Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:41:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If you could only eat one kind of cheese from now on

Started by Pingers, August 31, 2018, 06:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Red leicester, for certain, but if Colby-Jack were on offer, I'd default to that.

jobotic

Neomod

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 31, 2018, 11:52:25 PM
I like that Quattro Formaggio.

Quote from: Buelligan on September 01, 2018, 12:02:14 AM
I hope you sit in your Audi listening to le quattro stagioni whilst eating it.

and drinking one of these.

I like red leicester but i'm surprised so many have gone for it, then again I've only ever tasted your average  supermarket brand. Any recommendations?

I'll go for a double whammy of two slovak cheeses as I can't choose between them. Parenica, a delicious smoked cheese served as a wrapped strip of loveliness and Niva, a pungent cheapo blue cheese.

salivating..

bgmnts

Quote from: Attila on September 01, 2018, 08:45:01 AM
Red leicester, for certain, but if Colby-Jack were on offer, I'd default to that.

Totally forgot about Red Leicester.

Mmm

thraxx

Comte.

It's a French cheese and a really strong cheddar. AT THE SAME TIME!

Blumf

Quote from: thraxx on September 01, 2018, 09:57:13 AM
Comte.

It's a French cheese and a really strong cheddar. AT THE SAME TIME!

It's a Gruyère, not a Cheddar, texture and taste is different. But it is a stonking cheese and well worth having on the list.

Bhazor

Red Leicester is king of cheese toasties.

Though I'm also getting a taste for brie with rind with caramalised onion on toast.

Sebastian Cobb

Pingers

Quote from: icehaven on August 31, 2018, 07:13:13 PM
See I find this genuinely hard as my favourites are strong mouldy hard stuff like Stilton and the mild creamy soft ones like Brie. I'd struggle enormously to decide but probably go with Stilton as I could pass some shite cheesy spreads off as not cheese to satiate the soft mild side.

I just had Montagnolo for the first time. Absolutely delicious and ticks both your boxes

Twed

God I want to say Stilton but I'm so scared that the real answer is actually St. Agur.

Gregory Torso

Cheese, eh? My, what a question! I can't claim to know much about any of the food I force into the unwilling holes of my body, I suppose I'm fairly slutty about that, but if I had to commit to a monogamous cheese partner, it would have be those unobtainable really sweaty looking, really bad, shiny bright orange blocks they used to put on cheeseboards in cookery books in the 1970s. Demonstration cheese, a fictitious bloom. Like a ball of just the Edam wax skin. Rolled up like an armadillo. Goat's egg yolk. Smells like two shepherds fucking. Hefty.
And as I struggle to grate this cleat of inedible noise against my angular and surprisingly sharp knuckle bones, tiny shards of it sticking in the lino like fallen stalactites, I'm thinking "this is who I chose. Of all cheeses, in all possible worlds, when I could have had anything, this is mine now." Mine, and I will eat it all even if it KILLS me.

pancreas

chveik

wooders1978

El presidente Camembert - dreading a no deal Brexit and el president decrees we're not getting no more 'bert

Bhazor

Which kind of fascist police state would limit someone to eat only one cheese in their life? The worst kind. Thats which.

Cuellar

BlodwynPig

Ghughesarch

Saint Agur is younger than me, so not a proper cheese. Dairylea, on the other hand, I grew up with, but it's only a cheese flavoured spread (made in the same factory as Philadelphia, fact fans!)
Never understood the appeal of Red Leicester. So it's got to be Stilton.
Unless leaving a really good crunchy Cheddar lying around would make that turn Stiltony? In which case I'd take that option and still have a post-cheese-apocalypse choice.

Bhazor

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 01, 2018, 09:56:57 PM
Brexit Brie.

That's a Babybel dipped in Tipp-Ex right?

Edit: Oh turns out Babybel is actually french. So the joke is now a Laughing Cow wheel dipped in Tipp-Ex.

Edit edit: So it turns out Tipp-Ex is a German company. So the joke is now a Laughing Cow wheel dipped in Dulux matte white.

Edit edit edit: So it turns out Laughing Cow is another French company. So the joke is now Dairylea wheel dipped in Dulux matte white.

Edit edit edit edit: So it turns out Dulux is owned by AkzoNobel a Netherlands based conglomerate. So the joke now reads Dairylea wheel dipped in actual candle wax.

Edit edit edit edit edit: So it turns out Dairylea is actually manufactured in Belgium. So the joke now reads tesco non branded cheese based snack wheel dipped in actual candle wax.

Neomod

Won't brexit Britain have a deal with the good ol' USA so that's a choice of two cheeses.

Yellow or Orange.

Gulftastic

Cheese and Onion crisps. All other forms of cheese are shit.

Blumf

mothman

Quote from: Bhazor on September 02, 2018, 01:42:20 PM
That's a Babybel dipped in Tipp-Ex right?

Edit: Oh turns out Babybel is actually french. So the joke is now a Laughing Cow wheel dipped in Tipp-Ex.

Edit edit: So it turns out Tipp-Ex is a German company. So the joke is now a Laughing Cow wheel dipped in Dulux matte white.

Edit edit edit: So it turns out Laughing Cow is another French company. So the joke is now Dairylea wheel dipped in Dulux matte white.

Edit edit edit edit: So it turns out Dulux is owned by AkzoNobel a Netherlands based conglomerate. So the joke now reads Dairylea wheel dipped in actual candle wax.

Edit edit edit edit edit: So it turns out Dairylea is actually manufactured in Belgium. So the joke now reads tesco non branded cheese based snack wheel dipped in actual candle wax.

You'll never get all that on the side of a bus, you know.

Sherringford Hovis

Neck-and-neck between Manchego and Cornish Yarg.

The former because its character and flavour changes three times as you age it. The latter because separate bits of its cross-section taste very different: sharp and hard around the edge close to the edible nettle-rind; soft and creamy in the middle.

Or a gallon aerosol tin of Easy Cheese bacon flavor. Without the "u".