Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:58:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unexpected pictures of musicians together

Started by Nowhere Man, August 28, 2018, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

Great pics but some of these aren't unexpected.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on August 29, 2018, 12:04:09 PM

Especially the Bowie ones with all the Alt- Rock types. Not a huge stretch. It's not like he's hanging out with Aqua, or something ( Really liked the Lee and Herring reference btw, Tikwid).

biggytitbo

Kate Bush, Paul and Linda, Victor Spinetti, Phil Lynott and some bloke from the Meters -

NoSleep

That would be Leo Nocentelli the Meters guitarist.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Glebe on August 29, 2018, 04:20:23 AM
A comedy legend rather than a musical star (although he did sing, of course!), but any excuse:

Another singing comedian and pop star combo:

Icehaven

The Beatles and The Monkees must have been photographed with everyone on the earth.

Lemming

Only one of them is a musician, so consider this bonus content, but I love this unexpected picture so much:

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on August 29, 2018, 12:04:09 PM

A lot of them aren't that unexpected, no, but it's still a nice thread full of cracking pics!

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: icehaven on August 29, 2018, 03:31:49 PM
The Beatles and The Monkees must have been photographed with everyone on the earth.

Brundle-Fly

We did do a pop piccy thread exactly two years ago with some great images so I'm going to post my favourite again because it sort of fits the OP.

oh, and FWIW here's another...

Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits meets Elvis. This one really is unexpected, because as far as I'm aware, Elvis never met any other famous '60s pop musicians apart from The Beatles (bizarrely, no one thought to take a photograph of them together).

Why did Noone, of all people, earn the privilege of hanging out with The King? I still can't quite work it out. The Hermits and Elvis were both in Hawaii at the time, and Colonel Parker apparently called the wholesome Mancunian hit-makers to say that his boy would love to meet them. The unlikeliness of this alleged enthusiasm on Elvis' part is confirmed when you listen to the recording, as he clearly has no idea who Noone is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G3NNsovjVc

Technique

Not strictly adhering to title of the thread. Pictured here is a musician, comedian and news reader. Although the comedian has made records. Don't know about the news reader. But what if he did. imagine.

non capisco

BlodwynPig

Quote from: non capisco on August 29, 2018, 06:21:19 PM
Lennon, Tarbuck and...Sissons?

History would be very different if they'd formed a band together.

Quote from: Lemming on August 29, 2018, 03:35:49 PM
Only one of them is a musician, so consider this bonus content, but I love this unexpected picture so much:

Rik played bass with Bad News, so that photo definitely fits the remit of this thread.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 29, 2018, 06:00:03 PM

Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits meets Elvis. This one really is unexpected, because as far as I'm aware, Elvis never met any other famous '60s pop musicians apart from The Beatles

Apart from Tommy Steele, of course! Elvis experts said the anecdote is utter bollocks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1897314/Did-Elvis-Presley-visit-Tommy-Steele-in-London.html

NoSleep

The Jimi Hendrix Experience and The Soft Machine (Kevin Ayers, Robert Wyatt & Mike Ratledge).

I see your Experience and The Soft Machine, and raise you the Experience, Pink Floyd, The Move, Amen Corner and The Nice.

Again, not really unexpected, as they all went on a package tour together, but still, that's quite a line-up.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 29, 2018, 06:32:05 PM
Apart from Tommy Steele, of course! Elvis experts said the anecdote is utter bollocks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1897314/Did-Elvis-Presley-visit-Tommy-Steele-in-London.html

Amazing.

QuoteMr Kenwright admitted that he was not sure whether he should have told the story.

Because it's utter bollocks.

QuoteSteele last night maintained his discretion, saying: "What happened many years ago is something sweet and memorable.

"It was an event shared by two young men sharing the same love of their music and the same thrill of achieving something unimaginable.

"I swore never to divulge publicly what took place and I regret that it has found some way of getting into the light.

"I only hope he can forgive me."

He's dead, mate. Also, it never happened.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Nowhere Man on August 28, 2018, 12:27:14 PM

Shane MacGowan and Bob Dylan

I was wondering how Shane MacGowan was these days. Not in great shape, is he? The recent pictures of him at his mother's funeral are heartbreaking. He just looks broken.

Very sad, I agree, but I must admit that when I first saw that photo, my eyes were immediately drawn to Bob Dylan looking like someone you wouldn't want to find standing behind you at a cash machine.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Special K on August 29, 2018, 07:30:46 PM
Which one's Pink?

Heh. Looks like BoBB has edited out the reference to Bolan, thus making me seem insane.

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on August 29, 2018, 07:27:25 PM
Which one's Bolan?

Sorry, I edited my post when I realised that Bolan isn't in that photograph at all.