Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:50:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Revisiting gta5 online

Started by wooders1978, September 03, 2018, 08:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooders1978

Dived back in this weekend - I'd forgotten just how superb their open world is - however - how the fuck is the online mode even popular let alone enormously successful? All the things that made it crap when they first started doing heists are still prevelant i.e. sitting in a lobby for hours waiting for that 4th player, getting most of the way through a heist and someone decides to leave therefore you all fail it? People joining then leaving just as game is starting just to troll a little bit - fucking annoying and I didn't get a single heist finished - am I doing it wrong!?

mobias

Its successful because it still has a surprisingly huge hardcore following of (mostly quite young) people who play it co-operateively. If there's four of you who all know each other and play regularly then heists are great fun. If you're a bunch of randoms then the whole thing is pretty pointless, beyond just mucking about.

Me and Kittens had a bit of a laugh playing it online for a little while last summer where I got a rare glimpse into how fun it is whenever you do get a nice little team of players together all mic'd up chatting. If you don't have that then I don't think its worth bothering with.

BeardFaceMan

Yeah I'd go with that. When online first started and all the CaB crew were getting to together on the xbox to play all mic'd up, it was fucking great. Playing solo is a bit of a nightmare, especially now that everyone is tooled up with tanks, flying cars and orbital weapons, freemode is just too much chaos to be fun for more than 10 minutes, its just a fancy lobby to use while you decide what job or activity to do.  Definitely a game where you need to play with people you know.

Barry Admin

I mostly enjoyed playing free mode solo, and grinding out the businesses. It's definitely different now, but you can lobby shop for quiet ones, or use certain tricks to get a solo lobby. Heists and such generally do require a party yeah, although every Tuesday certain activities have bonus rep and cash, so if you keep up on what those actually are, then that's where you'll get a game a lot easier. Those modes will be busier for that whole week as people grind them out.

I've got most of the stuff in the game, but still haven't finished all the heists. I preferred the businesses for making money and getting stuff bought.

The first heist requires only two people, so it's an easy one to grind. I think it's the same with the newer heists too.

Basically GTA is an example of accretion and is kind of a fucking mess at this point in time, but it can still be very enjoyable.

kilgore

What are you playing on, wooders? I've just got another PS4 and used to read the old thread with a lot of longing.