Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Top of the Pops on BBC Four - Thread Two.

Started by Dr Rock, August 26, 2018, 02:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

daf

Not sure if we do a new thread at the start or the end of the 100th page . . . anyway, here's a link for it for when it's required : Top of the Pops on BBC Four - Thread Three

kalowski

Quote from: Jockice on November 05, 2020, 07:45:57 PM
So did I!
Did it become a club night after the bands went off? For some reason I hardly ever went to the Leadmill, preferring the Limit (but it closed some time in 1991).

Jockice

Quote from: kalowski on November 05, 2020, 08:41:56 PM
Did it become a club night after the bands went off? For some reason I hardly ever went to the Leadmill, preferring the Limit (but it closed some time in 1991).

Yeah, it usually did. I went there so often that I can't remember some of the acts I saw but I do remember that particular gig because I was a bit iffy about going but a mate of mine really wanted to so I agreed to go with him. It was okay.

And in another of those amazing coincidences for which I'm well-known, about ten minutes ago I took off the sweatshirt and t-shirt I've been wearing for the last few days and put on a Limit club t-shirt on. One of these. https://dirtystopouts.com/products/limit-unisex-fit-t-shirt-various-colours. In black. Topped off with a dappled red cardigan.

I have a video conference thing this morning with someone who is much younger than me, so I want to show her that I'm still rock'n'roll. By wearing a t-shirt commemorating a club that closed several years before she was even born. And a cardigan.

kalowski

Quote from: Jockice on November 06, 2020, 07:31:13 AM
a Limit club t-shirt on. One of these. https://dirtystopouts.com/products/limit-unisex-fit-t-shirt-various-colours. In black. Topped off with a dappled red cardigan.
Might have to get me one of those. I got about three and a half months out of it, arriving in Sheffield September 1990.