Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,475
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:38:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Mister Six

Quote from: Twed on July 21, 2019, 07:44:01 PM
Here's a surprisingly-good summary: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/12/nancy-pelosis-renewed-attacks-on-aoc-arent-just-disrespectful-theyre-dangerous

Wish they wouldn't keep harping on about the "women of colour" angle. It's relevant in the context of the racist Fox News pundits, but I don't believe it's a motivating factor for Pelosi. She fears what they - especially AOC - represent economically and politically: an opposition to (and hastening of the destruction of) the neoliberal myth of prosperity for all via corporatism, with backing by passionate individual voters rather than Wall Street, billionaires and corporate juggernauts.

Playing up the race angle just distracts from what they truly signify, and comes across as cheap woke point-scoring. Being a person of colour doesn't (and shouldn't) make you immune to criticism, and a lot of potential allies will see that disingenuous play rather than what actually matters.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Mister Six on July 22, 2019, 09:48:29 AM
Wish they wouldn't keep harping on about the "women of colour" angle. It's relevant in the context of the racist Fox News pundits, but I don't believe it's a motivating factor for Pelosi. She fears what they - especially AOC - represent economically and politically: an opposition to (and hastening of the destruction of) the neoliberal myth of prosperity for all via corporatism, with backing by passionate individual voters rather than Wall Street, billionaires and corporate juggernauts.

Playing up the race angle just distracts from what they truly signify, and comes across as cheap woke point-scoring. Being a person of colour doesn't (and shouldn't) make you immune to criticism, and a lot of potential allies will see that disingenuous play rather than what actually matters.
This was initially about AIPAC and AIPAc is an Israeli linked PAC- you can't escape how money is linked to race especially in America.

Urinal Cake

https://youtu.be/xYUW-1Wg2xs

I like how Trump is like, 'Ugh why is she talking so much- she's already got the Nobel Peace Prize!'

Paul Calf

Look at him desperately trying to stay awake and pretend he understands what's going on. People who voted for this prick were ignorant. People who vote for him again are just thick, selfish cunts.

Barry Admin

Yeah. "And where are they now?"  Fucking moron.

The Culture Bunker

Give the poor lady plenty of credit - if I had just explained how my family had been brutually murdered, and the other person blankly replied like that, I'd be in the mood to throttle the insensitive shite.

Barry Admin

Yeah, I mean, she just told him two or three minutes prior! And the actual blank response and then eventual "I know that area very well" statement... jeez, he is a truly pathetic and idiotic individual. Perhaps an actual sociopath.

I caught up with a few of Colbert's recent monologues, and there's a beautiful "Cortez" joke in here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mai5kYiRhzU

It's about the "send her back" chants and such. Again, it's really quite staggering to see the topics the Late Show are prepared to deal with now - that they have to deal with now - it makes everything seem even more horrifying, in a way. This is the reality now that the late night talk shows are dealing with, yet Letterman used to be visibly uncomfortable if someone so much as made a wanking joke!

Colbert on the Trump and Epstein clip that NBC surfaced: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DMS234rzYTQ

sponk

He's probably seething that he didn't get one for his overy-hyped role in the NK situation thinking "how can this little brown girl with a funny accent got one but I didn't!" like a kid watching their sibling playing with a toy they want

Paul Calf

Barry Admin

How fucking weird and enraging is it to see him pretending he's "not a fan of Jeffrey Epstein", with Alexander Acosta standing right beside him?

kngen

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 22, 2019, 10:54:01 AM
And the actual blank response and then eventual "I know that area very well" statement... jeez, he is a truly pathetic and idiotic individual. Perhaps an actual sociopath.

What the hell did he think he heard when she said: 'Mass grave'. Massachusetts? Massapequa? Even so, did it not prompt a tiny flicker of curiosity about why there might be so many dead Yazidis there? Well, no, of course not.

bgmnts

The thing about Trump is he is the embodiment of everything wrong with America.

Mr Banlon

bgmnts

People have been waiting centuries for this kind of talk. Get it all out in the open.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 22, 2019, 05:43:29 AM
I halfway want a Donald Pump shirt.

A slogan like that could go one of two ways.

Barry Admin

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/23/donald-trump-jr-writes-triggered-the-book-leftist-elites-dont-want-you-to-read

Donald Trump Jnr is set to join his sister Ivanka, mother Ivana and father Donald Snr on the bookshelves with the announcement that he will be releasing his own literary effort later this year.

His book is titled Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us. It is due to be published on 5 November by Center Street, a conservative non-fiction publishing house that counts the former Republican speaker Newt Gingrich and the conservative commentator Gretchen Carlson among its authors.

One description of the book says that Trump will "expose all the tricks that the left uses to smear conservatives" and says that "no topic is spared from political correctness".

Posting about the announcement on Monday, Trump wrote: "This is the book the leftist elites don't want you to read!"

The book will reportedly span topics from Trump's "childhood summers in communist Czechoslovakia that began his political thought process", through to the "major achievements of president Trump's administration".

Ferris

Cuellar

jobotic

Paulie Walnuts is Donald Trump Jnr? Who knew?

Mister Six

Very loose interpretation of "non-fiction", there.

Alberon

I wonder who's writing it for him?

Alberon

Trump on Johnson as PM

QuoteSpeaking at a rally in Washington, US President Donald Trump says a "really good man is going to be the prime minister of the UK now".

He describes Boris Johnson as "tough" and "smart".

"They're saying 'Britain Trump - they call him Britain Trump'".

"People are saying that's a good thing - they like me over there.

"Boris is good, he's going to do a good job."

Shamelessly making it all up as he rambles along, but then no one, not even his supporters, believe this shit. His fans just enjoy the show.

Ferris

Quote from: Alberon on July 23, 2019, 05:44:51 PM
Trump on Johnson as PM

Shamelessly making it all up as he rambles along, but then no one, not even his supporters, believe this shit. His fans just enjoy the show.

Somebody earlier in the thread likened it to the crowd of a wrestling match, which I think is a very apposite comparison. All silly chanting, and pantomime characters, and everything is taken with a pinch of salt.

Alberon

That could have been me. I've certainly made the comparison at some point.

We're in a post-truth world. It's insane.

Mister Six

Quote from: Alberon on July 23, 2019, 05:44:51 PM
Trump on Johnson as PM

This bit -

- made me laugh. Not Britain's Trump. Not the British Trump. Britain Trump. "They call him Britain Trump."

Alberon

The dementia is really starting to bite.

Quote from: Mister Six on July 23, 2019, 07:37:30 PM
This bit -

- made me laugh. Not Britain's Trump. Not the British Trump. Britain Trump. "They call him Britain Trump."

I think... he's trying to do it with an English mockney accent.  And failing.

Urinal Cake

I think it's 'Briton Trump'. But he thinks Britain = British = Briton.

But also Ivanka called the UK the United Kingston. So the whole family is fucked up.