Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

getting really angry at videogames

Started by madhair60, August 24, 2018, 11:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 26, 2018, 01:58:41 AM
Last game I felt any hostility towards was Battlefield 1, because it's very boring.

Hated BF1.

The last time I was truly angry playing a game was when I was learning to play FPS when I first got Battlefield 3. Just relentlessly dying for 100s of hours at a time got dispiriting until I got a bit better and then I'd still get pwned even by mediocre players which made me angry as well. BF4 came about and all of a sudden I was that annoying cunt running rampant in a LAV or tank mowing people down constantly.

Bhazor

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45315970

Jacksonville shooting: Several killed at video game tournament

Several people have been killed in a mass shooting at an entertainment complex in Jacksonville, Florida, police say.

The sheriff's office said on Twitter that many people had been wounded and urged people to avoid the area.

They said a suspect was dead at the scene, as searches continued in case anyone else is involved.

The shooting happened during a video game tournament being held in Jacksonville Landing.

Many shots can be heard in a video that appears to show the event being streamed online on the Twitch platform.
Advertisement

The players were playing the American football game Madden at the time.

Drini Gjoka, a 19-year-old player taking part, described the shooting in a series of posts on Twitter, calling it "the worst day of [his] life".

"I am literally so lucky. The bullet hit my thumb," he tweeted.

EA Sports, the company that owns Madden and approved the competition, said it was working with the authorities.

The local sheriff's office said on Twitter that Swat teams were continuing to search the area.

They said that they had found "many people" still hiding there and urged them to stay calm.

Local media report that at least four people have been killed, and at least 11 others are injured.

Police have not confirmed the exact numbers but are expected to address the media at 16:30 local (20:30 GMT).

According to the Los Angeles Times, a gamer opened fire after losing, then killed himself. The report, which quoted messages from another gamer, could not immediately be confirmed.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bhazor on August 26, 2018, 09:35:24 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45315970

You just know that the media are going to use this to peddle their usual 'videogames cause real-life violence' narrative.

the

Yup, as opposed to the 'miserable people + easily obtainable guns' narrative.

Bhazor

It'll be impressive if they can paint Madden as ultra violent.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bhazor on August 26, 2018, 10:41:59 PM
It'll be impressive if they can paint Madden as ultra violent.

The content of the game is irrelevant, in the eyes of the agenda driven media.  Their narrative will focus on a gamer killing people because he lost at a videogame.  In fact, I'd wager that they'll likely go to lengths to purposefully avoid mentioning the game which was being played, in the hope that viewers will assume that it was a violent game.

remedial_gash

Quote from: St_Eddie on August 26, 2018, 10:45:21 PM
The content of the game is irrelevant, in the eyes of the agenda driven media.  Their narrative will focus on a gamer killing people because he lost at a videogame.  In fact, I'd wager that they'll likely go to lengths to purposefully avoid mentioning the game which was being played, in the hope that viewers will assume that it was a violent game.

Well there are head injuries in 'shit rugby', I am being pithy, but r/the donald are already going on about guns - like that didn't cause it and /pol are blaming a jewish guy - who 'isn't white' appara.  Think most places are focussing on the gun aspect rather than games.

Bhazor

Quote from: remedial_gash on August 27, 2018, 12:07:45 AM
but r/the donald are already going on about guns

"Sadly crime experts say soon even friendly video game tournaments will be conducted at gun point"