Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:44:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

♫ Ooohhhhh, hedgehog90, I love your animations... 90. ♫

♫ Ooohhhhh, hedgehog90, your animations are so very sexy... 90. ♫

Crabwalk

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 11, 2018, 11:08:01 PM
sonic.running.gif

sonic.spin.dash.gif

sonic.collects.ring.gif

These need to be on the new page. Because they're about the best thing I've seen in 2018.

Crabwalk

Plus, which exec thought it would be a good idea to invoke this?

St_Eddie

Can we all agree that every single thread needs to have these sonic-man animations upon every single page please?

I think that we can and more to the point, we should.

Twed

sonic.collects.ring.gif is the crowd-pleaser, but I've come to realise that sonic.spin.dash.gif is the real masterpiece.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on December 14, 2018, 02:55:50 AM
sonic.collects.ring.gif is the crowd-pleaser, but I've come to realise that sonic.spin.dash.gif is the real masterpiece.

Why quibble? It's akin to choosing which deity is better at exuding divinity.

greenman

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 14, 2018, 01:54:56 AM
Can we all agree that every single thread needs to have these sonic-man animations upon every single page please?

I think that we can and more to the point, we should.

Offically make them the only permited response to TFM's posting.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 14, 2018, 03:21:48 AM
Why quibble? It's akin to choosing which deity is better at exuding divinity.

I'm terrifically sad that literally nobody apart from me loves "famous pose".

Mango Chimes

Magnificent work, Hedgehog. I hope you realise you're now committed to remaking this film once it comes out.

Small Man Big Horse

Ditto what everyone's said in this thread but especially Mango above, the world needs your version if it's to survive.

ZoyzaSorris

Gonna have to add my voice to the pro-weird-fucking-amazing-CGI-hedgehog-man camp.
Incredible stuff. Yes, RFV the timing of the famous pose one is superb. The ominous slow zoom and sudden reveal of its true horrors. Its like a horrific cross between Xavier: Renegade Angel and Laura Dern in Inland Empire.

Bazooka

SteveDave

popcorn

Schnapple

Quite a complex portrayal of Sonic that they seem to have planned! Expect this will really expand his character from 'Hedgehog who runs fast' to Tony Soprano levels of humanity and contradiction. Just hope he still runs dead fast and that.

Blumf

Quote from: Schnapple on March 05, 2019, 02:13:29 PM
Quite a complex portrayal of Sonic that they seem to have planned! Expect this will really expand his character from 'Hedgehog who runs fast' to Tony Soprano levels of humanity and contradiction. Just hope he still runs dead fast and that.

Mister Six

Quote from: popcorn on March 05, 2019, 02:10:56 PM
Come on mate, you can't not include a picture.

Looks like a half-hearted graphic for a knock-off iPhone game.

St_Eddie

QuoteThis Sonic will be not only "irreverent and sarcastic," according to the slides, but also "chill and likable." And it's important to know that he's "not malicious" — but he is "mischievous"!

St_Eddie

SteveDave

St_Eddie

I like that they've given him eyebrows and a fuzzy texture.  hedgehog90 kept his job at the animation department of Paramount Pictures quiet!

alan nagsworth

This is one of those rare things where I'm like how can anyone be even remotely emotional one way or the other about this in any conceivable way

No one will have ever enjoyed imagining it, funding it, creating it, watching it, talking about it, thinking about it, or even forgetting about it

War criminals and prison systems would not even contemplate using this film as a method of torture

They could make a computer program that will be triggered to display a "thumbs up" whenever it identifies the Sonic character on a screen - set to the most basic parameters, like "blue, fast" - and it would work when every other existing Sonic media is displayed, except for this film, which would cause the computer not to cry or explode (like you'd expect to see in a comedy that grants the viewer light relief from the negative images they have just witnessed) but simply not respond at all

But they won't make that of course because no one will be arsed even enough to conceive such a reaction to it

I'm not even enjoying writing this but I can do so without the current existence of the film in the public consciousness, and I for one am happy to have at least known any meagre shred of emotion before its release turns the entire world to a cold, grey goo of mind-numbness

hedgehog90

My Sonic looks better and I'm not even kidding.

St_Eddie

Quote from: hedgehog90 on March 05, 2019, 08:07:46 PM
My Sonic looks better and I'm not even kidding.

Damn straight and that's not even damning it with faint praise.  Their Sonic wishes that it could look like your masterpiece.

alan nagsworth

^ This stuff is the best thing I've seen all day. Thank you for this weird-ass ray of sunshine.

Bazooka