Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:40:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What’s the Fucking Point?

Started by hummingofevil, August 30, 2018, 01:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Its the biggest taboo going for someone who moderately engages in music to be disinterested in music. But I've reached that point in my life. I find music not dull or amazing but... pointless. It doesn't resonate anymore. I remember crying to My Father's House, wanting to punch duck out of things to Nub and an urge to clean my windows to Neon Lights.

I thought I was done with tunes. But heard It's A Sin tonight on pub jukebox; obviously heard it dozens of times before but NOW I GET IT - FUCKING PUNK ROCK AS FUCK.

What other songs that are hiding in plane-sight do think can convince me music is not a redundant form?

hummingofevil

Richard Dawson. That what I mean. I'm listening to him. Used to make me cry my eyes out. I'm dead inside. Stilll love it but you know. Nothing. Dead.

Lemming

Call Me by Blondie, it's the only properly good song ever

hummingofevil

I've found my pre-amp for my nice headphones. Blasties as fuck. Here you go. https://youtu.be/IH3aQJj119Y I'm miserabke but this shit making me very happy.

SpiderChrist

PaulTMA

I think you need to throw those curtains wide

BlodwynPig

Too much headphones, not enough music was a harsh lesson I learned a few years ago. Flogged all my great gear and learned to enjoy music on my car stereo again and now I fuckin love it all over. Enjoyed music more this past few years than I did in the previous five of rolling tubes and choosing the right IEMs for each individual song and all that shit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Can't play The Boss on headphone speakers, The Boss has to be punched into everyone's faces through an old fashioned speaker system - bone shaking, public order offence. The Boss

Hey look there's someone not enjoying The Boss - ADD MORE BOSS