Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:06:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unexpected pictures of musicians together

Started by Nowhere Man, August 28, 2018, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidsick5000

Quote from: purlieu on October 30, 2018, 10:02:41 PM
Wot, no Manic Street Spice Girls?

Shocking how young he looks here. Also, Posh Spice looks really good here...

Quote from: Glebe on August 29, 2018, 04:20:23 AM

Bowie backstage at his 50th Birthday show, with Robert Smith, Frank Black, Billy Corgan, Sonic Youth, Foo Fighters, Placebo, et al.

It's very weird at my time of life to realise he was that 'young' when this happened.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Special K on January 03, 2019, 05:43:19 PM
Is that Jeff Lynne? Also, is that a Photoshop or is this?

Oh fucking hell:

https://www.instagram.com/p/bHB_wsQ4vs/

Now we can't even trust the lo-fi bass players?

studpuppet

He did the Ying Tong Song which got to no. 3 in the charts so he can be classed as musician.

NoSleep

You forget that he played the trumpet and sung in the 30's & 40's.

studpuppet

Bennett Brauer

Morrison was his usual difficult self the day he met Milligan, but you can sense Milligan tried hard to get something out of him if you read the transcript.

Spike said afterwards he thought Van was a bad-mannered scruffy pig.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

DrGreggles

Worth digging up the old thread for, I hope.

Pseudopath

non capisco

Roland Rat was well known for his love of alternative music so it's no great surprise he was pally with the godfather of punk Iggy Pop. Tired of having to introduce the anodyne likes of Swing Out Sister as musical guests on his BBC1 show, Rat threatened to quit and move back to ITV if they didn't let him choose the guest act for the final episode of the series. Rat chose his all time favourite act Pere Ubu, much to the consternation of his producers and presumably the bafflement of his child audience. When appearing on Desert Island Discs Rat chose the likes of Amps For Christ, Swell Maps and "anything by Sun City Girls, mehhhhhhhhhhh!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiw97_MBg2g

Epic Bisto

non capisco

It really depends on your tolerance and fond memories or otherwise for Roland Rat. Iggy has a lovely smile though, yes.

studpuppet

Brix, Nigel Kennedy and a few members of chart toppers the 1990 England World Cup Squad, or one half of Glenn & Chris plus Gazza (no. 2 with Lindisfarne in Oct 1990).

Tony Tony Tony

Not sure why, but I just get the impression Debbie Harry is mocking Mozza in this pic...

Maybe she is doing a 'chinny chinny' much loved when I was a schoolboy

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: purlieu on October 30, 2018, 10:02:41 PM
Wot, no Manic Street Spice Girls?

The Spice Girls all look like they've been taking garys.

non capisco

The unidentified bloke stood behind Mel C definitely was.

"OI OIIIII! WHERE YOU FROM AND WHAT YOU ON?"

Man, I would absolutely love to go out to the 1997 Brit Awards, drop a couple of bumbles and get my picture taken with an awkward looking James Dean Bradfield right now. Music with feelings on a Friday night, feel the energy rush up to your brain etc.

phantom_power

He looks like one of the ones out of Candy Flip, or Northside or something

wosl

Iggy showing class and nous.  If you get ambushed on breakfast TV or some awards thing, just go with it.  What a crackerjack smile. 

kngen

Quote from: non capisco on July 24, 2019, 08:35:04 PM
Rat chose his all time favourite act Pere Ubu, much to the consternation of his producers and presumably the bafflement of his child audience.

The children's cheers after he says Pere Ubu is just a fantastic moment. It's a real life 'I'm sure you kids know me best as Sgt. Fatso Judson in From Here to Eternity' 'YAAAAAAY!' moment. Beautiful.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: non capisco on July 24, 2019, 08:35:04 PM
Roland Rat was well known for his love of alternative music so it's no great surprise he was pally with the godfather of punk Iggy Pop. Tired of having to introduce the anodyne likes of Swing Out Sister as musical guests on his BBC1 show, Rat threatened to quit and move back to ITV if they didn't let him choose the guest act for the final episode of the series. Rat chose his all time favourite act Pere Ubu, much to the consternation of his producers and presumably the bafflement of his child audience. When appearing on Desert Island Discs Rat chose the likes of Amps For Christ, Swell Maps and "anything by Sun City Girls, mehhhhhhhhhhh!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiw97_MBg2g

I was 100% convinced you were joking until I played that video. I would have been 12 at the time and there's at least half a chance I watched it and my brain just refused to register the information.

Glyn

Quote from: non capisco on October 03, 2019, 11:30:37 PM
The unidentified bloke stood behind Mel C definitely was.

"OI OIIIII! WHERE YOU FROM AND WHAT YOU ON?"

Looks like Nick Naysmith , the musical link between the Manics and Mel C
https://www.discogs.com/artist/313646-Nick-Nasmyth

Icehaven

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 24, 2019, 06:05:27 PM

Quote from: non capisco on July 24, 2019, 10:18:28 PM
It really depends on your tolerance and fond memories or otherwise for Roland Rat. Iggy has a lovely smile though, yes.

Quote from: wosl on October 04, 2019, 03:41:48 PM
Iggy showing class and nous.  If you get ambushed on breakfast TV or some awards thing, just go with it.  What a crackerjack smile. 

Why do you all keep calling Fred Gwynne ''Iggy''?

holyzombiejesus

One of these people isn't a musician but she does present Bargain Hunt which is probably a bit like being in a band.

spaghetamine

not entirely sure if this fits the criteria but posting anyway because it's great