Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unexpected pictures of musicians together

Started by Nowhere Man, August 28, 2018, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice Yeatman

I've seen Bolan tagged on that photo elsewhere - possibly started off with someone mistaking Syd for him.

The Culture Bunker

Michael Jackson, Graham Parker, Lena Lovich and her guitarist (I think).

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: PaulTMA on August 28, 2018, 11:27:23 AM

No offence to Jimmy Nail, I have nothing against the man, but the expression on Springsteen's face there is the very definition of strained, pained, legendary rock star "Can we just get this over with?" meet-and-greet discomfort.

Icehaven

Is that even definitely Jimmy Nail and not just some bloke that looks a bit like him?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: icehaven on August 29, 2018, 10:36:25 PM
Is that even definitely Jimmy Nail and not just some bloke that looks a bit like him?

I'm not even sure if that's actually Bruce Springsteen.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 29, 2018, 06:00:03 PM

Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits meets Elvis. This one really is unexpected, because as far as I'm aware, Elvis never met any other famous '60s pop musicians apart from The Beatles (bizarrely, no one thought to take a photograph of them together).

Why did Noone, of all people, earn the privilege of hanging out with The King? I still can't quite work it out. The Hermits and Elvis were both in Hawaii at the time, and Colonel Parker apparently called the wholesome Mancunian hit-makers to say that his boy would love to meet them. The unlikeliness of this alleged enthusiasm on Elvis' part is confirmed when you listen to the recording, as he clearly has no idea who Noone is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G3NNsovjVc

Elvis's response to why he can't come over to tour in England is that Colonel Parker has a bad back? Bloody hell, even he must have gathered it was all a load of bollocks.

I love Elvis, but he really needed to grow some balls when it came to taking charge of his career. (late 60s Comeback era aside)

Nowhere Man

Three midland greats, Noddy Holder, Tommy Iommi & Roy Wood:

Bit of a shock to see Noddy looking so haggard these days. Wonder if he can still get down and get with it.

Maurice Yeatman

I think Noddy looks pretty good for 72. He's not dyeing his hair like the other two either, and they're both younger.

Having said that, if he yelled "It's Christmas" at me I'd twat him.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Nowhere Man on August 30, 2018, 12:31:04 AM

Bit of a shock to see Noddy looking so haggard these days.

He's looked fairly haggard since the mid eighties.

Maurice Yeatman

The flip are you two on about?
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/haggard
Quotehaggard
ADJECTIVE
Looking exhausted and unwell, especially from fatigue, worry, or suffering.

SpiderChrist

This got posted on Twitter by Old Pics Archive, claiming it was Marley & Hendrix. This seems unlikely, given it was taken 9 years after Jimi's death.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 29, 2018, 10:09:33 PM
No offence to Jimmy Nail, I have nothing against the man, but the expression on Springsteen's face there is the very definition of strained, pained, legendary rock star "Can we just get this over with?" meet-and-greet discomfort.

Bruce always has that consiptated look.

gilbertharding

Icehaven

Bit of a shock to see Noddy looking so haggard these days. Wonder if he can still get down and get with it.

I actually thought ''Germaine Greer's done herself up.''

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on August 30, 2018, 01:50:20 AM
The flip are you two on about?
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/haggard

Quote from: OEDb. Gaunt or scraggy-looking, from the loss of flesh with advancing years. (Apparently influenced by hag n.1, as if 'somewhat hag-like': cf. hagged adj. 2.)

Absorb the anus burn

wosl

Nice pic, but a not unexpected combination: a Black Country bumpkin and two Brummies, who do the rock-style of music and who are all more or less the same age.

The Hairy Bikers have long sought to distance themselves from original member Jimmy Savile.

studpuppet

Quote from: Lemming on August 29, 2018, 03:35:49 PM
Only one of them is a musician, so consider this bonus content, but I love this unexpected picture so much:

They both have the same number of UK No. 1 singles.

SteveDave

A friend posted a clip of him doing "Coz I Luv You" from last month (I think) and he's still got the voice.

Pranet

Noddy looks fine. Seem to remember Toni Iommi has had some work done.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: SteveDave on September 04, 2018, 12:55:00 PM
A friend posted a clip of him doing "Coz I Luv You" from last month (I think) and he's still got the voice.

Are you sure? I didn't think he sang anymore, i'd love to see it if you've got the clip.

Sure you don't mean this re-recording he did in 2000 though? (That's the newest recording I can find of his singing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzzXm3TeR3c

Epic Bisto

Quote from: Glebe on August 29, 2018, 04:20:23 AM

Frank Black looks like he knows where JonBenet Ramsey was hidden. I can't take credit for that phrase but look at the 'kin state of him. Also Steve Shelley looks like he has Downs.

SteveDave

Quote from: Nowhere Man on September 05, 2018, 12:05:31 AM
Are you sure? I didn't think he sang anymore, i'd love to see it if you've got the clip.

Sure you don't mean this re-recording he did in 2000 though? (That's the newest recording I can find of his singing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzzXm3TeR3c

On closer inspection, the clip is from 2013

https://www.facebook.com/722994277/videos/10151927999304278/

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: icehaven on August 30, 2018, 03:40:08 PM
I actually thought ''Germaine Greer's done herself up.''

Never going to be able to unsee this now. Cheers.

Icehaven

Quote from: Epic Bisto on September 05, 2018, 07:18:42 AM
Frank Black looks like he knows where JonBenet Ramsey was hidden.

Well he does, it's behind Brian Molko.

smudge1971