Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Minecraft server [split topic]

Started by hedgehog90, August 04, 2018, 10:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgehog90

Zetetic has kindly updated the old CaB Minecraft server so it's running 1.13.
If anyone fancies joining, PM me with your username and I'll sort it out.
(Players from the old server are already whitelisted, no need to PM)

Kryton

JOIN US....

Message Hedgehog or Zetetic.

hedgehog90

It's the Java Minecraft server we've got running, only playable on PC.

Could I get a whitelist please? I assume if you have changed your name then the whitelist is voided?

Zetetic

Wish You Were Here

(I'm not sure how much it counts as a survival game, by this point, in no small part to hedgehog90's industriousness. It's always possible to strike out a little farther on your own though.)

canadagoose

A fitting tribute. (No, it wasn't me - I've just joined)

Kryton

It's bridge 2.0 because a creeper blew up the first one, which if you think about it, is probably exactly the type of shenanigans Barry would have gone for.

Neomod

Quote from: Zetetic on August 13, 2018, 09:54:35 PM

Ooh nice.

I installed the lemonade resource pack as it makes the sea a tempting azure blue and everything else a bit more refined.

Oh and I eventually came across those flying creatures after being underground. Managed to make it to the house and as the sun rose they perished. Wasn't so lucky with the Drowner with the trident. Totally OP. Managed to kill him with the protection of my trusty shield against his spears.

Anyone found any coral yet?

I've built over the ocean with glass floors so have my very own fish tank.

That thing sticking out will eventually be the tower to my enchantment room.

Kryton

I think coral can only be found in the warm ocean biome, rather than cold/luke-warm etc...

Once i get my hands on a silktouch pick axe then I'm going to begin work on a grand aquarium.

Neomod

Quote from: Kryton on August 15, 2018, 06:51:05 PM
I think coral can only be found in the warm ocean biome, rather than cold/luke-warm etc...

Once i get my hands on a silktouch pick axe then I'm going to begin work on a grand aquarium.

So what biome would that be near as I thought deserts are pretty hot. Is it only Jungle?

What's the benefit of silk touch?

Kryton

Ok so if you press f3 (assuming you're on pc) you can see a kind of list of information including the biome. If you head out to sea you will see it change to warm/cold ocean depending.

Go look for a warm ocean and take a silktouch pick axe to harvest the coral (otherwise it turns into dead coral which is useless).

Silktouch allows you to harvest any block/material in its natural form. So you can harvest ice/ore blocks/coral etc...

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Enchanting#Silk_Touch

QuoteAllows collection of blocks that are normally unobtainable: Mined blocks drop themselves instead of the usual items.

Also it's the only way to harvest and transport turtle eggs after breeding etc...

Neomod

Got a few problems. I took a precaution of saving my home base co-ordinates for a long explore. Died and yet again it said my bed was blocked so couldn't spawn back there. Does it matter if it's on a glass floor?

Now the co-ordinates don't match i.e. the base is not where it should be. Anyone had the same problem?

Yeah glass can mess with the bed, also putting it above slabs too.

Neomod

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on August 21, 2018, 09:40:19 AM
Yeah glass can mess with the bed, also putting it above slabs too.

Damn, hung by my own overambitious interior design decisions.

I bet Blofeld never had this problem.

Is it possible to get a server roll back to about 22.25, I got lagged out and couldnt join again for over an hour, when i came back I was dead and all my stuff was gone. I had some good gear, a mending book and op fishing rod and a sharp V looting 3 diaomnd sword as well as 30 levels, I was heading back to base to deposit my items and do some encahnts with my levels as i had been fishing them up. poof 2 hours up in smoke :(

Zetetic

I suspect not, to be honest. I don't have backups that frequently, and others were doing stuff since then.

Not sure what's killing it at the moment. Trying upgrading to the latest version of Spigot (and with Minecraft 1.13.1).

Zetetic

Apologies.

Have a suspicion that the hard drive in that server is on its way to the grave, which might be partly responsible for some of the problems. Don't know how much Minecraft servers lock if they can't read/write in a timely fashion.

(Need to sort out changing servers, really. This is not a fantastic time to deal with that, unfortunately.)

I fully appreciate your efforts in hosting the server. It might of been my connection as I changed my connection over to another and I was able to join. Might be something to do with the Moto GP in town.

Kryton

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on August 27, 2018, 12:24:27 AM
Damn, rip stuff.

Give me a list of the stuff you lost and I can give you any spares I have. Leave a sign in my house if you want and i'll put it in a chest for you. (My house is the chinese-looking wooden one opposite Hedgehog's manor, the one in front of the aquarium).

Thanks for the offer, but that wouldnt be right. Plus the Mending book is super rare.

Kryton

how/where did you die? your stuff won't despawn until you go back to it... if you can remember where it was?

Neomod

Oh I didn't realise there are now 2 minecraft discussions and have posted in the other one. Anyway, quick question. Are the higher enchantments accessed by having more bookcases in your enchantment room?

I'm a bit light at the moment.

Quote from: Kryton on August 27, 2018, 09:10:59 AM
how/where did you die? your stuff won't despawn until you go back to it... if you can remember where it was?
I know, there should of been a big pile of stuff, I was right next to my house. I think everything glitched away.

The server appears to be offline at the moment.

Zetetic

Up and running again.

Have stopped MCMA trying to automatically restart the Minecraft server (which it likes to every so often), because it doesn't seem to be able to do so reliably.

Ive remade my God Rod and managed to fish up another Mending book. Just the sword to remake.