Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Eminem - Kamikaze

Started by up_the_hampipe, August 31, 2018, 09:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Malcy on September 04, 2018, 07:14:29 PM
Video for 'Fall'

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MfTbHITdhEI

Phone constantly going off at the start is a pain in the arse though.

So he steps on his last album at the end there. Does he hate it or not? He seems to be angry that people hated it, but doesn't seem to like it himself.

Malcy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 04, 2018, 07:46:20 PM
So he steps on his last album at the end there. Does he hate it or not? He seems to be angry that people hated it, but doesn't seem to like it himself.

Yeah he seems to be mad that people didn't like it and goes as far to diss people who didn't like it rather than accept that that was the majority opinion and just move on and go back to making consistently decent music.

Clownbaby

Part of me is wondering if he does actually realise Revival is fucking shit and that's why he came out so quickly with another album, but out of pride decides to hit back at the people who also thought it was shit to hide the fact that Revival turned out unintentionally shit. If this is the case then he's never going to fully sharpen up his act, because he's still not being totally uninhibited. I don't know though

leighhart

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 04, 2018, 10:26:45 AM
This seems like a mistake.

not really, it was a pretty decent diss, nearly every thing he said was on point

leighhart

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 04, 2018, 07:46:20 PM

if he doesnt hate it he may as well hang up the mic, it was fucking abysmal at best. The problem is since hes so far removed from the ordinary person he cant tolerate other people slating it
Joe Buddens right

leighhart

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 02, 2018, 05:37:04 PM
Also, Tyler's last album is better than anything Eminem has put out since The Eminem Show.

no

leighhart

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 31, 2018, 03:18:12 PM
I second Relapse. He doesn't seem too fond of it himself but I think it's mint. It has a running sound and theme throughout, flows well, nice production, very funny, very spooky, makes a great Halloween album.

seconded

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: leighhart on September 07, 2018, 10:47:33 AM
not really, it was a pretty decent diss, nearly every thing he said was on point

Yeah, it's not a bad diss track. But there is undoubtedly a huge chasm of talent between them. Say what you want about the quality of Eminem's music these days, but he can fucking bring it when he needs to.

Also I side with Eminem because MGK seems like a punk and saying that shit about his (at the time underage) daughter, ya need a slap.

Clownbaby

If I'm being totally honest, the whole beef and diss thing in hip hop tends to grate on me. With this whole MGK thing, even if MGK's diss track was absolutely brilliant, completely watertight, and an iconic banger, I'd still not be arsed really because I like Eminem. Even at the shittest points of Eminem's career he still had some kind of presence (to me anyway) that makes him infinitely more interesting than many other rap personalities. MGK seems like a wally so in theory he shouldn't be hard to frighten if you're Eminem so I hope he brings it, if he does decide to.

Clownbaby

Die Antwoord responded

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F3YThskYdq0

Anyone else find the Die Antwoord line on Revival a bit vague? A lot of people don't seem to be sure if it's a shoutout or a diss, inclusive Die Antwoord, who seemed to be more bothered that he didn't pronounce their name right than about what else he said.

Custard

Die Antwoord couldn't save Chappie, so they are dead to me

up_the_hampipe

First part of Eminem's interview with Sway about the album here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqh3zNhC5Kg

I wish he wasn't so hard on Relapse. Seems to think fondly of Recovery though, which was his worst album of all. Even Revival had more high spots than that.

Malcy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 12, 2018, 01:15:17 PM
First part of Eminem's interview with Sway about the album here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqh3zNhC5Kg

I wish he wasn't so hard on Relapse. Seems to think fondly of Recovery though, which was his worst album of all. Even Revival had more high spots than that.

Cliffhanger ending. This beef is pure shite. Everyone talking about it rather than replying apart from MGK. And it seems that Bizarre will have an MGK diss out before Em.

Malcy

From watching part 2 i get the impression that Eminem is just a bit grumpy and bitter that Slaughterhouse didn't take off like he hoped. He obviously is biased in his opinion of thinking they are 'one of the best rap groups ever'. Just because he thinks that does he believe everyone should?

Instead of moaning about people not liking output, why doesn't he just move on and work harder? It's good that he's speaking out but he just comes across as a massive whinge.

Looking forward to part 3 to hear about Dre's input on the album.

Ja'moke

Slaughterhouse had a lot of the same problems that modern Eminem has, all the technical skill with none of the musicality.

