Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Gulftastic

Quote from: steve98 on November 14, 2018, 04:45:20 PM

He won't like that at all: the sly Fox betraying him.

I hope that they go all the way.

Mister Six

Murdoch was apparently seen going to meet McConnell over the Veterans Day weekend just gone, and the @FoxNews Twitter account hasn't been updated for six days, and @wikileaks for five. Drudge has scrubbed his Twitter feed although he cleans it from time to time anyway. Is Christmas coming early?

Bhazor

God I keep forgetting Murdoch is an actual person. I keep picturing him as this disembodied force like Sauron. But instead of the anthropomorphized dark impulses of man he's just a sort of a gaseous cunt.

chveik

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 13, 2018, 06:26:18 PM
That all makes sense, what I'm really confused about is the stuff before my time- when even old Labour and the less mainstream left-wing political movements were also fractured. I was trying to refrain from adding a Life of Brian quote, but its that whole thing about The Judean People's Front/People's Front of Judea and other SPLITTERS, and how that stuff was a comment on how the left-wing political movements of the 1970s seemed to hate each other more than they hated the right. Was it different then or has nothing changed?

Maybe they were divided because most of the communist movements in the 20th century had failed and turned into totalitarianisms and they didn't know what to do with this "legacy' (I don't really know about the UK but it was the case in France at least, some people still believed in leninism, other thought that they should think outside marxist parameters etc.) Capitalism (and by extension the right) remained the enemy but they were trying to find other ways to fight it because communism in USSR, China, Cambodia was such a failure. The hatred came because they were deceived by the way marxism had been interpreted so far and thus they turn against each other. I might be completely wrong though.

Mister Six

So Assange has been charged in the US, and the charges could be linked to Muller's probe: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/julian-assange-has-been-charged-prosecutors-reveal-in-inadvertent-court-filing/2018/11/15/9902e6ba-98bd-48df-b447-3e2a4638f05a_story.html

If Assange knows anything of note, I don't doubt he'll roll over for an immunity agreement on past leaking, if such a deal is possible. Anything to get out of that bloody embassy.

Also, as I mentioned above, Wikileaks' Twitter feed went dead a day after Fox News', which fell silent on November 8. Coincidence?

Blue Jam

Judge orders White House to  give back Jim Acosta's press pass.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46240975

Trump must be apoplectic right now.

Cuellar

Bannon being enthusiastically protested outside the Oxford Union today - can hear it all from my office.

Fucking annoying, but good on em.

Head Gardener

manticore

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 13, 2018, 06:26:18 PM
That all makes sense, what I'm really confused about is the stuff before my time- when even old Labour and the less mainstream left-wing political movements were also fractured. I was trying to refrain from adding a Life of Brian quote, but its that whole thing about The Judean People's Front/People's Front of Judea and other SPLITTERS, and how that stuff was a comment on how the left-wing political movements of the 1970s seemed to hate each other more than they hated the right. Was it different then or has nothing changed?

The other day I had a little gentle argument on twitter with an anti-Corbyn twitterer. He was complaining about the sit-in involving Alexandra Ocasio Cortez outside Nancy Pelosi's office protesting in favour of a Green New Deal, and complaining that it was divisive when the Democrats should have been uniting.

I said it was in a fine tradition in America of pressing for change outside conventional political processes, and that Pelosi needed pushing to do the right thing - also Pelosi said she welcomed the protest. And the policies the protesters were advocating might be more effective in opposing Trump.  The twitterer changed his mind in response to what I said (more or less - said he'd overstated his objection). 

Obviously I'm basically just saying this to boast, but still it was an example of how some people can just responsively complain about open argument and call it divisive without thinking. (Not saying this in disagreement with your post - it's just something that came to mind.)

Mister Six

MuteBanana

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 16, 2018, 03:55:38 PM
Judge orders White House to  give back Jim Acosta's press pass.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46240975

Trump must be apoplectic right now.

Why?

QuoteJudge Kelly added that the White House was required to restore his White House access, but is under no obligation to call on him during questions.

The issue is they didn't go through proper procedure is all.

QuoteJudge Kelly said he was not ruling on the merits of this case, but that the White House did not provide sufficient justification for revoking Acosta's credentials.

Trump is king shit stirrer. If Accoster was as clever as he thinks he is he would've known the mistake they made. He isn't. He didn't spot it. Instead he went on a crybaby tantrum.

