Author Topic: Watches  (Read 18185 times)

Re: Watches
« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2019, 05:19:02 PM »
Yeah, display back, I can see the thing I need to tweak.

Apparently there's some phone apps that can listen to the frequency of the tics to act as a guide.

a duncandisorderly

• the rough and tumble of the internet
« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2019, 05:21:41 PM »
Yeah, display back, I can see the thing I need to tweak.

Apparently there's some phone apps that can listen to the frequency of the tics to act as a guide.

I didn't know that, though I expect I should've. use of the 5s & ownership of smart things did not overlap, but I recently acquired a mickey mouse 5 for the mrs (she works for the evil empire) which needs a mech transplant, so that might be useful.

Twed

• What, prick? That's my child. My Johnson's child
« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2019, 06:14:45 PM »
How much does yours lose? I last set mine when the clocks changed (the wee small hours of Sunday?), and it’s reading 9:25 now at 9:25, which is better than I expected actually. Normally I tend to set it when it gets 2-3 minutes out of step, which works out at about once a week.
That matches the performance of my bashed around 5. It's accurate enough for my needs.

« Reply #483 on: November 09, 2019, 12:15:26 PM »

Yeah, definitely needs a bit of a tweak. The long one was when I took it off for a shower and forgot to put it on.

touchingcloth

• She is hot in the arse.
« Reply #484 on: November 12, 2019, 07:26:53 PM »
That matches the performance of my bashed around 5. It's accurate enough for my needs.

Mine is both losing and gaining time at the moment, but in a way that’s averaging out. I haven’t set it since my last post saying I had, and this morning I’m certain it was 30 seconds fast, but I’ve just watched my phone change minutes just under 10 seconds before the watch did.

touchingcloth

• She is hot in the arse.
« Reply #485 on: December 02, 2019, 11:25:40 PM »
Mine is both losing and gaining time at the moment, but in a way that’s averaging out. I haven’t set it since my last post saying I had, and this morning I’m certain it was 30 seconds fast, but I’ve just watched my phone change minutes just under 10 seconds before the watch did.

I didn’t set mine at all in November, and I wouldn’t have needed to have touched the crown yet but for last month having 30 days. 23:24 now and the watch is reading that too (though about 50 seconds slow) WHAT IS GOING ON IS MY WRISTS MAGIC

« Reply #486 on: December 02, 2019, 11:26:13 PM »
Did time exist before watches.

Danger Man

• TankTop BumBoy
« Reply #487 on: December 02, 2019, 11:36:53 PM »
No

« Reply #488 on: December 02, 2019, 11:42:04 PM »
Are you sure?