Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:06:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 16, 2019, 11:08:04 AM
A few commentators wondering if the racism is simply the dead cat on the table to distract everyone from asking if he fucked kids with Epstein.
Epstein's a long game.

It was probably some piece on Fox News that prompted him. He sees there a chasm in the Democrats, wants to split the party on impeachment as well as the 'red scare'. But he was so cartoonish that now even the Dems all fell in line again.

Twed

Feels like it conveniently took the attention away from Pelosi attacking the squad, IMO.

Hank Venture

https://twitter.com/AlisonNBCBoston/status/1150843052333944839

The myth of the "decent", "moderate" Republican should be dead and buried a long time ago. What has this cunt got to lose by admitting that Trump said something plainly racist?

And then you see articles like this pumped out ad nauseam: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/07/09/never-trumpers-2020-democrats-227255

Any Democrat worth their salt should disregard Republicans completely. Anyone trying to "reach across the aisle" is dooming us all.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just like Labour you have

1) People in the paid employ of the right who have no interest whatsoever in letting the Democrats upset the apple cart at the top
2) Useful idiots who may loosely agree with the hypothetical idea of progress but who number 1) convince 'conciliation' and 'sitting around the table' will produce astounding results and reforms.

Both of whom are hopefully compromised by their dysfunctional personal lives and private interests anyway.

Ferris

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 16, 2019, 10:45:15 PM
Just like Labour you have

1) People in the paid employ of the right who have no interest whatsoever in letting the Democrats upset the apple cart at the top
2) Useful idiots who may loosely agree with the hypothetical idea of progress but who number 1) convince 'conciliation' and 'sitting around the table' will produce astounding results and reforms.

Both of whom are hopefully compromised by their dysfunctional personal lives and private interests anyway.

Change UK US imminent?

Fambo Number Mive

Only four Republican reprensentatives and one former Republican voted to condemn Trumps racist remarks. I think most of the Republican Party is fully behind Trump.

That Politico article.comes across as an attempt to move the democrats to the right by appealing to their despite to win over their principles. Telling that the writer.is so positive.about Biden. They basically want the Republican Party pre Trump.

phantom_power

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 17, 2019, 07:52:11 AM
Only four Republican reprensentatives and one former Republican voted to condemn Trumps racist remarks. I think most of the Republican Party is fully behind Trump.

I think it is more that they back their man come what may. They may not agree with him but he is ostensibly on their side and therefore they will support him. There is no room for grey areas in the minds of the right

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe White House counsellor Kellyanne Conway on Tuesday questioned a reporter about his ethnicity while defending Donald Trump's attacks on four congresswomen of color.

"What's your ethnicity?" Conway snapped back to Andrew Feinberg, a reporter for the website BeltwayBreakfast.com who pressed her on the president's controversial comments...

Addressing reporters at the White House, Conway grew testy while fielding questions on Trump's motivations in singling out four women of color.

When asked by Feinberg why his own ethnicity was relevant to the discussion, Conway shot back: "Because I'm asking you a question." She also offered that her ancestors were from Ireland and Italy, to which Feinberg replied: "My ethnicity is not relevant to the question I'm asking you."

Conway later wrote on Twitter that she meant "no disrespect" by asking about the reporter's ethnicity, in a bid to spin Trump's comments as alluding to the idea that everyone has a heritage.

"We are all from somewhere else 'originally.' I asked the question to answer the question and volunteered my own ethnicity: Italian and Irish," Conway tweeted. "Like many, I am proud of my ethnicity, love the USA & grateful to God to be an American."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/16/kellyanne-conway-ethnicity-journalist-trump-attack-tweets

bgmnts

Quote from: phantom_power on July 17, 2019, 12:40:04 PM
I think it is more that they back their man come what may. They may not agree with him but he is ostensibly on their side and therefore they will support him. There is no room for grey areas in the minds of the right

I dont think the left care much for shades of grey either.

Alberon

I've said many times before that the real threat is who comes next - the American Putin to Trump's Yeltsin (which I know is not entirely fair to Yeltsin).

Trump is normalising some really scary openly racist filth. That's his legacy.

That driven by the ongoing collapse of capitalism means I honestly think we're in for a pretty scary next couple of decades

Twed

Pelosi was under fire for attacking AOC and the squad. Accused of racism. Trump says something appalling. Now Pelosi is a top hero for saying "that was a bad thing", and incredibly Clinton has jumper in to cash in on some of that good PR.

