Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So what kind of shit can I do with a 3D projector?

Started by Z, September 01, 2018, 09:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z

So I've stumbled my way into an okayish short throw projector and have this ridiculous screen on my bedroom wall now. Apparently it's 3D compatible so I'm looking for recommendations for shit to do with that.

Got a PS3 so it should work with it for sure, been told MotorStorm 3D is amazing on it so I'll be getting on that and I've been holding off playing Child of Eden until I've a screen large enough for it so I'm super excited to play it on a big ass 3D screen.

What 3D films/documentaries are worth checking out?

Are laptops able to do 3D shit by default or would I need some video card something to do that? If not, what PC games can I play on it? Want either racing games or short immersive things.

Cuntbeaks

Yeah, i just used VLC, its the TV/Projector that does the 3D bit, basically.combining the two images.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

A bit old now maybe, but I played Portal in 3D and that was vertigo inducing even on a 22" monitor. I imagine seeing it across the wall would be mind blowing.

Z

Everything I look up about 3D gaming from PC seems to mention Nvidia or AMD, so I'm assuming my laptop's lack of either rules it out.

Outside of the 3D stuff, anyone got tips for how to frame the image? The image projects fine on my wall so I'm not gonna buy a screen (not that I've the space for one anyway) but when there's a lot of black around the edges of a shot it can be hard to tell where the screen ends on the wall. What could I use that could come off paint easily enough?

Sebastian Cobb