Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minecraft server [split topic]

Started by hedgehog90, August 04, 2018, 10:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have located the End portal and connected it to the Nether Highway. What is the concensus in regards to killing the Dragon. First come first served or tackle it as a server event?

hedgehog90

Is the server working again?
I hopped on last night and although a bit laggy, didn't repeatedly timeout.

^ I'd be up for an End raid, maybe wait until a few of us are on and we'll do it together.

Kryton

I've been making potions preparing for the fight. Top tip makes some Potions of slow falling so the Dragon dosn't wreck you.

Ok who is up for doing the Ender Dragon tonight?

hedgehog90

I have to be up early tommrow but 7pm would be good for me.

hedgehog90

No can do then.
Set a date and I'll try and organize it so it's not just you and me.

What time can you do tonight? To be fair I havn't seen a lot of people on lately.

Kryton

Sorry i've been busy with irl stuff. I can perhaps do tomorrow, more likely do it Monday. But don't feel forced to wait for me. I may even pop on later.

How dare people have real lives. Not when you have cows to sex then slaughter.

hedgehog90

Does anyone need any gear for tonights fight?

Kryton

Assuming my net connection will be okay, I'll see you at 9pm.

What do we really need? I got funky infinite bow, decent armour n stuff.

Any potions or golden apples? Empty bottles if you want to grab any dragon breath to make lingering potions. Torch or piston to grab the dragon egg. E Perls for last ditch save if the dragon knocks you off. Your welcome to pop over to my house and grab some equipment, I have some spare sets of good armour, swords etc.

hedgehog90

I tried playing it last night and persevered despite countless server timeouts, but I just logged in and it appears to have gone wrong in the weirdest way.
No matter where I log off, whenever I log on I appear in the same spot, 363 / 12 / 9, with the same inventory and the chunk reverted.
At first it appeared nothing was saving, but then I noticed it was only this chunk, at around 375 / - / 0 (an adjacent chunk to my spawn).
I can place loot in chests and they'll remain, but if I take anything out of a chest and log off, once I log in my inventory reverts and the items I took from the chest are gone forever.
Really weird. Hasn't disconnected once though tonight.

Zetetic

Zetetic

Imminent HDD death, again.

Or something like that. It's very odd - I asked them to replace the SATA cables and it seemed to get better for a while. Perhaps the power cables or PSU?

hedgehog90

When did they replace the cables? I've tried going on a few times in the last week or so and it seemed to be getting progressively worse each day, with occasional spots where it worked fine for 15 minutes or so.
I can only imagine this is all due to a very tired hard disk drive.
Have you tried doing a S.M.A.R.T. disk check?

hedgehog90

That's odd, it's rewound even more. Did you do something?

Edit: It seems to be working now.

Zetetic

Restarted the machine. Suspect you were seeing changes that it couldn't write to disk.

SMART doesn't turn up anything out of the ordinary, or didn't last time.

Cables were replaced in July. Still getting lots of SATA communication errors after that, but nothing fatal (until today) when previously it was falling over after 10-20 minutes uptime quite consistently.

I eventually mean to migrate to another server, but I've not had the time and energy. (Or, alternatively, cash.)

hedgehog90

As your server continues to be problematic for the meantime we could move things onto my server.
(Yeah i have a server, kept that a secret. Actually Zet helped me set it up a couple years ago. I thought as it's located in Montreal the ping would be a too high but I've just tested it and it's fine)
I set up McMyAdmin on it earlier, if Zet could send the old world data over and the whitelist json then we should be good to go again.

Zetetic

Sorting producing a backup now. Will be ready by tomorrow evening at latest.

(Then will put this machine out of its misery...)

hedgehog90

New server address is:

cab2.mcalias.com

Just aheads up the nether highway has become unteathered ot its portals, so that needs redoing at some point.

Jsut a bump to this thread. A reminder I'm still playing this over on Hedgehogs server. Discovered today that travellign with Elytra and rockets is op for treasure searching. Did it in the end lookign for end citys, and found a massive with about 20 bits of armour and have 13 Shulka boxes now.

1.14 is out now with its new textures and stuff, looking forward to the server taking the next step.