Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

X Factor 2018

Started by Clownbaby, September 01, 2018, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

First time in over a decade I've not watched one single minute of the show. Did I miss anything interesting?

It was a one horse race almost from week one of the shows. There hasn't been such dominance since the heady days of Leona Lewis. Who, surprisingly popped up to duet in the final. The show itself is dead. There was a real sense of contractual obligations and phoning it in. Roll on The Voice in January.

Rolf Lundgren

The ratings are on a downward slide but it's probably got a few more years left. It's turned into The Voice in that the winner doesn't matter, it's just a Saturday night entertainment show and don't expect to get a career out of it.

The bits I saw of this series were all dreadful. There's as much hype as there's ever been but with absolutely no enthusiasm behind it. The way Simon stands up and applauds every one of his acts after every song is a bad impression of a man giving a shit. The appointment of Ayda was the most unashamed piece of nepotism seen on British television since Chloe Madeley got a presenting job on Richard and Judy. They'll bring back Louis Walsh next year to rejuvenate it.