Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

steve98

Does he do his own Tweeting? The actual typing? It seems unlikely... and why does he stil misuse exclamation marks? Can no-one tell him he's doing it wrong!? (Has no-one  told him? No-one quite had the guts?). I read one of his Tweets (can't remember what) that, as usual, misused an EM and, in the context it was in, it was easy to see how it might provoke a diplomatic upset (Or a war).

Ferris

Quote from: steve98 on August 28, 2019, 12:21:24 AM
Does he do his own Tweeting? The actual typing? It seems unlikely... and why does he stil misuse exclamation marks? Can no-one tell him he's doing it wrong!? (Has no-one  told him? No-one quite had the guts?). I read one of his Tweets (can't remember what) that, as usual, misused an EM and, in the context it was in, it was easy to see how it might provoke a diplomatic upset (Or a war).

It is part of his style and brand. The fact that it is incorrect won't bother the MAGA faithful because they are morons. And no, he doesn't do his own tweeting. Most are sent by aides, and his lawyer conveniently claimed to have sent the one that was found to be illegal in 2017. There are analyses out there of his tweets and who has sent which ones (spoiler: the more garbled and rambling and unfocused, the more likely it is to come from the orange fella).

On a side note, FiveThirtyEight has him dropping 3 points of net favourability in the last month though I can't think of anything particularly egregious he's done. I wonder if the sheer continuous monotony of his cretinous ideas ("let's buy Greenland!") are finally starting to hit home to everyone except the 100% true believers, especially as recession fears start to bubble up, the deficit hits new highs, NK tests more missiles with impunity, and the emperor may not be wearing clothes.

3 points is not a huge movement, but considering he's stayed rock steady at net -10 favourability since the government shutdown (remember that?) its odd that it is starting to materially shift now. Great news, of course. I think it's probably because 2020 is on the horizon and people who aren't super interested in the political process are starting to pay more attention. Bodes well for 2020 I guess.

steve98

Hope so. I've had enough.

Ferris

Quote from: steve98 on August 28, 2019, 12:33:19 AM
Hope so. I've had enough.

Bizarrely, I just saw this opinion piece which I completely agree with. I promise I didn't write it.

Donald Trump Has Worn Us All Out
And maybe our exhaustion spells his end.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/27/opinion/donald-trump.html

Add in midwestern farmers' economic worries over the trade war, and a path to 270 electoral college votes becomes difficult. The piece notes:

QuoteAccording to Morning Consult's tracking poll, Trump's approval rating in vital swing states has declined significantly since he took office. Take Wisconsin: His approval rating in January 2017 was 47 percent, and his disapproval rating was 41, for a net plus of six percentage points. Now his approval has fallen to 41 while his disapproval has climbed to 55, for a net minus of 14.

We've all just had enough, and a middling economy might do for him. Thank Christ.

Ferris

Here's a useful slider month by month, state by state.

Makes for slightly cheerful reading.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/

Head Gardener

olliebean

Quote from: sponk on August 27, 2019, 11:16:28 PM
I've heard claims that he still blocks people on Twitter.

Wasn't it established a while back that he's not allowed to?

steve98

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 28, 2019, 12:49:09 AM

Donald Trump Has Worn Us All Out
And maybe our exhaustion spells his end.

The big worry, if he does lose, is the 2 months between the election and the new Prez's Inauguration: what might he do? He knows he might be arrested as soon as he leaves the WH, he knows he might go to prison, he knows he might be stripped of his fortune (To pay back taxes)... He'll be full of anger and bitterness at being rejected (Possibly rejected by a humiliatingly large number); he'll want revenge (On ev'ryone)... He has a fascination with nuclear bombs, and some kind of god complex and so on (and on and on).

It's terrifying; it's a wonder any of us can function at all.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Head Gardener on August 28, 2019, 08:34:51 AM

Could someone explain what message this image is intended to convey for the hard of understanding (me)?

Paul Calf

New Death Stranding trailer 'A step too far'.

phantom_power

Quote from: ajsmith2 on August 28, 2019, 10:51:20 AM
Could someone explain what message this image is intended to convey for the hard of understanding (me)?

I think you are just supposed to revel in its powerful eroticism

Fambo Number Mive

Robot Clinton looks after Baby Trump?

Clinton is an Autobot?

Robot Clinton will destroy Baby Trump?

In 2060, the only two people surviving in a nuclear-war ravanged America are Robot Clinton and Baby Trump?

Blumf

Haha! Nihilism!

kngen

Quote from: steve98 on August 28, 2019, 10:44:48 AM
The big worry, if he does lose, is the 2 months between the election and the new Prez's Inauguration: what might he do? He knows he might be arrested as soon as he leaves the WH, he knows he might go to prison, he knows he might be stripped of his fortune (To pay back taxes)... He'll be full of anger and bitterness at being rejected (Possibly rejected by a humiliatingly large number); he'll want revenge (On ev'ryone)... He has a fascination with nuclear bombs, and some kind of god complex and so on (and on and on).

It's terrifying; it's a wonder any of us can function at all.

My worry is that he'll (as he has done before) inevitability question the legitimacy of the election, and whip the MAGA crowd into a frenzy, seeking 'justice' and basically running around with guns looking for traitors to the true American way. I fear it will be carnage, and there is a grim irony that the Democratic incumbent's first act as president might be declaring martial law as a convoy of camo pickups full of hootin' cretins with AR-15s snakes its way up I-95 to Washington DC.

I might actually leave the country for a bit.

Head Gardener

Twed

"yas kween" I think.

idunnosomename

some pearlers from BG recently

So Trump is going to shatter the U.S. economy to stop Xi the Pooh from eating honey? Heh heh heh, checkmate, bear.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 31, 2019, 11:46:56 PM
So Trump is going to shatter the U.S. economy to stop Xi the Pooh from eating honey? Heh heh heh, checkmate, bear.
It's a game of blink. Which government can survive a downturn the longest. The US has an election. China has territory issues.

Mister Six

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 01, 2019, 12:17:44 AM
It's a game of blink. Which government can survive a downturn the longest. The US has an election. China has territory issues.

Not sure how relevant the "territory issues" are, or which ones you're referring to.

The impact of the trade war is on China's development, especially its technological advancement. The whole thing (while, I think, justified with regard to wanting China out of international 5G development, and forcing changes to/enforcement of the country's IP laws) is about containing China's rise and maintaining the US as the world's top dog.

Quote from: Mister Six on September 01, 2019, 03:37:06 AM
Not sure how relevant the "territory issues" are, or which ones you're referring to.

The impact of the trade war is on China's development, especially its technological advancement. The whole thing (while, I think, justified with regard to wanting China out of international 5G development, and forcing changes to/enforcement of the country's IP laws) is about containing China's rise and maintaining the US as the world's top dog.

How is any of it legitimate? The US is the most hypocritical country in the world about all of this.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Mister Six on September 01, 2019, 03:37:06 AM

HK, South China. An internal conflict or the possibility of armed conflict, respectively.

Of course the US is scared people -especially in the third world- might actually prefer China to be the dominant world power.

Fambo Number Mive

Garrison thinks the government is an angry wolf, but his hero Trump runs the government.

Don't have a link handy, but Trump holding up a piece of posterboard with a crudely altered and obviously erroneous forecast for Hurricane Dorian meant to support his earlier misstatement that it was going to hit Alabama (because he forgot where Alabama is and thought it was on the coast north of Florida) is unusually comical even for him.

Paul Calf

Alberon

You see, when you have shit you couldn't get away with in a Spitting Image satire you know we really are living in the wrong universe these days.

bgmnts

Trump is a photoshopper's wet dream isn't he?