Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Even-Keel I: The Balanced Mood of Alrightness.

Started by Glebe, September 04, 2018, 08:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

You eat a piece of bread. It tastes alright, nothing spectacular.

You go to see a superhero film. Ah, alright, it passed a few hours.

A man buys a new watch. It wasn't too expensive, nothing fancy, it's okay.

You miss the bus, but there'll be another one along shortly. Ho-hum, not to worry, I'll just sit in the shelter and have a quick Google.

PlanktonSideburns

Yesterday's sausage dahl for lunch today - will do the job for sure !

A yamaha bass guitar - bassing the place up a treat, no need to shit your pants over it

Your health - aching in the morning, carpel tunnel under control, more legs than many.

Sebastian Cobb

An hours train journey completes without delay or incident from fellow passengers.

PlanktonSideburns

Yesterday's sausage Dahl actually got really tasty in the fridge overnight, so I'm going to remove it trombone this thread

PlanktonSideburns

Mate, you've tromboned the thread now.

And that's fine. Not ideal, but we'll get through it. Not a problem at all.

PlanktonSideburns

Yea I felt it was an OK phone autocorrect mishap - neither too hilarious nor too annoying

Gregory Torso

A 3mm square piece of lichen continues in its hundred year plan to colonise the gravestone of a man who when he was alive quite liked seals although he never got to see one in the wild.

Gregory Torso

Actually that's quite sad.

Today I went to Tesco to celebrate being back in the UK.

Shit that's desolate, too.

I thought about a mini roll wrapped up in pastry like a sausage roll and how it might taste while I looked at a box of cornflakes and tried to remember whether I liked eating cornflakes or not.

Glebe

You take a wander round your local library. Slightly maudlin, but otherwise refreshing.

A man's car gets stuck in a car wash, but it's only for a few minutes, no harm done.

An episode of Friends comes on, you're not really in the mood for it but it provides a few chuckles.

You're tea's gone lukewarm, but it's not too bad.

Ferris

A can of Stella Artois

3 pigeons near a bus-stop

Leicester city centre

Gregory Torso

Wouldn't mind going to the shop later. Not fussed if it's closed, though. The sky is a steady milky grey. A child's shoe is lying unclaimed on a piece of grass on the estate. Perhaps someone will fetch it later. Perhaps it just came off the British Heart Foundation van that came round to pick up some stuff.

An apple on the path outside with one bite taken out of it.

Tomorrow, the same.

PlanktonSideburns

Flat right now, but looks like it might puff up to its usual splendor in the near future

Glebe

"Nation's favourite," smiles an old granddad, settling down to Corrie with a cuppa. This doesn't affect your life whatsoever, and things just carry on.

Ferris

Sebastian Cobb

Third kid's crowning but you'd rather be browsing twitter.

Glebe

You discover an old VHS tape compilation of Jamie and the Magic Torch episodes in your shed. You settle in to watch the lot, with a cuppa and a whole box of Tunnock's Tea Cakes. It should be one for the Euphoria thread, but the mood is a funny thing, innit?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: seepage on September 05, 2018, 02:24:24 PM
This sounds amazing - where; how?

Just chop up sausages and onions, fry em for 5 min, then dosh a some hot water and lentils on it. No one can say that's not food

Glebe

Glebe

That bowl of Special K was decent, now to clear out the shed and go for a walk.

seepage

Sausage dahl - did the trick - 6/10

Actually, I get really annoyed when people mark out of 10 but 6 or less counts as faulty e.g. if someone gets 4/10 on 'Four in a Bed' they threaten to nut the opposition. Surely 6/10 should be average; acceptable?

seepage

Glebe

A chocolate digestive satisfies, but that is all.

Ferris

popcorn

I woke up today with a Balanced Mood of Alrightness, but when I was getting changed into my trunks to go swimming, a Bad Sense of Dread Suddenly Overwhelmed Me and I sat motionless in the shower until it passed.

seepage

Bit chilly today - no heating but the servers are warm. Coffee's not too bad and there's a Viennese whirl left.

Bought a bottle of out of date milk yesterday and the bloke in the shop swapped it with absolutely no drama.