Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:38:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Louis CK returns to comedy after wankbeast shenanigans [split topic]

Started by up_the_hampipe, August 28, 2018, 08:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Get a job at the bar and whenever someone asks for a drink pretend to not hear them properly and ask them what they wanted in an exaggerated loud voice.

A PINT OF WHAT? WANKBEAST? WASSAT AN ALE?

WANKBEAST AND COKE? DON'T THINK WE HAVE THAT.

HERE MATT DO WE DO WANKBEAST NUTS?

Garam

Louis CK falling from being lauded as a genius by the glitterati to performing Loueh Live n Lewd Int'Leeds is very funny.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 14, 2019, 03:55:31 PM
If he dropped in at a comedy club unannounced, you were strongly against ever seeing him perform again and hated what he had to say and his existence in general, I'd get why you would heckle. Seems like a bad idea to pay to see him specifically and heckle though.

Well yeah, thinking about it you are right, I hate hecklers and it would be a shitty thing to do in those circumstances. Plus it's £32, and there's only about ten comedians I'd pay that much to see who I actually like, and I'd never spend it on someone I no longer do.

grassbath

I live in Leeds and someone on my social media is calling for people to email the club to protest, and also encouraging people to boycott the club entirely. Well, I've bought my ticket. Even as a critic of his behaviour and material since the scandal, I'm not passing up an opportunity to see formerly one of the most acclaimed standups in the US literally down the road from me, I don't care if he's been #CANCELLED or not. At the very least it will be a very interesting experience. Plus I feel compelled to do exactly the opposite of what this sanctimonious arsehole on Facebook is telling me to.

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: grassbath on May 14, 2019, 11:49:34 PM
I live in Leeds and someone on my social media is calling for people to email the club to protest, and also encouraging people to boycott the club entirely. Well, I've bought my ticket. Even as a critic of his behaviour and material since the scandal, I'm not passing up an opportunity to see formerly one of the most acclaimed standups in the US literally down the road from me, I don't care if he's been #CANCELLED or not. At the very least it will be a very interesting experience. Plus I feel compelled to do exactly the opposite of what this sanctimonious arsehole on Facebook is telling me to.

I myself get a buzz when my actual opinions are totally opposite to the CAB consensus. Not that I think you're all arseholes.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: grassbath on May 14, 2019, 11:49:34 PM

Good for you... I'm so tired of the masses picking on him when there's war, disease, etc etc... There should be something for everyone, and no one should decide for everyone else what they can or cannot see. Then again, in the US, it seems like the only ones who support the 1st Amendment are those who are on the non-buttered side of the bread.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: MortSahlFan on May 15, 2019, 12:46:53 AM
Then again, in the US, it seems like the only ones who support the 1st Amendment are those who are on the non-buttered side of the bread.

Chollis

surely best heckle would be to just to stand up and start wanking right at him

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: Chollis on May 15, 2019, 12:59:41 AM
surely best heckle would be to just to stand up and start wanking right at him

you and 10 million other internet posters with this same tiresome gag.

Shaky

Quote from: MortSahlFan on May 15, 2019, 12:46:53 AM
Good for you... I'm so tired of the masses picking on him when there's war, disease, etc etc... There should be something for everyone, and no one should decide for everyone else what they can or cannot see.

It's hard to position CK as a victim or agree with your second point when he's working pretty consistently again and still has a strong, vocal fanbase. The criticism you're weary of hasn't altered the fact he's out there doing what he loves while some of the women have been struggling to move forward. Doesn't sound like a very balanced trade to me - or any sort of indication that the big 'ol nasty PC squad are curbing our beloved entertainment -  so Louis and his more apologist fans should really suck it up at this stage. He's getting to do what he wants, people can still see him, and those who are still uncomfortable can make their feelings known.

It's also a bit odd to take a right of centre view of other matters but then say, "Ah, but don't focus on the individual and his responsibilities!" about this guy. It entirely falls on him, and that's got fuck all to do with other issues like war and disease.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Terryfuckwit on May 14, 2019, 11:59:03 PM
I myself get a buzz when my actual opinions are totally opposite to the CAB consensus.

Desolation.

Sin Agog

That's kind of rude after we all took precious time out of our busy lives just to come up with that consensus.

jobotic

I myself get a buzz when my actual opinions are totally opposite to the CAB consensus. Not that I think you're all arseholes.

I salute your bravery.

Jumblegraws

Terryfuckwit

like has happened now. you're all intoxicated by mutual agreement.

bloody crackers you lot.

alan nagsworth

It must be so galling to see so many people so vehemently opposed to sexual abuse in the workplace. What scoundrels we are. You really don't deserve this sort of subjugation.

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 15, 2019, 09:35:21 AM
It must be so galling to see so many people so vehemently opposed to sexual abuse in the workplace. What scoundrels we are. You really don't deserve this sort of subjugation.

yeah yeah, read the thread. This has been argued over and over

and I dont agree with that in the work place!

Mr Faineant

Quote from: Shaky on May 15, 2019, 03:44:01 AM
while some of the women have been struggling to move forward. Doesn't sound like a very balanced trade to me

Who has struggled to move forward, and what does that mean exactly? Do you mean they are struggling in their careers since? Or do you mean they are suffering some sort of ptsd?

I'm not sure what you are referring to about a balanced trade? Do you mean that some of his audience and success should be redistributed to the women?

I agree with most of what you said, by the way, he certainly seems to be doing just fine, people who want to can still see him, and people who don't can still complain about him.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Terryfuckwit on May 15, 2019, 10:10:54 AM
yeah yeah, read the thread. This has been argued over and over

and I dont agree with that in the work place!

You don't believe that the arts are a paying job to some people? Or that the careers of at least a handful of people were stunted or even halted entirely due to the harassment of one other person in that environment?

Quote from: Terryfuckwit on May 15, 2019, 01:59:57 AM
you and 10 million other internet posters with this same tiresome gag.

But if all of those people clubbed together it would really be something

Sin Agog

You know when Grant Morrison got his entire readership to engage in a cosmic communal wank in a last-ditch RealMagik ceremony to stop The Invisibles from getting cancelled?  If I'm ever caught being a wankbeast, I will softly explain that 'I'm wanking for The Invisibles,' swivel about on my heels, and walk away with dignified mien.

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 15, 2019, 10:27:21 AM
You don't believe that the arts are a paying job to some people? Or that the careers of at least a handful of people were stunted or even halted entirely due to the harassment of one other person in that environment?

Youve misread, I was doing The Office

Ornlu

Well. I just got an e-mail from SeeTickets saying the Weds 22nd date has been cancelled 'and will not be rescheduled'. Can't see any confirmation of this online though.

chveik

Ornlu

I'm not. He's my favourite living comedian. And now I've wasted money on advance train tickets.