This has given false hope to Acosta but really Trump can do one of two things. Go through procedure and ban him after all. Or tell him to apologise and bow to him and he'll let him come back. Even then he still doesn't have to give him question time.

Paul Calf

"Accoster". LOL.

Why would he have spotted it? He's a journalist, not a lawyer. Amazing, the power a Trump condemnation seems to have on perceptions of someone's character these days.

MuteBanana

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 17, 2018, 06:04:53 AM
"Accoster". LOL.

Why would he have spotted it? He's a journalist, not a lawyer.

Because he's suing them. If he wasn't such a dumb fucking cry baby he could've calmly gone on air and pointed out they never gave him a written explanation for him to contest.

Instead it was wah my career is over, Trump is being mean when I did nothing wrong, Nazi Germany. Trump gave him a chance to redeem himself and he failed.

Paul Calf

You don't think there's some fault in the president of the US expelling journalists who ask difficult questions from the White House?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: MuteBanana on November 17, 2018, 06:16:02 AM
Trump gave him a chance to redeem himself and he failed.

What a preposterous take on it.

Paul Calf

Hank Venture

Quote from: Hank Venture on November 13, 2018, 02:09:01 PM
None of this will happen because the Democrats are controlled opposition. First thing Pelosi did after the elections was talk about the "moral responsibility of reaching across the aisle."

Democrats won't do shit because they're not paid to do shit: their function is to normalise the GOP in order to satisfy their donors.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/11/16/staggeringly-bad-idea-outrage-pelosi-pushes-tax-rule-would-kneecap-progressive

Controlled opposition.

Twed

BlodwynPig

Bhazor

Would explain why Trumpton endorsed her.

QuoteNicholas Kitchel

@nicholaskitchel
Follow Follow @nicholaskitchel
More
This is the photo taken at the White House right after @HouseGOP voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act last year.

Everyone with an ❌ has since been voted out of Congress.

Bhazor

I dislike that image because it makes Mike Pence look like he has laser eyes.

Twed

Mister Six

Quote from: MuteBanana on November 17, 2018, 06:16:02 AM
Because he's suing them.

Because it's the US and that's literally the only way to effect change in such an instance. The government regularly sues companies as a method of enforcing its will. It works both ways.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The Acosta issue isn't complicated. Trump's staff has always tried to keep him out of critics and negative coverage. They provide him with positive press clippings every day, most of his interviews are fluff pieces with Fox News "reporters" where he gets the questions in advance, his TVs and his phone are set on friendly news sources only. If he heard about negative comments and accusations, he may spiral out of control by getting into a petty fight with almost anybody and wouldn't do anything else. That's why he has targets like SNL, cultural institutions that are strong enough to go through the filtering by his staff, because they get mentioned on Fox and Friends and he hears about it.

After the midterms, the staff had no choice but to accept an actual press conference which couldn't be a fluff piece. You can see he was totally uncomfortable with the questions, and he addressed them with empty phrases about the big victory or how his policies are validated by reality everyday. He was totally out of touch. He makes a lot of disparaging comments to reporters who try to ask him serious questions.
Acosta was the one who did his job and insisted when Trump would avoid the question or lie, while a few others were afraid to do so, which is why the staff preferred to have him expelled under some bullshit reason. I guess Sarah Sanders can suffer him through a briefing, but Trump isn't equipped to handle him, and they had to get rid of Acosta before Trump became enraged.

Buelligan

Quote from: TrumpI was watching the firemen the other day, and they were raking areas. They were raking areas where the fire was right over there," he said gesturing to a corner of the room. "They're raking trees, little trees like this that are not trees, little bushes, that you could see are totally dry. Weeds. And they're raking them, they're on fire. That should have been all raked out."

Asked whether climate change factors like rising temperatures and extremely dry conditions could be causes, Trump said: "Maybe it contributes a little bit. The big problem we have is management".

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/11/17/trump-leaves-wildfires-fox-intv-sot-newday-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

What can anyone say at this point?

He is the Walrus.

If seven maids with seven mops raked it for half a year, do you suppose, the Walrus said, that they could get it clear?, I doubt it, said
the Carpenter and shed a bitter tear.

Mister Six

I thought that was John Lennon.

Buelligan

Heheh.  Jefferson Airplane, man.  I tell you, we're through the looking glass now.

Mobius

Snowflake Trump is scared to watch the Khashoggi vid