Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Programs that let you use a controller on a pc

Started by BeardFaceMan, August 31, 2018, 08:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

I use Controller Companion, its pretty good generaly and you can customize it a lot but I've run into a problem. When you assign functions to the thumbsticks, you can only do it in batches ie wasd keys, or the arrow keys, or mouse movement. What I need is something that allows you to assign different functions for the different thumbstick directions. Any other good options out there?

St_Eddie

biggytitbo

BeardFaceMan

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 31, 2018, 09:53:18 PM
Steam let's you do this now too.

Really? That would come in handy, I didn't know you could do that, thought it would just be useful for the Steam controller if anything.  I'll still need something for non-Steam games though.

ETA actually, if I have a non-Steam game installed, could I use the 'add non-Steam game to library' thing to be able to use the Steam control pad config?

biggytitbo

Ahh I've not tried that, just a few old games I have on steam that don't support controllers can load a profile a user has made to make them work, Hitman contacts was one I tried which worked albeit was a bit wonky.

BeardFaceMan

Yeah thats what Controller Companion does, you can download profiles from the Steam Workshop, it's just not being able to customise single thumbstick directions thats letting me down with that.

BeardFaceMan

This Steam config thing is actually pretty in-depth, it's really good. Only downside would be that there don't seem to be as many community configs to download as there are with Controller Companion and the Steam Workshop. But I tried adding a non-Steam game to Steam and you can still right click on it and edit controller configuration so that's going to come in very handy with GOG games.