Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgehog90

...and Jim Carrey as Sonic's nemesis Dr. Eggman.'

'The small town of Green Hills joins forces with a sheriff named Tom Wachowski (James Marsden), on a journey to San Francisco in their efforts to assist Sonic, a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog, and help him battle against the evil Dr. Eggman to recover his rings, while the government is trying to catch Sonic at the same time.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(film)

Old Nehamkin

PlanktonSideburns

Utterly, completely IN on this. Has some big boots to fill after robby rackeloff's recent turn as our hero tho. Carey as robotnik is dream casting

PlanktonSideburns

Don't know who Ben schwartz is but his face fits. Will he be able to carry the sheer physicality of the roll?

Replies From View

I hope they don't redesign these beloved characters too much.

Malcy

Hope Carey is in a fat suit and donning a big tache or this can fuck off.

EOLAN

This the one that Doughboys Commission Evan Susser and his writing colleague have been working on for seemingly two years.
I did watch Fist Fight out of listening to the podcast. Maybe won't do so for Sonic.

It's being produced by Neal H. Moritz, so there's a 99.9 % chance it will blow donkey dick.  Seriously, apart from The Fast and the Furious movies (well... they have their fans), try and name a genuinely good film he's been involved in.

Replies From View

Seriously though I do hope Ben Schwartz is wearing blue clothes, but I hope his "spines" are just an Adidas rucksack and he does no spinning at all or anything fast.

And his catchphrase is "I'm not a fucking hedgehog and my name isn't Sonic!"

Blumf

Quote from: goinggoinggone on September 05, 2018, 07:03:38 PM
It's being produced by Neal H. Moritz, so there's a 99.9 % chance it will blow donkey dick.  Seriously, apart from The Fast and the Furious movies (well... they have their fans), try and name a genuinely good film he's been involved in.

The Total Recall remake wasn't bad. Perhaps the best of the recent spat of unneeded retreads.

I also see he's got his name down for a Danger Mouse film. Good grief.

Kelvin

Quote from: goinggoinggone on September 05, 2018, 07:03:38 PM

21 jump street is meant to be quite good, isn't it?

And Cruel Intentions is... okay.

Sonic's gonna be fantastically shit, though.

Replies From View

QuoteThe small town of Green Hills joins forces with a sheriff named Tom Wachowski, on a journey to San Francisco in their efforts to assist Sonic, a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog, and help him battle against the evil Dr. Eggman to recover his rings, while the government is trying to catch Sonic at the same time.

I mean it's a lot of a palaver over some rings isn't it?  Why are they bothering?

I hope it starts off in the "real world" like Super Mario Bros (1993). Chuck in a big slide that leads to Green Hill Zone and you have this decade's Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Stick a Knuckles sequel tease in the credits.

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

I bet Jim Carrey's characterisation of the baddie will take us all totally by surprise!!  I can't imagine how he will play it!!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 05, 2018, 06:06:27 PM
Don't know who Ben schwartz is but his face fits. Will he be able to carry the sheer physicality of the roll?

Lovely bit of inadvertent spelling mistake there

colacentral

Every film I can think of that's set in San Francisco looks like cheap crap. Undoubtedly, this will follow suit. Do they give big tax breaks there or something?

Crabwalk

I hope he lands on some spikes, with realistic consequences.

Quote from: Kelvin on September 05, 2018, 07:32:53 PM

21 Jump Street was okay, I guess, though not worth the raves it got.  I liked Cruel Intentions back in the day, though God knows how I'd feel about it now.  The Total Recall remake was the first rehash that made me genuinely angry and I've been numb to them ever since... to avoid a heart-attack.

Dex Sawash

Replies From View

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thecuriousorange on September 05, 2018, 07:43:29 PM
I hope it starts off in the "real world" like Super Mario Bros (1993). Chuck in a big slide that leads to Green Hill Zone and you have this decade's Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Stick a Knuckles sequel tease in the credits.
. I liked Mario Brothers. I seem to be in the minority though.

PlanktonSideburns

But nothing has yet matched the greatest videogame movie of all time, Mortal Kombat. Amazing theme tune.

Replies From View

How come Nintendo haven't done any Donkey Kong films?  There's more potential for development there than there is for King Kong.

Mister Six

Quote from: Kelvin on September 05, 2018, 07:32:53 PM

The Jump Street films are legitimately excellent, especially the second one, but judging by his filmography that was a "stopped clock" situation. He had to accidentally stumble across some competent filmmakers at some point.

Replies From View

Quotejump street

The Jumpman franchise is Mario, not Sonic.

St_Eddie

Hecate

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 05, 2018, 06:06:27 PM
Don't know who Ben schwartz is

I know him from Jake and Amir. He was the annoying overacting milkman/bloke who sucked off Jake.

Yeah, I watched Jake and Amir, what of it?