Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Louis CK returns to comedy after wankbeast shenanigans [split topic]

Started by up_the_hampipe, August 28, 2018, 08:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: Bronzy on October 13, 2018, 02:00:32 AM
Sometimes when I feel unwell I run outside and wank me cock in front of the first woman I see

With your limmy avatar I can honestly believe that. Probably do another twitter feed of it with photos and all.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Bronzy on October 13, 2018, 02:00:32 AM
Sometimes when I feel unwell I run outside and wank me cock in front of the first woman I see

Likewise. I also then deny that I ever did it and get my agent to bully the women I did it to into silence. It's worse than the fucken flu, it is!

Sebastian Cobb

I imagine if given a platform he'd still have an audience.

I'm also willing to be there's quite a few people who are able to give him a big platform doing some maths to work out whether giving him one or acting virtuous will be more profitable.

up_the_hampipe

Louis has been doing more drop-in sets this week. He talked fairly openly about wankgate at one of the shows https://laughspin.com/louis-ck-west-side-comedy-club-sexual-misconduct/

While I'm sure it's more appreciated for him to actually address it instead of just doing an act, it seems like his angle was just about how much it has affected him. Not that it's something that can't be talked about, it's certainly very interesting to hear how life has been for him as a shamed wankbeast, but I think people would want self-reflection as the main course.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 13, 2018, 02:30:54 PM
While I'm sure it's more appreciated for him to actually address it instead of just doing an act, it seems like his angle was just about how much it has affected him. Not that it's something that can't be talked about, it's certainly very interesting to hear how life has been for him as a shamed wankbeast, but I think people would want self-reflection as the main course.

This reminds me a bit of that South Park episode where Randy tries to repent for saying the n-word.

BeardFaceMan

#metoo has been about effective as #blacklivesmatter in changing peoples minds, attitudes and behaviour. Whats going to be the next pointless hashtag that everyone can jump on to look woke while changing absolutely nothing about themselves? Because its always others that need to change, right? If youre woke that implies your learning and change is done, thats why I hate the word and the attitude behind it, I'd prefer 'waking' if shit descriptors have to be used. Clearly people dont give a fuck what Louie did or his attitude since being forced to own up, it looks like its going to be business as usual for him before long. The only interesting thing will be what happens when he does announced shows, what kind of protests there will be, but they wont make any difference, it'll be too late, the show will already be going ahead.

"So that guy who worked at McDonalds and sexually assaulted the women that worked there, had them threatened when they tried to speak up, some of them quit working there because of it, others had to turn down working there because of it, hes shown no real remorse or acknowledgement of what he did and how it affected others or himself or any other sign of guilt or wrongdoing or learning or growth? Yeah hes just been rehired after a little break. Oh yeah I know all that but I really like the way he flips burgers so I dont care."

rue the polywhirl

If you were to work for a McDonalds you'd agree to follow their code of conduct, or McCode of Conduct and a side order of other Rules and Regulations. Louis CK is his own boss and has dissimilar conduct to adhere to. A fairer comparison would be if it was Ronald McDonald or someone of that stature doing all that malarkey.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on October 13, 2018, 03:34:36 PM
If you were to work for a McDonalds you'd agree to follow their code of conduct, or McCode of Conduct and a side order of other Rules and Regulations. Louis CK is his own boss and has dissimilar conduct to adhere to. A fairer comparison would be if it was Ronald McDonald or someone of that stature doing all that malarkey.
#MeatOoh

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on October 13, 2018, 03:34:36 PM

A CEO who did what Louis did would be forced by the shareholders to resign.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on October 13, 2018, 05:04:25 PM
A CEO who did what Louis did would be forced by the shareholders to resign.

if it was causing them sufficient negative press that keeping them on would damage profits more than letting them go.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but shareholders have agreed to cover up wrongdoing far worse and far more far-reaching than what CK got up to.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 13, 2018, 05:15:51 PM
if it was causing them sufficient negative press that keeping them on would damage profits more than letting them go.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but shareholders have agreed to cover up wrongdoing far worse and far more far-reaching than what CK got up to.

Yeah sure, I was taking it as a given that the truth had come out. Otherwise why compare it to Louis' situation?

As an aside, I used to work at McDonalds and one of the (male) managers grabbed a female employee by the neck during an argument, causing her to quit as she feared for her safety and felt uncomfortable even being in the building after that. She reported it and a load of her coworkers submitted statements supporting the fact that the guy was a nutjob, but as the incident wasn't caught on camera and there were no witnesses, upper management refused to even look into it. Cunt still works there to this day, still bullying the staff, managers look the other way as there's not that many managers left cos its a shit place to work.

So basically, if the comedy thing doesn't work out, Louis can get a job at a McDonalds in Dublin no problem.

notjosh

Is it relevant that CK hasn't been accused of assaulting anyone in or around a comedy club? Of the four incidents, two were on TV sets, one was in a hotel room, and one was over a phone call. There were also those Laura Silverman stories which took place, as I recall, in a series of hotels.