I like these interviews though, it's rare that he speaks so openly in segments like this, usually he answers sarcastically or just jokes around.

Malcy

Part 3 is more of Eminem venting and not really saying much. He's released a video for another Kamikaze track as well.

I feel like Sway doesn't agree with a lot he's saying but doesn't really challenge him on anything.

up_the_hampipe

I guess my reading of the Tyler diss wasn't correct. He essentially admits he got angry and called him that to hurt him. That's disappointing. Eminem has always been skilled enough to dissect people, but his emotions tend to take the drivers seat. That could make for some really exciting tracks over the years, but then you have instances like this.

Ja'moke

Yeah, I didn't agree with him using the word, but I also thought the use of it was because Tyler used it himself and Em was kinda having his cake and eating it too. But nope, he admitted that he used that word to hurt him. Not cool.

I like that Sway backed Tyler up and Eminem seemed to back down after a while. But I do get now why Em felt like he needed to diss them. He hung out with them, took them on tour (they supported Eminem at the Wembley show I went to a few years back) and believed there was some mutual respect. And then for Tyler and Earl to go on social media and rip him apart, several times in Tyler's case, I could see that getting to Em, to the point where he's like, "I can't just let this slide".

Malcy

Ja'moke

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Malcy on September 14, 2018, 08:43:27 PM
Killshot (MGK Diss)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FxQTY-W6GIo

Good stuff, but MGK didn't deserve his own track. I guess he felt the pressure of people telling him to respond or he's lost.

Malcy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 14, 2018, 11:22:20 PM
Good stuff, but MGK didn't deserve his own track. I guess he felt the pressure of people telling him to respond or he's lost.

From what I've seen on various hip hop boards the general consensus seems to be that he's already lost.

I wonder what the thing that Dre said was a step too far was. Surely accusing Diddy of ordering the murder of Tupac is just that

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Malcy on September 14, 2018, 11:24:53 PM
From what I've seen on various hip hop boards the general consensus seems to be that he's already lost.

What hip hop boards are you looking at? I've seen the consensus that MGK did a (surprisingly) good job but he's playing with fire. And there we are.

up_the_hampipe

Fantano review https://youtu.be/0fEjXfcTChg

Nice to see him excited about Eminem again, and he seems to have a fairly accurate take on MGK.

Bazooka

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 14, 2018, 11:35:34 PM
Fantano review https://youtu.be/0fEjXfcTChg

Nice to see him excited about Eminem again, and he seems to have a fairly accurate take on MGK.

Please do not leave traces of Anthony Fantano on this forum, thank you sir, I will call the cleaner.

Nowhere Man

This MGK (a literal who cares rapper) diss controversy thingy seems to have been the best thing to happen for Eminem from a PR point of view in a long while. I notice his response 'Killshot' already has a whopping 27 millions views in what, a little over 12 hours ago? That's fucking astonishing.

I bet he's secretly thanking MGK for taking the attention away off the negative feedback Kamikaze's been getting.

alan nagsworth

Cute that people are still like "bad words aside, he still had the right to defend himself though!!" about the Tyler shit even after Mathers himself admits what he said was over the line. What a world.

Malcy

Almost gave up while watching the last part of the interview last night. He's became such a fucking moan. Annoyed that Norah Jones won the Grammy instead of him years ago and hw had never heard of her and apparently no one he knows had heard of her either. Talks such shite and gets so wound up when things don't go his way.

The interview was interesting but it's put me right off him. Sway looked like he was fighting the urge to yawn be the end. He wasn't the only one.

Ja'moke

Quote from: alan nagsworth on September 15, 2018, 09:55:39 AM
Cute that people are still like "bad words aside, he still had the right to defend himself though!!" about the Tyler shit even after Mathers himself admits what he said was over the line. What a world.

Huh. Eminem said the thing too. Admitted that using the word "faggot" might have went too far, but explained why he felt he had to defend himself based on the shit Tyler had been talking for the past few years.

Malcy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 14, 2018, 11:28:41 PM
What hip hop boards are you looking at? I've seen the consensus that MGK did a (surprisingly) good job but he's playing with fire. And there we are.

Mainly The Coli & Boxden. Admittedly I don't like the majority of the posters on there. Lot of racist homophobic idiots who cream themselves over Drake and other such waste of space rappers new releases and don't really have a clue about what is good music.