Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The wankest film idea ever conceived? Danny Boyle's Ed Sheeran Beatles thing

Started by Thomas, August 31, 2018, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

mothman

You could have a film where nobody remembers the Jews existed... oh, no, wait, that's Fatherland.

Replies From View

Icehaven

If this is remotely successful the sequel potential is worrying me now. World with no Rolling Stones starring Adele, world with no Bowie starring, I dunno, Florence and the Machine. 

Replies From View

World with no Pink Floyd where everyone the main character meets goes "Oh, you mean... 'drink a drink a drink to Lily the Pink a Pink a Pink' - you mean that" every single time he brings it up.

Replies From View

greenman

Quote from: Replies From View on September 06, 2018, 12:42:50 PM
World with no Pink Floyd where everyone the main character meets goes "Oh, you mean... 'drink a drink a drink to Lily the Pink a Pink a Pink' - you mean that" every single time he brings it up.

"He liked a bit of wine but I don't think you should speak ill of the dead like that"

BlodwynPig

Corden being the best thing in that trailer....aghhhhh aghhhhhhh aghhhhhhhhh (The Great Gig in the Sky)

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 02, 2018, 11:48:10 AM
Bilbo Baggins flies to Mars on a maroon mobility scooter and forgets the words to I am the Walrus

Don't know how I missed this first time around, but it really made me laugh.

Urinal Cake

A world without Wings is too much.

I can imagine somebody writing a book on the premise the world forgot about Shakespeare.

SteveDave

JAMES CORDEN! ED SHEERAN! RICHARD CURTIS! THIS FILM HAS HIT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!

Is this legit still going to happen then? It's genuinely one of the worst film ideas Ive ever heard of I reckon.

SteveDave

Fuckinell...this is from the Steve Hoffman forum thread on this film

QuoteAnything involving Richard Curtis is somewhere on the scale of good to utterly brilliant. This looks like it'll be a proper laugh.

Desolation

jobotic

SteveDave

Lads...from the wikipedia cast list

Paul McCartney as Himself
Ringo Starr as Himself

Ferris

Quote from: SteveDave on February 13, 2019, 11:43:24 AM

Ringo Starr as Himself

Who is playing the spinning corpses of John and George?

How does this reality work for the Travelling Wilburys/Wings/Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band? Is that material available for pinching also? What's Yoko up to without Lennon about?

Butchers Blind

SteveDave

biggytitbo

What a dog turd of an idea for an actual full length feature film, rather than a comic relief sketch.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: SteveDave on February 13, 2019, 11:43:24 AM

Ringo Starr as Himself

... having been assured that Pete Best wasn't going to be in it.

mothman

gilbertharding

Disappointing (for me, but more especially for the person who owns the blog) that the film isn't an adaptation of this:

https://www.thebeatlesneverexisted.com/

Wait a minute: that blog used to have dozens of pages. And now it's just a front page. Hmmm...

BlodwynPig