Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:06:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What next For Antman Movie?

Started by dwayne22, September 03, 2018, 03:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwayne22

They have build up Ant man movie around the ant man and his personal affairs, but now is 3rd part is going to be different? what do you guys think?

Dr Rock

Because of Infinity War? Ant-Man 3 has no release date, only 2019's Marvel movies will need to worry about the aftermath of part one of Avengers Infinity War before 2019's part 2 presumably undoes a lot of it. Spider-Man Far From Home for example is set before The Snap. Although everyone else here seemed to enjoy Ant-Man and The Wasp, I didn't, so if there are only so many movies Marvel can make in any year I'd rather they made movies about Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Fantastic Four or I suppose make an Ant-Man/Wasp movie I enjoy more.

mothman

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 03, 2018, 03:48:01 PM
Spider-Man Far From Home for example is set before The Snap.

Is that confirmed?

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: mothman on September 03, 2018, 04:18:09 PM
Is that confirmed?

Amy Pascal: "What I think we should focus on is this Spider-Man who started in Civil War and then has this movie, and then will be in the Avengers movie. And we are starting now the next one which will start a few minutes after Avengers 4 wraps as a story."

Blumf

That all sounds a bit of a mess, having stories out of release order like that.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on September 03, 2018, 04:39:23 PM
Amy Pascal: "What I think we should focus on is this Spider-Man who started in Civil War and then has this movie, and then will be in the Avengers movie. And we are starting now the next one which will start a few minutes after Avengers 4 wraps as a story."

Looks like I was wrong on that then.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Blumf on September 03, 2018, 04:47:56 PM
That all sounds a bit of a mess, having stories out of release order like that.

Avengers 4 is May, Spider-Man in July. So it can be set after what happens in Avengers 4, but I thought they were making it set before so it wasn't too obvious what was going to happen in  Avengers 4. Even though it's pretty obvious. I'm avoiding spoilers.

Phil_A

[tag]Where now for Antman raised by puffins?[/tag]

mothman

With the exception of Captain America 1, and obviously assorted flashbacks from throughout the series (and some of the mid- and end-credits have been flashforwards?), for the most part all the MCU films take place in chronological order. I think, anyway! So I did think it odd that Spider-Man 2 could be set before Avengers 3. Though I understand Captain Marvel is mostly set in the past, being in effect a prequel for the post Infinity War MCU.

Mister Six

I'd be surprised if they bothered with a third one. It's hardly their most beloved or money-making series, and while I appreciate the small-time tone of the thing - no pun included - there are more interesting characters and scenarios to explore.

Let the dude rest save for the odd team-up here and there and give his slot to someone else. She-Hulk is a good call, unless she's tangled up in the same rights issues as Banner.

MojoJojo

...pssst... you're talking to a robot.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Bhazor

He beats the baddie by shrinking right down and then climbing up the bad lad's urethra and then expanding to full size. That's how I'd do it.

Dr Rock

Hmmm, there's a famous Avengers comic where Ant-Man has to shrink down and go inside The Vision and fix him because he's on the blink - that's a scene that could be in the next Avengers movie, The Avengers: The Avengening.

Chriddof

I like the idea that the Ant-Man movies have been about his "personal affairs".

Seriously though, can someone do something about this latest invasion of the spambots?

Mister Six

Quote from: MojoJojo on September 04, 2018, 10:17:43 AM
...pssst... you're talking to a robot.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Robotist.

What's the point of a bot that asks about Marvel films? Some kind of elaborate marketing thing?

magval

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 06, 2018, 04:41:51 AM
Hmmm, there's a famous Avengers comic where Ant-Man has to shrink down and go inside The Vision and fix him because he's on the blink - that's a scene that could be in the next Avengers movie, The Avengers: The Avengening.

He did that for Iron Man, too, when he stuck inside his suit after fighting the Hulk.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Mister Six on September 06, 2018, 06:41:51 PM
Robotist.

