Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:46:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Temporary - Trojan Records special on Radio 1 - listen online

Started by mr rou-rou, February 22, 2004, 11:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr rou-rou

Radio 1 daytime and evening sets get a right slagging off, but if you tune in around about 10pm you can catch all sorts of goodies now and again,

QuoteIn brief...

Formed in 1968, Trojan Records quickly went on to dominate the Jamaican music scene in the UK until the mid-seventies, introducing millions to the sound of reggae throughout this period with innumerable releases, including numerous chart hits.

Today, under the stewardship of Sanctuary Records, Trojan has become the world's leading vintage Jamaican music label, drawing on its vast archive to provide the source for a myriad compilations, highlighting genres as diverse as Ska and Dub, Rocksteady and Dancehall.

Show broadcast on Radio 1 on Friday 19th February 2004
Your chance to listen to again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/urban/oneworld/trojan.shtml?focuswin&hp_rh_pic

ClaudiusMaximus

Cheers for the heads-up, I'm a big fan of the Trojan sound, so many good tunes.  Had a little trouble getting it to work because the bastard BBC assume everyone is using  either Windows or MacOS.  But I'm listening happily now, lovely bit of reggae on a Sunday lunchtime.

mr rou-rou

no worries, it's a good way to start a nice sunny Sunday, plus the speaky bits are good if you are new to the label or even reggae/ska/rocksteady/calypso/dub genres.

There are loads of Trojan boxed sets knocking about but I always find it overkill, too much too much, mixed in with other stuff it's lovely, real sunshine music, I need a holiday and some earphones.