Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:56:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

If you could only eat one kind of cheese from now on

Started by Pingers, August 31, 2018, 06:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

On the face of it this seems like a tough question: a deep but tart Tomme de Savoie? A pungent, satisfying vintage Gouda? It's actually a piece of piss for me though - Stilton, innit.

I love Stilton so much that if I ate it mixed with dogshit, half of my brain would be going "Eurgh!! Dogshit!!" but the other half would be going "Yeah but mmmm, Stilton"

biggytitbo

Brie will be too expensive by Christmas, so i'd go with a really strong mature red leicester.

Blumf

Red Leicester here too. Bit more flare than Cheddar, but still usable in most situations.

Stilton and Västerbotten as close runners up.

canadagoose

Quote from: Pingers on August 31, 2018, 06:49:32 PM
I love Stilton so much that if I ate it mixed with dogshit, half of my brain would be going "Eurgh!! Dogshit!!" but the other half would be going "Yeah but mmmm, Stilton"
I bet Stilton and dogshit will be the most popular sandwich choice in the 2020s.

Icehaven

See I find this genuinely hard as my favourites are strong mouldy hard stuff like Stilton and the mild creamy soft ones like Brie. I'd struggle enormously to decide but probably go with Stilton as I could pass some shite cheesy spreads off as not cheese to satiate the soft mild side.

Clownbaby

St Agur if at the very moment I had to make the decision I was in a fancy prissy mood

If I wasn't in a fancy prissy mood I would just want a good cheddar forever

Bazooka

Love all the bastards, but as a Leicestershire lad, I'll go for my orange block of fat the red Leicester.

Cerys

I'd have to go with cheddar for it's all roundness or double Gloucester for it's yummy grilled quality.

Pingers

Quote from: icehaven on August 31, 2018, 07:13:13 PM
See I find this genuinely hard as my favourites are strong mouldy hard stuff like Stilton and the mild creamy soft ones like Brie. I'd struggle enormously to decide but probably go with Stilton as I could pass some shite cheesy spreads off as not cheese to satiate the soft mild side.

Morbier compromise?

Butchers Blind

I do enjoy a lot of the la-di-da cheeses but if you had to have only one cheese for the rest of your natural, you'd go with cheddar or red leicester.  All purpose kind of cheeses.

Cuellar

Mozzarella. Big fucking balls of it. On its own. Chomped into like apple.

mothman

It's a little known Italian artisan cheese, but I could survive with just Cruculo. But since we're going to end up blockaded like in 28 Days Later, with the Channel Tunnel dynamited by the French to stop the waves of starving English refugees, I guess I'll have to say Stilton. In principle, anyway, because there won't be any of that either.

seepage

either Baron Bigod (sort of super-charged Brie - like Brie de Melun) or Admiral Collingwood

honourable runners-up:
Wigmore
Riccolo

Shit Good Nose

One of the English blues, but a tough choice.  Something a bit more complex and less salty than Stilton...my chrimbo go-tos are Shropshire and Cornish.  Alex James' Blue Monday is fucking excellent, but starts to rot the minute you cut into it.

On the other hand those artisan Caerphilly cheddars are something else.

Fuck it - Babybel.

wosl

seepage

I like strong, "industrial" cheddar cooked in things or melted, but not 'artisanal' versions - I find them too 'rindy' or moldy-tasting. Same with Red Leicester - there's that posh version - Sparkenhoe - but it tastes completely off as soon as I've bought it

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 31, 2018, 06:54:12 PM
i'd go with a really strong mature red leicester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48qmN4QWgQs

As much as I'd miss blue cheeses, it's Cheddar for me - extra mature and crunchy. Good on its own, for Welsh rarebit, for pasta dishes, with onion or chutney or HP sauce in one of those double bread-slice snacks...

Bhazor

Parmesan. I use that stinky shit the way boring cunts use pepper.

Cerys

Quote from: icehaven on August 31, 2018, 07:47:17 PM
Quote from: Cerys on August 31, 2018, 07:33:23 PM
Bavarian Smoked.  Want.

Awww, yeah.

But then - White Stilton with Garlic and Mushrooms.  I - am salivating as I type this.

im barry bethel

Take a 2 quid camembert and shove it in the oven for half an hour, pop a straw in and you're done

Captain Crunch

Last year I was lucky enough to visit the Wensleydale factory where they have this amazing tasting room:

Bishopdale was my favourite – deep and creamy and uncommonly good. 

They also have a cheese restaurant, demos, viewing room and shop; it's a must. 

amnesiac

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 31, 2018, 07:28:39 PM
St Agur if at the very moment I had to make the decision I was in a fancy prissy mood

If I wasn't in a fancy prissy mood I would just want a good cheddar forever
I would ALSO go for St Agur but if I was being a basic bitch it'd be a crumbly cheshire which absolutely refuses to take part in sandwiches, in fact the only way i know how to eat it is holding the packet like that really really famous photo of the very very fat american eating a whole block of cheddar.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Captain Crunch on August 31, 2018, 11:31:47 PM
Last year I was lucky enough to visit the Wensleydale factory where they have this amazing tasting room:

Crikey. There was hardly anything in when I went there.

Dr Rock

Buelligan

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 31, 2018, 11:52:25 PM
I like that Quattro Formaggio.

I hope you sit in your Audi listening to le quattro stagioni whilst eating it.

bgmnts

I don't eat cheese anymore but it woupd always be Cheddar.

Curse the gutter blood that runs through my veins.