Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Prodigy Album/Tour

Started by Malcy, August 23, 2018, 07:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

Quote from: Johnny Textface on October 26, 2018, 11:17:05 PMYeah I heard it too and I'm pretty sure it was Liam actually. Still said it for a bit of a laugh I reckon, I mean can you imagine?

You could sit in bed making music. Bollocks would you make the entire album lying down, but why take the statement so literally.

Quote from: Malcy on October 25, 2018, 06:49:33 PMWe Live Forever

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4RT0uHn8RUg

Really liking this one.

Better. You get a better groove snapping through when not relying on the Pendulum snare and overcompressing everything. Still a bit limited in structure and the upward scale bits are a bit sad, but definitely better.

Johnny Textface

It's just a silly soundbite that seems to do the rounds that's all. How many countless acts surely wrote a demo on a guitar sat on a bed.

Twed

Is it me or are these uploads a bit limited in dynamic range? I know it could be the YouTube compression, but ouch.

Malcy

Have a nice FLAC copy of this blaring through headphones at the moment. It's really good but it's only 10 tracks and I heard 5 of them before it was released yesterday.

mobias

All the tracks I've heard sound like very by the numbers Prodigy tracks. Still, they all sound shit loads better than anything on their last couple of albums. I'm definitely interested in giving the full album a listen.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: popcorn on October 12, 2018, 05:20:38 PM
My dad fucking loves Firestarter. Used to blast it on the way to B&Q.

My dad went through a phase like this involving Mambo No 5.

When I passed my driving test in, err, 2005 I think it came with some sort of dvla commissioned 'down with the kids' magazine that had 'sensible' tips for the new motorist. One of the sections included pop music that it was inadvisable to listen to, as its high bpm might make you speed. I'm sure Firestarter was on that. So you know, only 8 years after fat of the land came out.

I obviously didn't listen, and tear-arsed my £500 astra all over the shop while blasting Tool, Skunk Anansie and various dnb mixes.

Here Comes Mongo

Anyone else given the new album a listen yet? I prefer it to their previous two but on the whole it sounds uninspired, and it's permeated by the same cheesy synth effects he's been using for the past decade. I also wish that Liam would stop feeling obliged to give permission to Keith and Maxim to shout over some of the tracks for sake of being able to claim that an album was a team effort.

BeardFaceMan

It sounds like a Prodigy album, which is both the best and worst thing I can say about it.