Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:22:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The wankest film idea ever conceived? Danny Boyle's Ed Sheeran Beatles thing

Started by Thomas, August 31, 2018, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Quote from: Rizla on February 19, 2019, 11:11:37 AM
Doesn't count as Lennon and Macca wrote it specifically for the Stones.

See also: World Without Love and Step Inside Love. Not cover versions.

Wet Blanket

Although there aren't any official World Without Love and Step Inside Love Beatles releases whereas I Wanna Be Your Man did get fobbed off on Ringo at least.

kalowski

I hope it has a scene where he thinks he's going to make it big then hears Drive My Car playing in the lift a la Father Ted.

Noddy Tomkey

Quote from: Wet Blanket on February 19, 2019, 11:00:44 AM
Is the Stones version of I Wanna Be Your Man more well known than the Beatles one?

I've never heard the Stones' version, and Ringo's turn is a real highlight for me in the early work of the Beatles.

Mister Six

Quote from: kalowski on February 19, 2019, 12:00:53 PM
I hope it has a scene where he thinks he's going to make it big then hears Drive My Car playing in the lift a la Father Ted.

I hope the entire planet is playing an elaborate prank on the protagonist just to destroy his life, and it turns out the twist is that it's a world where nobody has heard of "The Gang Broke Dee" from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

olliebean

A better idea would have been if the protagonist found himself in a world where nobody had ever heard of Ed Sheeran or James Corden, and he just thought "Thank fuck for that" and got on with his life.

gilbertharding

Someone once made the observation that whenever Ed Sheeran is photographed with another musician, he always has a look about him which suggests he's the Lucky Winner of some kind of competition to be there:

Now I'm thinking THAT is a movie idea.

kidsick5000

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 20, 2019, 02:28:35 PM
Someone once made the observation that whenever Ed Sheeran is photographed with another musician, he always has a look about him which suggests he's the Lucky Winner of some kind of competition to be there:

Every time I see his sleeve tattoos, it makes me wonder if he's had the heart to tell his mum yet.
I can't think of a less tattoo-y person on the planet. I have this urge to tell him to wash it off

BlodwynPig

He's the musical equivalent of The independent Group.

Imagine he'll be soundtracking their first conference.

olliebean

I recognise Harry Stiles, Taylor Swift, and the kid from Goonies, but who the fuck is that in the third photo?

BlodwynPig

Crabwalk

mothman

Quote from: olliebean on February 20, 2019, 10:41:40 PM
I recognise Harry Stiles, Taylor Swift, and the kid from Goonies, but who the fuck is that in the third photo?

A female Ed Sheeran lookalike? I bet they fucked.

Replies From View

idunnosomename

Someone once made the observation that whenever Ed Sheeran is photographed with another musician, he always has a look about him which suggests he's the Lucky Winner of some kind of competition to be there

Isn't that basically what he is

gilbertharding

That's 'Scrambled Eggs' hitmaker um... no... sorry, it's gone.

EOLAN

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 21, 2019, 02:28:34 PM
That's 'Scrambled Eggs' hitmaker um... no... sorry, it's gone.

Hmm... must have been a really off-day for Kelsey Grammer in that case.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Rizla on February 19, 2019, 09:35:52 AM
I had the telly on the other day and there was an advert on that used "It's a Kinda Magic", immediately followed by an advert for "Flash". That is definitely what Freddie would've wanted for his life's work.

I think you're confusing Freddie Mercury with Ian MacKaye. Happens more often than you might expect.

St_Eddie

George Ezra.

biggytitbo

I still have no idea who Ed sheeran is. Is he just some ginger man who has his photo taken or does he really release music as I have never seen him sing or heard any of his songs. There is a discography on his Wikipedia page but he could have written that himself.

St_Eddie

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 23, 2019, 08:36:13 AM
There is a discography on his Wikipedia page but he could have written that himself.

A veritable sea of citation neededs.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 23, 2019, 08:36:13 AM
I still have no idea who Ed sheeran is. Is he just some ginger man who has his photo taken or does he really release music as I have never seen him sing or heard any of his songs. There is a discography on his Wikipedia page but he could have written that himself.

Mule of Kintyre 2004
Bellow Bummarine 2006
Dissolve Her (feat. Taylor Swift) 2012
Scabby Toad 2014
Sgt. Ginger's Fantastical Dysentry Machine 2016
Let it Fester 2019

Ferris

SteveDave

Richard Curtis must be beside himself that there's a non-white in the lead role.

Bad Ambassador

Yeah, but his name's Jack so it's really like he's just got a tan.

idunnosomename

this is getting an absurd amount of press from the BBC because its a boomer wet dream

greenman

Quote from: SteveDave on June 26, 2019, 10:03:20 AM
Richard Curtis must be beside himself that there's a non-white in the lead role.

Boyle nicked the idea from Curtis's much more tasteful story were knowledge of Michael Jackson vanishes...

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 26, 2019, 01:06:21 AM
Go on then, anyone seen this? Is it as bad as we all think?

I've had two opportunities to see this for free but still haven't bothered.