Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Urinal Cake

All his blustering about China has just reinforced the 'perceived wisdom' about globalization for a lot of people. Obviously if you had someone with any sort of intelligence and 'deal making' something constructive could be done.

Paul Calf

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 24, 2019, 12:44:57 AM
The president can tell anyone to to anything so long as he precedes it with the legal term "hereby". Rules is rules.

'Per se'

Alberon

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 24, 2019, 12:41:58 AM
Is he becoming more unhinged lately or is it just me? Almost impossible to see the forest through the trees anymore.

I imagine it's all going to get 50x worse as we get deeper into election season, especially if his numbers start (continue?) to tank.

I dunno if he's got more unhinged lately or it's because there are no more adults left in the White House trying to tone down the insanity. But yeah, with a year and a bit to go we'll soon be in election season and if his numbers sink he's going to get worse. He might never have wanted to win the White House but now he's there he really doesn't want to be a one-term loser. He's probably got the thinnest skin of any politician. Look how he caused a diplomatic incident cancelling a foreign visit because everyone laughed at his attempt to buy Greenland.

Trump does cause a lot of disruption, but he personally does nothing with it. It's just the flailings of a guy way out of his depth. There are a few like Bolton and Miller who exploit the chaos for their own ends, but half of his cabinet seem to be just acting heads rather than properly appointed heads of department and then there are others like Ben Carson. The only thing he seems to have been up to in post is lavishly overspending on a dining set. He's certainly not doing his job as he got humiliated in front of a committee recently for not knowing basic terms related to his position.

As to Trump's mental state, I wish I knew what condition it was in. He doesn't put the time in to learn the job and then just makes it up in front of the camera. It's always worked for him in the past so he's not going to change now. We never see anymore the more quiet and thoughtful Trump you can see in footage from the eighties and nineties, but you never know how much he's hamming it up for the cameras and his followers.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Alberon on August 24, 2019, 09:52:47 AM
Look how he caused a diplomatic incident cancelling a foreign visit because everyone laughed at his attempt to buy Greenland.

Sometimes a single sentence stops you in your tracks and really makes you re-evaluate the reality you live in. I mean, it shouldn't be surprising that electing a cartoon President leads to cartoon outcomes but, man, that sentence sounds like a Futurama premise starring Zap Brannigan.

Blue Jam

This is basically what us Brits did in the Boer War isn't it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-administration-detention-indefinite-children-cages-flu-vaccine-custody-deaths-a9075181.html

I have no words, just a vague feeling that I quite fancy slipping into a nice coma and waking up in 2024.

Fambo Number Mive

Our PM will no doubt say nothing about this while meeting with Trump today. Johnson knows the US have the upper hand on any trade deal.

Trump wants to cut Medicare and other benefits: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-medicare-social-security-cuts-2020-election-debt-a9076531.html

Twed

Ratchet effect. Now anybody opposing Trump in the general only has to fight to keep the foul Obamacare structure, and no better.

The Republicans turn things to the right, and the Democrats fight to turn it left no further than it was before, and probably a little further to the right than when it started out. The end goal suits both parties.

Barry Admin

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49471093Using nuclear weapons to destroy hurricanes is not a good idea, a US scientific agency has said, following reports that President Donald Trump wanted to explore the option.

Fucking mad cunt. Maybe he should just hereby order the hurricanes to stop, on Twitter.

batwings

Hurricanes are the natural enemies of the bewigged or combovered.

darby o chill

Quote from: batwings on August 26, 2019, 01:55:56 PM
the bewigged or combovered.

CaB, basically.

Combovrd and Bewiggd

kngen

Quote from: Barry Admin on August 26, 2019, 12:13:08 PM
Fucking mad cunt. Maybe he should just hereby order the hurricanes to stop, on Twitter.

I feel we're getting closer and closer to this actually playing out as time goes on.

Buelligan

Quote from: batwings on August 26, 2019, 01:55:56 PM
Hurricanes are the natural enemies of the bewigged or combovered.

Quote from: The New Yorker[In Ivana's] sworn divorce deposition, from 1990, she stated that, the previous year, her husband had raped her in a fit of rage. In Hurt's account, Trump was furious that a "scalp reduction" operation he'd undergone to eliminate a bald spot had been unexpectedly painful. Ivana had recommended the plastic surgeon. In retaliation, Hurt wrote, Trump yanked out a handful of his wife's hair, and then forced himself on her sexually. Afterward, according to the book, she spent the night locked in a bedroom, crying; in the morning, Trump asked her, "with menacing casualness, 'Does it hurt?' " Trump has denied both the rape allegation and the suggestion that he had a scalp-reduction procedure. Hurt said that the incident, which is detailed in Ivana's deposition, was confirmed by two of her friends.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/24/documenting-trumps-abuse-of-women

sponk

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 25, 2019, 04:21:57 PM
Our PM will no doubt say nothing about this while meeting with Trump today. Johnson knows the US have the upper hand on any trade deal.

Trump wants to cut Medicare and other benefits: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-medicare-social-security-cuts-2020-election-debt-a9076531.html

What should Johnson say about it? I wouldn't want Trump lecturing the UK on our benefit or health system, not sure why you want us to lecture them?

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: sponk on August 26, 2019, 10:01:41 PM
What should Johnson say about it? I wouldn't want Trump lecturing the UK on our benefit or health system, not sure why you want us to lecture them?

Shit yourself, "sponk"

bgmnts

Quote from: sponk on August 26, 2019, 10:01:41 PM

Because its shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

bgmnts

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

sponk

Knife crime in London is shiiiiiiiiiiii...ttte...but Trump can still fuck off when he tweets about it.

bgmnts

Thing is though if you get stabbed it wont bankrupt you going to the hospital.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: sponk (threadAIDS Containment) on August 26, 2019, 10:18:55 PM
Knife crime in London is shiiiiiiiiiiii...ttte...but Trump can still fuck off when he tweets about it.

I'm sorry everyone, evacuate the thread immediately. The threadAIDS meters are off the scale.

sponk

Will bankrupt you if you end up unable to work and on UC.

This is missing the point really though. The US healthcare system is a disgrace and Trump seems to be making it worse, but what's it to do with the UK PM? Change Venezuela with US. What's the difference?

Blue Jam

"Where's England?"

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/trump-england-united-kingdom-great-britain.html

I know a lot of Americans insist on calling the UK "England" (and probably wouldn't like it if we called their country "Canada") but a world leader should know better, surely?

He's also slurring and struggling to get the words out even more than before. Dementia progressing?

Quote from: sponk on August 26, 2019, 10:18:55 PM

The President of the United States lecturing the UK about "knife crime" would be quite funny, to be fair

Ferris

Mr Banlon

jobotic

Do you think he ever sees the responses to his tweets?

Buelligan

With those tiny puffy weirdly white-ringed eyes?  I very much doubt it.

sponk

Quote from: jobotic on August 27, 2019, 10:27:14 PM
Do you think he ever sees the responses to his tweets?

I've heard claims that he still blocks people on Twitter. He often retweets people, so I assume he browses Twitter generally.