Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,209
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:15:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Hank Venture

All hell's going to break loose when some armed schizophrenic goes for Omar.

Why schizophrenic? They could be a perfectly sane racist believing that Trump has given them permission.

sponk

Really surprised nobody has. Have there been any Trump inspired terror attacks? I remember that stuff with the lipebombs but I think that's yet to go to trial.

I'm surprised nobody on the left has tried to kill Trump, or at least go close enough to be newsworthy.

Ferris

Quote from: sponk on July 19, 2019, 07:43:11 PM
Really surprised nobody has. Have there been any Trump inspired terror attacks? I remember that stuff with the lipebombs but I think that's yet to go to trial.

I'm surprised nobody on the left has tried to kill Trump, or at least go close enough to be newsworthy.

There was that British fella who taffed a gun from a security guard at the rally but was tackled to fuck. Probably 2 or 3 years ago

sponk

Yeah that was way before he was prez though. Imagine if someone got close now though. Chilling.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on July 19, 2019, 07:51:38 PM
Yeah that was way before he was prez though. Imagine if someone got close now though. Chilling.

Surely it will be teenagers in 2060 saying "if you had a time machine would you go back and kill baby Trump"

bgmnts

Seriously what if a few thousand people just decide to rush him at a rally and kick the shit out of him?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 19, 2019, 08:11:51 PM
Seriously what if a few thousand people just decide to rush him at a rally and kick the shit out of him?

That certainly would bring peace to USA...

bgmnts

Honestly whats to stop them? Its never been done before has it? There is never an army of security guards there.

sponk

Do you think it would be a net positive? I can't think of anything worse. Imagine the authoritarian shit Pence could push through in reaction.

bgmnts

Mob him too. Why not? Full French revolution on these cunts. Nothing is working.

chveik

Quote from: bgmnts on July 19, 2019, 08:47:21 PM
Mob him too. Why not? Full French revolution on these cunts. Nothing is working.

I agree.  Off with their heads!

Cuellar

Quote from: Hank Venture on July 19, 2019, 07:26:23 PM
All hell's going to break loose when some armed schizophrenic goes for Omar.

Is it fuck, nothing happened when Jo Cox got killed.

Urinal Cake

Yeah bring on Pence and the volunteer army of violent facists in red hats and tiki torches.

A political assassination of a popular black figure will bring riots and stop the country. It's why Ilhan Omar probably has the best security possible because as much as some might hate her nobody important wants to make her a martyr.

Ambient Sheep

Hope none of you calling for Trump or Pence to be mobbed to death (if indeed that's what you were doing) are in the States or planning on going there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

Cuellar

So much for free speech!!!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Cuellar on July 19, 2019, 09:29:17 PM
So much for free speech!!!

I know, good, innit?

I don't know how often they actually spring into action these days (because I can't be arsed to read the whole article) but I know that 15-20 years ago, teenage boys in their parents' basements would get visits from the Secret Service every time one of them typed something like that.  Often quite apologetically, in a "Sorry about this, we know you were only goofing around, but legally we have to investigate every single threat" kinda 10-minute-visit way, but a visit nonetheless.

Cuellar

If I VPNed into the States and said something very threatening, would they storm round to wherever my IP address told them I was? I suppose not, Trump must get hundreds of thousands per day on Twitter etc.

Ambient Sheep

Yeah, as I implied, I can't imagine that in these days of Facebook and Twitter it still works the same way.  They must have raised the bar for a visit considerably... either that or they employed 20,000 new agents....

Ambient Sheep

Mostly read it now... seems quite conflicted... this seems to get people off the hook:

QuoteA true threat is a serious threat and not words uttered as a mere political argument, idle talk, or jest.

but then this doesn't:

QuoteA defendant's statement that if they got the chance they would harm the President is a threat; merely because a threat has been conditional upon the ability of the defendant to carry it out does not render it any less of a threat.

Then go and read the Psychiatric Matters section... chillingly reminiscent of Soviet stuff from the 50s and 60s...

BlodwynPig

I love the prez... until my return from Chicago in September

Ferris

In more depressing news

QuotePresident Trump tweeted on Sunday that four Democratic congresswomen of color — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan — should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came." Three days later, a YouGov poll asked Americans how they felt about the president's tweets and found that a majority thought they were "terrible" or "bad." But there was a wide partisan divide, with 87 percent of Democrats rating the tweets as "terrible" or "bad" and only 13 percent of Republicans saying the same.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-dont-americans-want-d-c-to-be-a-state/

Urinal Cake

My guess is Republicans and Independents have always felt this way. In the past it was uncomfortable telling their truth but with Trump and the masses it's become acceptable.

Everyone is scared if Trump wins again. I'm scared about what happens to the GOP after Trump. Trump is moronic, loud, transparent and lazy. What happens if we get somebody who inherits the worst aspects of Nixon, Regan and Trump?

Ferris

You can be scared about both, as I am

Hank Venture

President Tom Cotton will nuke Tehran.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 19, 2019, 09:35:49 PMI don't know how often they actually spring into action these days (because I can't be arsed to read the whole article) but I know that 15-20 years ago, teenage boys in their parents' basements would get visits from the Secret Service every time one of them typed something like that.  Often quite apologetically, in a "Sorry about this, we know you were only goofing around, but legally we have to investigate every single threat" kinda 10-minute-visit way, but a visit nonetheless.

More recently, it seems quite a few Americans reported Limmy to the FBI for making a daft joke on Twitter.

Ambient Sheep

Indeed, and then there was that Charlie Brooker column that declared "John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr — where are you now that we need you?". 

(Looking up the exact quote, was astonished to find out that that was as far back as 2004.)

sponk

I'm sure he got into some kind of trouble for that. Turned away from the states or something. He did another article about it.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 20, 2019, 08:52:48 AM
Indeed, and then there was that Charlie Brooker column that declared "John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr — where are you now that we need you?". 

(Looking up the exact quote, was astonished to find out that that was as far back as 2004.)

Yeah that came to mind for me too, and I'd looked up an article about it as soon as I saw your wiki link above. Pretty sure he did get a talking to about it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3952091.stm

sponk

This happened as well

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/taxi-driver-writer-paul-schraders-late-night-anti-trump-post-prompts-nypd-visit-95

This was far more clear-cut though and couldn't be written off as satire. I would have been shocked if they didn't pursue it