I'm a bit undecided on the whole thing, but it's arguable that performing publicly in a comedy club is a much more appropriate place for him to work then holed away in a writers' room or production office with female colleagues.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: notjosh on October 13, 2018, 06:13:14 PM
Is it relevant that CK hasn't been accused of assaulting anyone in or around a comedy club? Of the four incidents, two were on TV sets, one was in a hotel room, and one was over a phone call. There were also those Laura Silverman stories which took place, as I recall, in a series of hotels.

I'm a bit undecided on the whole thing, but it's arguable that performing publicly in a comedy club is a much more appropriate place for him to work then holed away in a writers' room or production office with female colleagues.

No I do not think that's relevant at all.

Also, there were reported cases of him verbally being a scumbag to female comedians backstage at venues. I'm certain I read somewhere that he approached a woman before she was due to perform and told her "I'm going to fuck you after this." Can anyone confirm this?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: notjosh on October 13, 2018, 06:13:14 PM
Is it relevant that CK hasn't been accused of assaulting anyone in or around a comedy club? O7f the four incidents, two were on TV sets, one was in a hotel room, and one was over a phone call. There were also those Laura Silverman stories which took place, as I recall, in a series of hotels.

According to Jen Kirkman CK was verbally abusive to her in clubs, calling what he was saying sick (I think it was stuff like "im going to fuck you later", really creepy stuff). And she tried speaking out about it and got harassment in return, which is probably why she is one of the few female comedians to speak out about it, because in general male comedians are supportive of Louis and dont feel he did much, if anything, wrong. If someone else spoke out about it, they would probably get a load of shit too

Thursday

She'd suggested that stuff about him, at the same time the wanking rumours came out, I think. So it was very awkward for her, because people then assumed she was one of the people he'd masturbated in front of, so she sort of had to deny that part even though she must have been sure the allegations were true.

BeardFaceMan

She did a twitter thread a month or two ago where she went into more detail, the kind of things he said to her, knowing about the rumours, having to turn down a lucrative spot opening for him on a standup tour because she was afraid of his behaviour, the abuse and harassment she received for coming forward, the lack of support from other male comics etc. It's about a lot more than wanking.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 13, 2018, 06:17:24 PM
No I do not think that's relevant at all.

Also, there were reported cases of him verbally being a scumbag to female comedians backstage at venues. I'm certain I read somewhere that he approached a woman before she was due to perform and told her "I'm going to fuck you after this." Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah, according to this Vox article the following happened:  One of those, he said, included a time in 2014 when "C.K. had come up to [his friend] at a comedy club, grabbed her by the back of the neck, leaned into her ear, and said 'I'm going to fuck you.'" https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/11/9/16629400/louis-ck-allegations-masturbation

Thursday

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 13, 2018, 07:31:48 PM
She did a twitter thread a month or two ago where she went into more detail, the kind of things he said to her, knowing about the rumours, having to turn down a lucrative spot opening for him on a standup tour because she was afraid of his behaviour, the abuse and harassment she received for coming forward, the lack of support from other male comics etc. It's about a lot more than wanking.

Oh sure absolutely, I just meant the first time she brought it up years ago.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Thursday on October 13, 2018, 08:57:50 PM
Oh sure absolutely, I just meant the first time she brought it up years ago.

I think the thing that hurt her back then was that she didnt name him, although she described him in such detail there was no wondering who it was, especially with the rumours. So she did name him but didnt name him and hinted at abuse but denied some specific abuses, it didnt really make much sense at the time.

Maow

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 13, 2018, 06:23:50 PM
According to Jen Kirkman CK was verbally abusive to her in clubs, calling what he was saying sick (I think it was stuff like "im going to fuck you later", really creepy stuff).

I don't think Kirkman has ever been specific about what CK said, besides that it was "sick stuff" (link) and that it made her reluctant to go on tour with him. The "I'm going to fuck you" thing comes from a 2015 Gawker article (link); Dave Anthony also tweeted something similar (link).

nedthemumbler

Has anyone revisited the TV series recently.  Only 3 episodes in but it is full of hints as to his habits and fantasies eg extended flashback to a girl in his childhood telling him to 'whip it out'.

Barry Admin

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 13, 2018, 07:31:48 PM

Here it is: https://mobile.twitter.com/JenKirkman/status/1035054249602899970

Replies From View

It's somewhat tragic that we never tend to call wankbeast shenanigans "wanknanigans".

bollocks

ffs, it's not really about if he can perform again or not - of course he can.

the metoo stuff isn't about outing men for their specific misdeeds, it's about creating a culture where women feel they can speak out without being judged.

Brundle-Fly

I still can't get my head around what kicks you'd get out of wanking in front of your work colleagues. I bet he is able to take a shit with the cubicle door open too.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on October 14, 2018, 04:37:34 PM
I still can't get my head around what kicks you'd get out of wanking in front of your work colleagues. I bet he is able to take a shit with the cubicle door open too.

Do you think if he farted as he came he said "excuse me"? It would make me like him again.

Small Man Big Horse

Bronzy