What's the point of a bot that asks about Marvel films? Some kind of elaborate marketing thing?

It had made one other post a couple of minutes later that was basically pushing some vpn company. Guess this ant man post is camouflage.

Edit - the other post has been expunged.

Mister Six

Ah I see!

Still, though - Ant-Man, eh?

BritishHobo

Small Man Big Horse

In the comics Scott's daughter becomes a superhero, until she's killed by Doctor Doom. So they should do that.

magval

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 08, 2018, 10:42:03 PM

Dirty Ant-Man

Class the way her diddies sort of hover like that. Must have the same superhero technology built intil them that allows that jacket to sit upright against the wall like that.

Small Man Big Horse

Just noticed that *Avengers 4 spoilers* a new actress has been cast as Scott's daughter for Avengers 4, and she's 16, so it's possible they are going to go down the superhero road with her. No idea how they'll explain the age difference though, I know there's supposed to be a time jump with the fourth film but I thought it was supposed to be about two years, not six.

Quote from: Mister Six on September 04, 2018, 03:16:54 AM
I'd be surprised if they bothered with a third one. It's hardly their most beloved or money-making series, and while I appreciate the small-time tone of the thing - no pun included - there are more interesting characters and scenarios to explore.

Let the dude rest save for the odd team-up here and there and give his slot to someone else. She-Hulk is a good call, unless she's tangled up in the same rights issues as Banner.

Whilst not doing huge numbers akin to other Marvel movies in the US, it's so far taken $610,211,201 worldwide so I'd be surprised if there wasn't a third outing. I hope there is as I really enjoyed the second movie, and like that there's a more lighthearted series in the MCU. And there's no reason why they can't do She-Hulk (as long as it's the old funny vs of the character, and not the current rubbish angsty one) or other characters along with Scott and co.

Replies From View

Would Ant-Man be better at building Lego sets than an ordinary human, worse, or roughly the same.

Dr Rock

Trick question - he is just an ordinary human.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 09, 2018, 05:53:41 PM
Trick question - he is just an ordinary human.

Apparently he becomes ant-sized when his powers kick in, though?

Dr Rock

That's not a super-power, it's the suit's technology.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 09, 2018, 05:59:32 PM
That's not a super-power, it's the suit's technology.

Why doesn't it just keep him full-sized then?  Surely shrinking is an inconvenience?

Dr Rock

mothman

Spoiler (responding to SMBH) - I'd only just found out about the time jump yesterday from one source, and had been meaning to ask about it here. What I've heard is it's a five year jump, which would be about right. So we're going to be spared the immediate aftermath of the demi-extinction of the human race (except in flashbacks...).

Be interesting to see what they do with it. I'm guessing the remaining Avengers could be widely blamed for their failure to prevent the catastrophe (though not as much as they blame themselves. I've already suggested Thaddeus Ross is going to end up President.

I've also heard that time travel could be involved in A4, perhaps to reverse the Snap. And that Thanos could end up changing his mind; a five year period would be enough to amply demonstrate that his plan was stupid and wouldn't really solve anything...

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: mothman on September 09, 2018, 07:03:27 PM
Spoiler (responding to SMBH) - I'd only just found out about the time jump yesterday from one source, and had been meaning to ask about it here. What I've heard is it's a five year jump, which would be about right. So we're going to be spared the immediate aftermath of the demi-extinction of the human race (except in flashbacks...).

Be interesting to see what they do with it. I'm guessing the remaining Avengers could be widely blamed for their failure to prevent the catastrophe (though not as much as they blame themselves. I've already suggested Thaddeus Ross is going to end up President.

I've also heard that time travel could be involved in A4, perhaps to reverse the Snap. And that Thanos could end up changing his mind; a five year period would be enough to amply demonstrate that his plan was stupid and wouldn't really solve anything...

Ah, I didn't know about the five year jump, that would explain the recasting of the actress. No idea about the rest of it though, but I too have heard about the time travel thing and would be surprised if the majority of events aren't reset by the end of it.