Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unexpected pictures of musicians together

Started by Nowhere Man, August 28, 2018, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

poodlefaker

cool rugby shirt bro. did you iron it yourself?

Epic Bisto

Kevin Allin, his brother Merle and Ronan Keating.

Maurice Yeatman

Fair enough, I know it's an interview, but still... Steve 'Fucking Rotter' Jones chatting to Jon 'Starlight Movement Reasons Tallest Rainbow Sun Shower Seasons' Anderson.

a duncandisorderly

Glebe

Spotted on Facebook... not that strange, but anyway, two of my very fave guitarists:

purlieu

Icehaven

Quote from: purlieu on October 30, 2018, 10:02:41 PM
Wot, no Manic Street Spice Girls?

Scary Spice has whited and maled herself go.

BlodwynPig

No photos sadly but always a favourite quote

QuoteIt was George (Harrison) who encouraged my son Ed in his guitar playing, which he does to this day in his band Ozric Tentacles. George told him in the late Sixties when Ed was about seven: 'Your father's a great man. He told me about the Maharishi and meditation. He did me a great favour.'

Rocket Surgery

studpuppet

biggytitbo

It was Eric Sykes who taught him how to moonwalk apperently.

Natnar

"Hattie, are you ok, are you ok, are you ok Hattie"

studpuppet

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 19, 2018, 12:55:05 PM
It was Eric Sykes who taught him how to moonwalk apperently.

Sorry - Snopes begs to differ with you.

Quote from: Rocket Surgery on November 03, 2018, 11:10:52 PM

Surely Mills and James are in the top 5 techno artists ever? Both with long careers, their paths must have crossed often.

Quote from: studpuppet on November 19, 2018, 01:23:24 PM
Sorry - Snopes begs to differ with you.

Crazy you should post that today, I went down a Bob Fosse wormhole last night and came across this

https://youtu.be/QUlEBhGgEe0

gilbertharding

Glebe

BlodwynPig

Evidence of this legendary meeting has just emerged

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 19, 2018, 03:01:00 PM
Surely Mills and James are in the top 5 techno artists ever? Both with long careers, their paths must have crossed often.

Yep, true. Not unexpected in that regard, but I've always kind of compartmentalised the two of them in my head. Mills' earnest and spiritual dedication to the Detroit sound, contrasted with the anarchic piss-taking of a weird kid from rural Cornwall. They'd both be filed in the same section of the record shop, but it's still odd to imagine them hanging out.

"I'd be very interested to hear about your latest project, Richard."

"Ah well, I've just figured out a way to put a picture of my own face into the sound spectrum. It sounds like a dalek being dropped in a bath."

" ... "

Plus, it's a great picture.

gilbertharding

This thread made me curious to know if Thurston Moore and Beck have ever been seen in the same room together, you know, like in the sense that they apparently look exactly the same as each other.

Turns out that they have, and that they don't look that alike after all.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 20, 2018, 02:50:05 PM
This thread made me curious to know if Thurston Moore and Beck have ever been seen in the same room together, you know, like in the sense that they apparently look exactly the same as each other.

Turns out that they have, and that they don't look that alike after all.

That's one of my favourite awkward interviews ever-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdzY49xlvdY

a duncandisorderly

thurston & lee co-hosted an Mtv europe '120' round about the same time. I don't know what they were on, but it was hilariously inept & barely usable. I would upload the VHS I kept of the show, but copyright blah blah. besides, not sure where it is now.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on September 08, 2018, 11:42:21 AM
good job I was sitting down. genuinely startled.

"But the biggest fun of the night was meeting Keith Emerson, of Emerson Lake & Palmer, I really got on well with him! It's amazing how this music industry wants us to be enemies, and we're not."

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 23, 2018, 10:50:51 AM
"But the biggest fun of the night was meeting Keith Emerson, of Emerson Lake & Palmer, I really got on well with him! It's amazing how this music industry wants us to be enemies, and we're not."

Well known of course that Lydon was a big Van der Graaf Generator fan at the very least pre-Pistols. His second autobiography had something about an evening getting pissed and playing records with Todd Rundgren too.

Not to mention

He's music's ageing Brian Clough now. Occasionally insightful and interesting, too much trying hard to be controversial like in the old days, a terrible softie underneath.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 23, 2018, 10:50:51 AM

does he mention roadying for hawkwind, or seeing them anyway? I'll have to hunt this down, this second volume.

gilbertharding

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 03, 2019, 05:20:35 PM
How do these apples grab you?

Is that Jeff Lynne? Also, is that a Photoshop or is this?