It's a.symbiotic relationship, and the media is facilitating it all. We're fucked. The parties are working with each other to serve the elite.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Alberon on July 17, 2019, 01:17:32 PMThat driven by the ongoing collapse of capitalism means I honestly think we're in for a pretty scary next couple of decades
That's one of the factors that led me to the "end of the US by 2099" thought - eventually, a lot of places in America are going to wind up deep in the shite, relying on the richer States for support. Eventually, somewhere like California is going to think "fuck that lot", especially if those same places keep voting for goons like Trump.

The racial factor is there too, as the poorer states are surely more likely to be the first to start turning on anyone who doesn't look "American". As said, Trump is just normalising these kind of thoughts.

sponk

Quote from: Twed on July 17, 2019, 01:22:12 PM
Pelosi was under fire for attacking AOC and the squad. Accused of racism. Trump says something appalling. Now Pelosi is a top hero for saying "that was a bad thing", and incredibly Clinton has jumper in to cash in on some of that good PR.

It's a.symbiotic relationship, and the media is facilitating it all. We're fucked. The parties are working with each other to serve the elite.

I think when AOC, rightly or wrongly, called AOC racist it was an important moment in the dilution of that word. It's hard to take it seriously when thrown at the likes of Trump when progressives and liberals use it against each other so regularly.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on July 17, 2019, 01:37:38 PM
I think when AOC, rightly or wrongly, called AOC racist it was an important moment in the dilution of that word. It's hard to take it seriously when thrown at the likes of Trump when progressives and liberals use it against each other so regularly.

?

imitationleather

Got drunk and grassed herself up.

Alberon

Those AI text programs don't always work, do they?

sponk

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 17, 2019, 01:39:23 PM
?

Pelosi, sorry. I meant "when Pelosi called Pelosi racist"

Quote from: sponk on July 17, 2019, 01:37:38 PM

Pelosi hit back at a bunch of non-white women when they criticised her for supporting a racist policy. All of you "holding the line" and "words are diluted" cunts are just jerking off, the reality is that the policies being enacted are racist, will have a severe impact for generations, and you're whining about tone. Fuck off

sponk

I did say "rightly or wrongly" you idiot. Good on you for ignoring that just to get angry and attack me though.

Yes very brave of you to equivocate and imply possible wrongdoing on AOC's part you squirmy fuck

sponk

I wasn't implying anything about the rightness or wrongness of her words, I was talking about what I perceived to be their effect with the wider public, specifically Trump supporters. I think a lot of the time people saying something true about Trump, accusing him of racism for example, can work in his favour with his base.

I think calling racist policies racist is good and I don't experience any pathetic anguish over it

Twed

Quote from: sponk on July 17, 2019, 02:48:29 PM
I wasn't implying anything about the rightness or wrongness of her words, I was talking about what I perceived to be their effect with the wider public, specifically Trump supporters. I think a lot of the time people saying something true about Trump, accusing him of racism for example, can work in his favour with his base.
Trump is a dumpster, his purpose in the grand multi-party playfield is to be the person who doesn't need to maintain respectability. That's why Democrats like AOC attacking Pelosi for their racism is the important thing, the thing that is actually going to cause some sort of change, and also why it's important that we call out these deflections on Trump for what they are. Pelosi has been an utter shit and has the power to come out of the other side of it better off. We've got to make a lot of noise to stop that shit from happening, because it is the sort of thing that is blocking progress.

Mr Banlon

Twed

Mr Banlon

Urinal Cake

The problem is that Pelosi and the rest of the establishment probably won't have the heart to defend Omar et al and fight a 'war' before the primaries.   

Twed

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 18, 2019, 03:03:29 AM
The problem is that Pelosi and the rest of the establishment probably won't have the heart to defend Omar et al and fight a 'war' before the primaries.
They set this entire thing up. Trump just knocked the pins down.

Mister Six

Quote from: Twed on July 17, 2019, 04:14:35 PM
Pelosi has been an utter shit and has the power to come out of the other side of it better off.

That's very unfair to Utter Shit.

kngen

I said to the missus when he got in that the canary in the cage would be when he starts jailing journalists (I'm aware of the naked self-interest, but there's a bellweather element too). I'm putting a go bag together tomorrow. It's only a matter of time.