Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley - Episode One

Started by Neil, February 11, 2005, 02:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the first episode?

Shit
53 (19.3%)
Average
163 (59.3%)
Brilliant
59 (21.5%)
BIG BOUNCING BUTTOCKS!!!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 275

Voting closed: February 12, 2005, 01:34:42 PM

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "frickasay"I woke you up for a moment, anyway.
Yeah, you like, totally hit us with a hard dose of reality. Actually.

Do you have any concept of the pointless shit you spout? You're like a Radiohead t-shirt.

A Passing Turk Slipper

frickasay is a bit like a modern day Plato isn't he.

sore bottom mum

Edit: bollocks.. I'm going to bed

mayer

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"frickasay is a bit like a modern day Plato isn't he.

No no, a Socrates... it is in his oblique pathetic questioning that he forces us to make clear the truths we already know inside of us. Or not.

A Passing Turk Slipper

He's like the prisoner who broke free from the cave in Plato's famous cave allegory. We are the ignorant prisoners shackled to the wall, punishing him for trying to open our eyes. We are content in our ignorance, he is a wise man who has been exposed to the true form of comedy. He has knowledge, and other suckers lack it.

frickasay

no, I'm just an ordinary bozo.

Darrell

SurferGhost

Mummy, we're all going to hell!

SurferGhost

Quote from: "frickasay"no, I'm just an ordinary bozo.

Oooh, I feel like chicken tonight.
Please someone say they've got a copy of the original post.

frickasay

you guys got to see that - mmhh..I withdrew it - thought better of it - I think its not information that should be on general release..just forget you ever read it...thanks..

A Passing Turk Slipper

Deadman97

Don't think you got away with that.
Quote from: "I'm paraphrasing, but frickasay pretty much"Watch TV on mescaline, you'll see the EVIL that STALKS HUMANITY! You're LITERALLY ADDICTED! TV is LITERALLY like DRUGS!
First, curtail your misuse of the word "literally". It's a bugbear of mine. Second, please wrap up. You're adding nothing. You've got an axe to grind, okay, but you're clearly a one-trick pony and this really isn't the place or the thread you're looking for.

frickasay

no..they're your words. your misquoting. I NEVER would recommend anyone to do drugs. I'd respectfully ask you to please edit your post and delete that.

Deadman97

Replace your original post, then, and give everyone a chance to rip it apart properly.

mayer

Quote from: "Deadman97"Replace your original post, then, and give everyone a chance to rip it apart properly.

I read the first two lines, and gawped at the screen, tried to quote them to say that I had no intention of reading the rest, and like Kyser Soze, it was gone.

frickasay

No thanks. I do have a right to withdraw posts don't I ? - only a couple of people saw it - I'll gladly discuss it with them in private but I ask you again PLEASE will you delete your mention of the topic. These are not ideas I want out there. I do not condone or promote such activities. As TJ said they have nothing to do with the topic thread.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Well I'm going to go and do it now, then tell all my friends about it.

Deadman97

Quote from: "frickasay"PLEASE will you delete your mention of the topic.
Nope.
Quote from: "frickasay"I woke you up for a moment, anyway.
You certainly got my attention.
Quote from: "frickasay"Adios amigos. It was fun while it lasted...
Have courage enough in your convictions. Drop the charade and take this elsewhere.

SurferGhost

Quote from: "frickasay"I do have a right to withdraw posts don't I ?
You certainly do, but then everyone else has the right to call you on it.

TJ

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"That's the trouble with Bill Hicks and his 'TV has painted over your third eye' joke. He hadn't seen second-series Absolutely.

Well, it's certainly true that 'Ppppppppppartings!' struck a greater chord with me than all that stuff about the right to smoke ever did.

TJ

Quote from: "frickasay"Censor me - Please do. Police your own little corner of the world if you think it will help you. Lock the thread and throw away the key. Go back to your baby talk. I can go as quickly as I came. It was short but sweet. I really don't think there is much more to say. I woke you up for a moment, anyway.

Adios amigos. It was fun while it lasted...

