Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 13

Started by Small Man Big Horse, September 02, 2018, 12:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Quote from: neveragain on September 28, 2018, 08:00:09 PM
Could someone help me via PM? I'm having terrible trouble finding the eps this season. Please and thankyou.

I've been going on megasearch.co and just searching "always sunny" the day after a new ep comes out and they're usually there to download

Bhazor

I've informed the police. Yer goin' DAHHHHHHHHHHWNNNN you slag

selectivememory

Haha! I think that was the worst thing either Charlie or Mac have ever done (well, I guess tied with Charlie stalking the waitress for over a decade). Enjoyed Frank's plot a lot as well.

The episode was a mixed bag on the whole - I didn't like Dee channelling Dennis, which just felt a bit off, and Dennis's plot wasn't that interesting - but the way they tied up each plot at the end was pretty great.

up_the_hampipe

Towards the end that episode was making me laugh harder than I have in a while. Mac and Charlie pay-off, quickly followed by Dennis' "BE GONEEEE!!!" and the Rick Astley end sequence.

Magic.

Sebastian Cobb

Small Man Big Horse

Really enjoyed that, and last week's too, feels like the series is back on track now.

SteveDave

Yep Mac and Charlie battering the shit out of those kids made me laugh too much.

Sebastian Cobb

Charlie was alright at the old bmx as well eh?

BritishHobo

I kinda liked Dee doing Dennis - she's so much fun when she's just fucking furious.

SteveDave

Quote from: SteveDave on October 05, 2018, 11:21:37 AM
Yep Mac and Charlie battering the shit out of those kids made me laugh too much.

Although this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOvHOSY9vP4 is still the best fight scene I've seen in a sitcom.

H-O-W-L

That fight sequence made me choke. I can't believe it.

Small Man Big Horse

GQ have published an oral history of The Nightman Cometh - https://www.gq.com/story/the-nightman-cometh-oral-history - which I think is the first time I've read anything from GQ in about twenty years. Maybe more.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 06, 2018, 06:15:24 PM
GQ have published an oral history of The Nightman Cometh - https://www.gq.com/story/the-nightman-cometh-oral-history - which I think is the first time I've read anything from GQ in about twenty years. Maybe more.

Great read. The live version (https://youtu.be/5_JnWCwz0Ak) is one of the most joyous things I've ever seen.

AsparagusTrevor

The fight scene was the most I've laughed at anything in ages. Charlie screaming at the kid after beating the shit out of him, holy fuck!

Chollis

That was great, the fight scene is definitely the biggest laugh for me this season. Dennis flirting was brilliant too, "...i don't wanna fart right now".

Clownbaby

My favourite episode of this series so far, oh my god, I was cackling when Mac and Charlie attacked them kids. Just loved the whole episode. Glenn Howerton's dramatic intense acting when Dennis finds the car at the end, love it.

up_the_hampipe

I'm hoping "soy boy beta cuck" becomes a regular phrase throughout the season.

BritishHobo

Moribunderast

This week's was my favourite of the season, thus far. I seem to really enjoy the episodes where the gang are just debating an issue and taking digs at one another. Some of the random outbursts of violence and tempers flaring in this episode had me howling. As did the reveal of the soundtrack of screams in the bathroom.

selectivememory

Quote from: Moribunderast on October 11, 2018, 09:52:58 AM
This week's was my favourite of the season, thus far. I seem to really enjoy the episodes where the gang are just debating an issue and taking digs at one another. Some of the random outbursts of violence and tempers flaring in this episode had me howling. As did the reveal of the soundtrack of screams in the bathroom.

Yeah, that was great, and easily the best one so far this year for me. That's the kind of episode that they always nail.

Last week's had a great final five minutes or so, but otherwise I thought it was a very weak episode. That fight scene was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.

neveragain

Just caught up with these and agree with the general consensus that the last two were the best so far, particularly liked Wheels as it was a classic multi-plot edition.

No weak episodes though. A few dry patches in some of 'em yes, and thought the harassment seminar could have been tighter and funnier, but last season had some real stinkers so I'm glad with how it's going.

Nowhere Man

The last two episodes have been a million times more enjoyable then the first few, I hope next week's continues the lucky streak. I'm sure there's got to be a Cricket episode approaching.

neveragain

There was too much Cricket last season, for me anyway.

Sebastian Cobb

This weeks is a clip show. Disappointing.

Can someone watch it and report back if there's any new content? Cheers.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 18, 2018, 07:51:25 PM

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but there is some great new content and the whole clip-show angle isn't as straight-forward as you think.

remedial_gash

I too was disheartened to see the title, and the first 5 minutes were just a clip show. It's a danielle schneider (matt besser's wife) episode and she loves high concept stuff  - she did the old women sitcom one as well. In the end I loved it, but I won't spoil it because I think that may detract from the premise.

Small Man Big Horse

The first seven and a half minutes are just clips, but then they start changing the reality of it all so that we're shown things which didn't actually happen, so it is worth watching, there's a great Seinfeld parody especially.

Edit: Or what remedial_gash said.

Sebastian Cobb

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: remedial_gash on October 18, 2018, 08:03:28 PM
I too was disheartened to see the title, and the first 5 minutes were just a clip show. It's a danielle schneider (matt besser's wife) episode and she loves high concept stuff  - she did the old women sitcom one as well. In the end I loved it, but I won't spoil it because I think that may detract from the premise.

Danielle Schneider usually works with her writing partner, Dannah Phirman, as it is the case on this show. They also created the fake reality show The Hotwives (of Orlando and of Las Vegas). Phirman also voiced Avina, the Citadel V.I., on every Mass Effect main game, in addition to Gabby, the engineer on Normandy SR-2 who has the will they/won't they relationship with her teammate Kenneth on ME2 and ME3.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 18, 2018, 08:13:27 PM
The first seven and a half minutes are just clips, but then they start changing the reality of it all so that we're shown things which didn't actually happen, so it is worth watching, there's a great Seinfeld parody especially.

Edit: Or what remedial_gash said.

Didn't Community already do that?