligan

Racism's good though, right?  Apologising to four non-white uppity commie women, I mean, wtf? 

Why would he, it's PC shit like being afraid to insult others that he's planning to do away with (unless the others concerned are stronger than you or you can turn a profit using them).

bgmnts

If a million people are willing to risk getting shot to see a fictional alien in a government facility, why aren't a million people risk getting shot to kick the shit out of that fat orange cunt? I don't get it.

Cuellar

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 16, 2019, 02:47:11 PM
The other element is that he really doesn't have to apologise. He's got a never-ending pool of partisan ghouls who'll go out and defend every single thing he says. And once they do that, it's normalised and it's politicised.

I don't think, even after everything he's said, that people are even remotely prepared for the depths he's going to plumb, just how poisonous the rhetoric will become going into the next election and how that will play out in the aftermath. It will take an absolute miracle to avoid bloodshed.

*More bloodshed

sponk

Quote from: ajsmith2 on July 16, 2019, 01:32:45 PM
I can think of many times he's backed down but not once when he's explicitly apologised. Are there any examples of Trump making an unabashed apology as presidential candidate or President? Not trying to argue here, genuinely interested if there are any as I can't think of one. It's part of his MO to never give an inch and admit anything he's done was wrong, he sees that as weakness and this tactic of stubbornly deny and refute all has indeed proven decisively effective.

Undoubtedly an obvious observation. but something I heard mentioned on some podcast recently re: how his hubris and reality denying/moulding confidence has grown was how when the Access Hollywood tape came out he brushed it off as 'locker room talk' (which itself was paradigm punchingly effective at the time) but these days if it came out he would explicitly deny it was even real (indeed he has retconned it as 'fake' in later statements). The other horrible truth is that if the Access Hollywood thing came out today no one would care and it wouldn't last a news cycle, so inured are we; witness the rape accusation of a week or two ago. Any accusation of Epstein-abetting child abuse is admittedly a higher PR mountain to climb and may (although who knows really as he's managed to deflect everything else) have some affect but the infrastructure is are already well in place to deny deny deny. Stupid old Stefan Molyneux was tweeting the other day about 'Don't Let the MSM try and drag Trump into the Epstein scandal' like it was ludicrous to even imagine Trump is anything remotely like sleazy dirty old Clinton and the rest he's cut from the same cloth as. I still, still cannot believe all these truth seeking free minded individuals have fallen hook line and sinker for this crock, this crumpled excuse note for an inspirational revolutionary figure.

The only direct apology I can think of:

https://variety.com/2016/biz/news/donald-trump-access-hollywood-1201882204/

Head Gardener