Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So Solid Corbs - 21 Deselections To Go

Started by Johnny Yesno, August 27, 2018, 08:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Mr_Simnock

this thread will be filled with turds, sorry

(***a big pile of shit***)
http://i.imgur.com/etIDB.jpg

Johnny Yesno

Beats having to look at a shit title for the next few months, I guess.

Mr_Simnock

pancreas

Just like to say I've jumped shi(p/t). This is my home now.

pancreas

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on August 27, 2018, 08:14:18 PM
I don't think he's a spy or an antisemite.  I just think he's a bit of a wally, hence why I will not vote for him.

If you won't vote Labour because Corbyn is pompous then there's a hell of a lot more wrong with you than I can help rectify.

Johnny Yesno

What about his policies Mrs W? Surely those are much more important than whether he's 'a bit of a wally'.

Buelligan

I'd be very interested to see a list of fully-votable non-pomps.  We need an idea of the benchmarks here.

Paul Calf

Wasn't 'wally' a favourite TFM word to describe people with whom he had principled and honest differences of opinion who threatened his neolib mates' access to power and free money?

Funcrusher

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 27, 2018, 09:20:57 PM
Wasn't 'wally' a favourite TFM word ?

Yes, and i would treat anyone using it in a politics thread with the utmost suspicion.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 27, 2018, 09:11:19 PM
What about his policies Mrs W? Surely those are much more important than whether he's 'a bit of a wally'.

Well i don't agree with a number of his policies, not least his confusing stance on Brexit.  But honestly, the fact that he's a wally is important. I don't think he's capable of leading his own party, never mind the country. 

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on August 27, 2018, 10:06:45 PM
Well i don't agree with a number of his policies, not least his confusing stance on Brexit.  But honestly, the fact that he's a wally is important. I don't think he's capable of leading his own party, never mind the country.

Could you tell us which policies you don't agree with and what policies you do agree with (don't need to be Corbyn here).

ta

Zetetic

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on August 27, 2018, 10:06:45 PM
I don't think he's capable of leading his own party, never mind the country.
Then don't worry about him, unless he is actually your MP.

garnish

He's the leader of the opposition.  It sounds a bit flippant to say just ignore him.

Quote from: garnish on August 27, 2018, 10:11:12 PM
He's the leader of the opposition.  It sounds a bit flippant to say just ignore him.

Exactly.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 27, 2018, 10:31:28 PM
Yet you won't be voting for him. How is that not ignoring him?

I listen to what he has to say.  Whether or not I agree with him or vote for his party is a different matter. Quite simple really.

pancreas

I'm sorry. Something like 100 homeless people dead on the streets of the UK since this winter, but you're not going to vote Labour because Corbyn is too pompous, or a wally—and you're confused by the party's Brexit stance, which is: no loss of rights or benefits that that which would be achieved by being in the EU (the result of which is that they vote against almost every piece of Tory Brexit legislation going).

In my opinion you need to get a hold of yourself.

Quote from: pancreas on August 27, 2018, 10:48:05 PM
I'm sorry. Something like 100 homeless people dead on the streets of the UK since this winter, but you're not going to vote Labour because Corbyn is too pompous, or a wally—and you're confused by the party's Brexit stance, which is: no loss of rights or benefits that that which would be achieved by being in the EU (the result of which is that they vote against almost every piece of Tory Brexit legislation going).

In my opinion you need to get a hold of yourself.

You sound just as pompous as Corbyn!  Your explanation on Labour's Brexit Policy is abstracted to the point of becoming meaningless.  The fact is many people (labour voters included) are generally confused by where the party stands on this critical issue.   "We want a good Brexit".  Erm. Yeah, thanks Labour.

Buelligan

OK, so say who you don't think is a wally.   There must be someone.

Quote from: Zetetic on August 27, 2018, 10:08:59 PM
Then don't worry about him, unless he is actually your MP.

I was talking to someone recently whose relative lives in Islington and is a (somewhat difficult, apparently) profoundly deaf person.  Corbyn's been their MP for years and years and has reportedly left no stone unturned to help them, which doesn't sound too wally-ish to me.

Quote from: Buelligan on August 27, 2018, 11:21:32 PM
OK, so say who you don't think is a wally.   There must be someone.

Keir Starmer.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on August 27, 2018, 11:27:02 PM
Keir Starmer.

He's not leader of the opposition. However, he is an MP and Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union of the party you say you won't vote for.

Zetetic

Quote from: Buelligan on August 27, 2018, 11:21:32 PM
I was talking to someone recently whose relative lives in Islington...
Whatever one might think of him, he does seem to be a decent MP to have as your MP.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 27, 2018, 11:34:24 PM
He's not leader of the opposition. However, he is an MP and Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union of the party you say you won't vote for.

The question was "who don't you think is a wally", not who is the leader of the opposition.  Do keep up at the back!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on August 27, 2018, 11:40:21 PM
The question was "who don't you think is a wally", not who is the leader of the opposition.  Do keep up at the back!

I'm wondering why you won't vote for a party that has Keir Starmer on the front bench unless he becomes the leader, particularly since Starmer is responsible for disseminating the party's stance on Brexit.