Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Louis CK returns to comedy after wankbeast shenanigans [split topic]

Started by up_the_hampipe, August 28, 2018, 08:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 15, 2019, 06:40:02 PM
But Louis CK isn't really a jerkbeast anymore so it would be like visiting South Africa after they stopped being apartheid.

Only if the National Party were still in power and saying that apartheid was no big deal anyway.

a peepee tipi

MSF, I'm of the Dave Anthony mindset that the US will be a better place when your presumed lot is too dementia fucked to contribute in any capacity

Quote from: Terryfuckwit on May 15, 2019, 10:30:00 PM
He's still funny and I don't think what he did was so heinous  which is why I wanted to go and why my disappointment is so enjoyable for youse
He "apologized" to one woman for shoving her into a bathroom only for her to say that wasn't her, she was just one of his masturbatargets instead. You know, if the sexual assault wasn't heinous enough to you. But hey, don't think anything's stopped you cunts from showing how fucking abominable you are (and how pleased you are about it) before

Bronzy

Let's be honest, the real reason he's getting so much hate is because he's ginger

Coppercab called it years ago

Terryfuckwit

What can I say? Fake the outrage? I don't think what he did is enough for me to not follow his career anymore.

Sin Agog

Keep casting that line.  You'll catch something eventually.

Cuellar

I myself get a buzz when wankbeasts cancel their shows and people don't get a chance to see them.

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: Cuellar on May 16, 2019, 10:27:32 AM
I myself get a buzz when wankbeasts cancel their shows and people don't get a chance to see them.

I am aware my disappointment is a great source of pleasure for others. I'm like a martyr

Quote from: Cuellar on May 16, 2019, 10:27:32 AM

Haha, love it

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Terryfuckwit on May 16, 2019, 10:21:29 AM
What can I say? Fake the outrage?

That's one way of approaching it. Or you go could go the more human route if not being such a discompassionate arsehole.

madhair60

PlanktonSideburns

Terryfuckwit

That statement works just as well for people on the 'correct' side of the argument

Mr Faineant

I find the polarity of opinion here quite interesting, and it makes me wonder if I'm some sort of Hitler, because the issue isn't as morally clear to me as it seems to be for some of you. I shall now bore you senseless by documenting my thinking.

Is Lous CK still funny?
Yes.

Do I like laughing?
Yes.

Would going to see him support sexual misconduct?
Strictly no, but the ticket sales could be seen as something of a referendum.

Did he commit sexual misconduct?
I'm not sure, the facts aren't clear to me.

Did he wank in front of women?
Yes

Did he get their consent?
I think so, but not sure.

Given his status, is that consent valid?
No, probably not.

Did he know that?
Surely he must have.

So did he think he had consent?
Probably not, then.

So did he commit misconduct?
Yes. He wasn't in a relationship with these women, so such direct sexual advances are inappropriate at best.

So is it appropriate to buy tickets to his shows?
I think so. It isn't supporting his behavior.

Is comedy his job?
Yes?

Should his actions prevent him from working?
I don't think so.

Really? If a wankbeast applied for a job in your office, would you want to share a cubicle with him?
I don't think so. But but I'm scared of all beasts so the question might be leading.

So, should his actions prevent him from working?
Fuck, I don't know.

Would you but tickets to his show?
I don't know any more. Probably.

Go fuck yourself then.
Fair enough.

bgmnts

Mr Faineant

I mean, they aren't funny and they complain about eeeeeverything, so who can blame me?

up_the_hampipe

Uh-oh, Faineant. The virtue signal has gone up and alan is on his way to shut you down!

Quote from: Mr Faineant on May 16, 2019, 05:37:28 PM
it makes me wonder if I'm some sort of Hitler, because the issue isn't as morally clear to me as it seems to be for some of you.

Yes.  No-one was better known for their perception of degrees of moral nuance and ambiguity.

alan nagsworth

"I just don't think people should be wanked at without consent in their living rooms. That's where you have Christmas."

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 16, 2019, 06:27:55 PM
"I just don't think people should be wanked at without consent in their living rooms. That's where you have Christmas."

Thank god my cat died. He'd have enough stories to ruin me.

Someone wanking at someone should only be an issue if they have an issue - all over the person wanked at.

Mr Faineant

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on May 16, 2019, 06:35:47 PM
Someone wanking at someone should only be an issue if they have an issue - all over the person wanked at.

It should only be an issue if they don't have a tissue.

alan nagsworth

If you don't have a tissue then pray to god they miss you

mr. logic

The New York Times article is, by virtue of their careful reporting I imagine, quite vague in the actual events as they happened. For example, it mentions the two comedians in the hotel room being propositioned, and then sorts of skips to them leaving when he finishes. (They had initially thought he was joking, but then what happened?)

I too thought he had consent, and didn't go through with it when he was refused consent, but as I understand it from others, that isn't quite correct. The creepiest detail is when apologising he wrongly talked about shoving a woman into a bathroom (presumably because he had mixed up his victims). Was that ever investigated further? Suggests there's other troubling details out there.

Mr Faineant

Hmm. If he asked, and was told no, and did it anyway, that's disturbing, and changes the whole picture for me. That's criminal. If he is doing shove and tugs, then he becomes a violent criminal.

The NY Times account again:

QuoteIn 2002, a Chicago comedy duo, Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, landed their big break: a chance to perform at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colo. When Louis C.K. invited them to hang out in his hotel room for a nightcap after their late-night show, they did not think twice. The bars were closed and they wanted to celebrate. He was a comedian they admired. The women would be together. His intentions seemed collegial.

As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.

They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. "And then he really did it," Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. "He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating."

During Ms. Goodman and Ms. Wolov's surreal visit to Louis C.K.'s Aspen hotel room, they said they were holding onto each other, screaming and laughing in shock, as Louis C.K. masturbated in a chair. "We were paralyzed," Ms. Goodman said. After he ejaculated on his stomach, they said, they fled. He called after them: "He was like, 'Which one is Dana and which one is Julia?'" Ms. Goodman recalled.

Also wasn't there an account of him jerking off during a phone conversation without the consent of the other party?

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 16, 2019, 08:06:30 PM
Also wasn't there an account of him jerking off during a phone conversation without the consent of the other party?

Yes