It's not censorship. I just asked you to start a new thread about it. Nobody's going to edit your posts or disable your account, we're just asking that you abide by the very light rules.

alan strang

frickasay can't possibly be real can he? He's far too high-concept - like an unsubtle parody of an 'idealist' credited by a faintly reactionary right-winger with intent to discredit the sort of people who won't join in and enjoy Big Brother 'like the rest of us'.

Maybe we can look forward to a character like that turning up in Nathan Barley (perhaps the week after they do that Damian Hirst send-up with all the piss).

slim

These past few pages have given me more laughs than the first episode of NB did. Yes, we're all too stupid to realise what TV is doing to us, especially Nathan Barley. My brain is a receptive mush now, just waiting for the evil capitalist media barons to inject all their consumerist propaganda into it. Luckily, this thread has opened my eyes.

I'm too scared to venture into Episode 2's thread yet, as I haven't seen it. Does the style and pace differ at all from Episode 1? It'd be nice to see if there's a contrast in jokes per minute and suchlike without anyone actually discussing the 2nd episode. I'm meaning more in a sense of content and style compared to last week's.

frickasay

Believe me what you have been told is literally the tip of the iceberg, however the hostility is not something that suprises me.  Reality is thje most well defended concpet.

I am dissapointed that the reference indicated by deadman has not been deleted - I would expect a more compassionate and charitable disposition from a 'would be teacher' - shouldn't you lead by example ? Shouldn't your conduct be honourable ?

I should not have mentioned it in the first place and as it is it  stands as a misrepresented concept - which is perhaps for the best.  This is not the time or place to make such incredible statements as they need perhaps 2000 words of context in which to understand them. Clearly that is never going to happen in a  'happy go luck'y  TV  opinions forum.

InfiniteFury

It might though in an appropriate thread, really.
Couldn't you humour us with your teachings (unrepentant wretches though we are) so we can be enlightened - please?

I'm about to put the snooker on and I don't want to inadvertently castrate an imprisoned Somalian freedom fighter by doing so - shouldn't I at least be given an awareness of the consequences of my selfish westernised actions?

alan strang

Quote from: "slim"Does the style and pace differ at all from Episode 1?

It's a bit 'dark'er.

And there's a nice tribute to that 80s bank advert at the end - the one where the customer, stuck in a nightmarish vision of red-tape Orwellian madness screams "I just want to talk to someone!!"

Clinton Morgan

Quote from: "frickasay"My hobby is filming children having sex with dead trouts.

Whaaa!!!! That's appalling frickasay, how can you ever do such a thing?

Quote from: "frickasay"I fill up old ladies with morphine and then I make them cross a motorway at seven thirty in the morning.

Well, you said it.

Quote from: "frickasay"I like to poke the eyes out of cows and then shit in their sockets

Right! That's it! I'm calling the police!

Quote from: "frickasay"I'm a cold blooded murderer and you're all on my list. Dr Shipman is an amateur compared to me. Har! Har! Harrrr!

*dials* Nine Nine Nine.....Hello........

Quote from: "frickasay"I'm seventeen years old

Come quietly sir and you won't get hurt.

Deadman97

Quote from: "frickasay"I am dissapointed that the reference indicated by deadman has not been deleted - I would expect a more compassionate and charitable disposition from a 'would be teacher' - shouldn't you lead by example ? Shouldn't your conduct be honourable ?
Well, I refuse to change my post simply because you think you're going to blow some minds and lead people astray- your shit is old, tired and poorly worded. Now shut it, or I'll post the PM you sent me.

frickasay

Post it. Do what you want. SOME of you people are fucked in the head. reply to this - say what you want. congratulate yourselves. I won't be back. I won't be reading it. Have a party - do what the fuck you like. Your all Chris Morris's moron collective - unhuman freaks. What a brood of nasty desperate 'entertainment junkies' he's raised...He's the piped piper of morons...

You are the morons.
You and clinton can swap whatever pathetic offensive shit  you want all night and day.

Your close to liable clinton..but I guess you people find it funny. The worlds fucked and YOU PEOPLE ARE THE REASON. YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT YOUR OWN STUPID FUCKING EMPTY SELFISH LIVES.