Author Topic: Louis CK returns to comedy after wankbeast shenanigans [split topic]  (Read 47731 times)

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
Re: Louis CK returns to comedy after wankbeast shenanigans [split topic]
« Reply #810 on: May 15, 2019, 02:11:49 PM »
Well now we know once and for all that routinely pulling things out will eventually lead to pulling out of routines.

« Reply #811 on: May 15, 2019, 02:13:39 PM »
I'm not. He's my favourite living comedian. And now I've wasted money on advance train tickets.

I just canceled my train tickets, though annoyingly there's a £10 charge and I have to send the fuckers back, now!

Oh well... maybe we can take some sort of solace in this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_-1l_SlA7c

alan nagsworth

• meat suite marathon!
« Reply #812 on: May 15, 2019, 02:15:37 PM »
Lol boo hoo

« Reply #813 on: May 15, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
Toby Jones should feel like a prick. 'weeks of deliberation' and then cancels 2 days in.

« Reply #815 on: May 15, 2019, 04:24:13 PM »
No sympathy for anyone who's lost out on this tbh.

Imagine knowing someone is an actual danger to their work colleagues and thinking "I'm going to support his continued employment"

up_the_hampipe

• Crowd appeaser
« Reply #816 on: May 15, 2019, 04:27:03 PM »

Imagine knowing someone is an actual danger to their work colleagues and thinking "I'm going to support his continued employment"

Danger! Danger! High wankage!

« Reply #817 on: May 15, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »
His management must've read this thread.

« Reply #818 on: May 15, 2019, 04:31:07 PM »
Wouldn't it be better for a group of protestors to turn up with air horns and let them off before every punchline?

« Reply #819 on: May 15, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »

Hahaha

« Reply #820 on: May 15, 2019, 04:34:33 PM »
Wouldn't it be better for a group of protestors to turn up with air horns and let them off before every punchline?

Or just before every punchline make cum noises.

Cuellar

• Push off my wire

grassbath

• In love we're all the same
« Reply #822 on: May 15, 2019, 05:45:37 PM »

For me at least, it's not about supporting his continued employment. It's about the opportunity for a first hand experience and making my own mind up how I feel about something.

NoSleep

• feat. Keith Jarrett and his singing parrot
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #823 on: May 15, 2019, 05:49:48 PM »
What's there to decide?

grassbath

« Reply #824 on: May 15, 2019, 05:52:03 PM »
Whether his comedy is still any good.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #825 on: May 15, 2019, 05:56:31 PM »
For me at least, it's not about supporting his continued employment. It's about the opportunity for a first hand experience and making my own mind up how I feel about something.

But didn't his abhorrent set which leaked in December give you the chance to do that?

Phoenix Lazarus

• Why bother writing stuff below your avatar?
« Reply #826 on: May 15, 2019, 05:59:57 PM »
There's something I really like about the phrase 'wankbeast.' but I can't quite get a handle on it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:14:14 PM by Phoenix Lazarus »

« Reply #827 on: May 15, 2019, 06:13:58 PM »
I mean he did ask for permission

You don't ask you don't get and all that

alan nagsworth

• meat suite marathon!
« Reply #828 on: May 15, 2019, 06:22:58 PM »
Whether his comedy is still any good.

So, what, you come out of the show having laughed a bunch of times and decide you’re gonna let him off the hook for multiple cases of sexual assault?

Or failing that, in the instance of just wanting to gauge it for yourself despite having no further interest in supporting him as an artist because he committed multiple cases of sexual assault, you want to ... uhh, basically go and see if this shamed writer is still writing decent material? But still supporting him as an artist and giving him the attention he desires in the process?

I find both sides of this morally questionable to say the least.

« Reply #829 on: May 15, 2019, 06:24:43 PM »
didn't he get consent from the other fully grown adults involved.

quite the development if that turns out to be entirely irrelevant!

« Reply #830 on: May 15, 2019, 06:27:37 PM »
didn't he get consent from the other fully grown adults involved.

why do people keep saying this

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #831 on: May 15, 2019, 06:34:19 PM »
So, what, you come out of the show having laughed a bunch of times and decide you’re gonna let him off the hook for multiple cases of sexual assault?

Or failing that, in the instance of just wanting to gauge it for yourself despite having no further interest in supporting him as an artist because he committed multiple cases of sexual assault, you want to ... uhh, basically go and see if this shamed writer is still writing decent material? But still supporting him as an artist and giving him the attention he desires in the process?

Like breaking a boycott of apartheid South Africa to see if their fruit tasted any good.

rue the polywhirl

• eight lives left
« Reply #832 on: May 15, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »
But Louis CK isn’t really a jerkbeast anymore so it would be like visiting South Africa after they stopped being apartheid.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #833 on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:20 PM »
He hasn't stopped being anything. He was rumbled and finally confessed after a long period of denial.

grassbath

« Reply #834 on: May 15, 2019, 06:49:32 PM »

More the second one. I'm interested in seeing a formerly highly acclaimed comedian post-fall from grace. Sorry - that's just how I feel about it. I don't feel that to admit that equates to a denigration of his victims, or coming out in support of sexual assault.

Sin Agog

« Reply #835 on: May 15, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »

Taking a moral stance on Louis C.K. is perfectly laudable and spiffy, but it's when we start to take a moral stance on other people's moral stances that we really start to leave terra firma.

chveik

• busting my creative balls
« Reply #836 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:17 PM »
Taking a moral stance on Louis C.K. is perfectly laudable and spiffy, but it's when we start to take a moral stance on other people's moral stances that we really start to leave terra firma.

why not? that's the reason of ethics's existence.

Sin Agog

« Reply #837 on: May 15, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »
Aside from the fact that it so often turns ostensibly similar and likeminded people into craven paranoiacs- see third act of Treasure of the Sierra Madre, except with a cast of thousands- it also casts shade on anyone not responding the same way as you, as if they've osmosed some of Louis' guilt onto themselves.  This is not a healthy way of interacting with one another.  Giving people post-mortems while they're still alive to find every possible way they're different than us, rather than the things we have in common.

« Reply #839 on: May 15, 2019, 10:30:00 PM »
He's still funny and I don't think what he did was so heinous  which is why I wanted to go and why my disappointment is so enjoyable for youse