Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

St_Eddie

A new page dictates that this be quoted again because it should forever be the focus of this thread, such is its majesty...

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 11, 2018, 11:08:01 PM

colacentral

They've made him fluffy rather than spikey, so as not to look too dangerous to any concerned parents I imagine, despite that being his second most important power after being fast. Probably worried about potential bad publicity if the kiddies start sellotaping knives to their backs too.

A CGI Sonic film that just embraced the silliness and featured trippy visuals would probably work; I don't know why people are so obsessed with doing a live-action version of everything even when it patently wouldn't make sense. Remember before Beavis & Butthead Do America came out and they were tossing around the idea of doing it live-action? How horrific would that have been?

popcorn

Quote from: colacentral on March 06, 2019, 02:29:55 PM
They've made him fluffy rather than spikey, so as not to look too dangerous to any concerned parents I imagine, despite that being his second most important power after being fast.

I've been arguing with some friends about whether Sonic (outside of this film) is "implied" to have fur or not. I maintain he would be smooth to the touch, like a dolphin.

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on March 06, 2019, 02:32:56 PM
I've been arguing with some friends about whether Sonic (outside of this film) is "implied" to have fur or not. I maintain he would be smooth to the touch, like a dolphin.

I think he would be like velvet or a fine velour

hedgehog90

What I don't understand about the new promotional image is that they've even made his pink fleshy bits all pale and furry.
Blue furry sonic I can take, but you need to leave some bare skin exposed so I, no we - the audience - can imagine slapping him really hard and leaving big red hand imprints on his exposed parts.
If I slapped the new Sonic on his tummy it wouldn't even leave a mark, and there'd be no satisfying sound.

Avril Lavigne

This fan edit shows how easy it would have been to at least make him look more like his usual self.  Still not quite on the level of Hedgehog90's work but how could anything be?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on March 07, 2019, 10:33:30 AM
This fan edit shows how easy it would have been to at least make him look more like his usual self.

It looks better, I guess.  In a "that glass of vomit with a rotten cherry on top looks more appetising than this bowl full of week old diarrhea" kind of a way.

SavageHedgehog

To be honest I kind of feel that way about the design relative to what I was expecting based on the shadow/outline and muscley legs posters, which almost seem like a (presumably unintentional) masterstroke in lowering expectations.

Replies From View

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on March 07, 2019, 10:33:30 AM

This fan edit shows how easy it would have been to at least make him look more like his usual self.  Still not quite on the level of Hedgehog90's work but how could anything be?

Basically the best Sonic can be is a generic Dreamworks knock-off?

Kelvin

Quote from: Replies From View on March 07, 2019, 05:36:01 PM

After the last two decades of Sonic games, that is not only the absolute best he can hope for, but also much more than he deserves.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Replies From View on March 07, 2019, 05:36:01 PM

No no, the best Sonic can be is 'officially finished as a property in 1994'.

SavageHedgehog

I liked Sonic Colours. And Lost World to a lesser extent.

Sonic: Lost World clever clogs!

St_Eddie

Spiteface

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on March 07, 2019, 06:05:54 PM
I liked Sonic Colours. And Lost World to a lesser extent.

I really liked Unleashed's daytime stages, which carried over into Generations and Sonic Forces when they actually let you fucking play as Sonic.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Spiteface on March 07, 2019, 07:45:41 PM
I really liked Unleashed's daytime stages, which carried over into Generations and Sonic Forces when they actually let you fucking play as Sonic.

Urgh, Sonic's cast of pals.  Take Big the Cat for example.  I love cats but this isn't a cat, this is...

...actually, I don't know what the fuck that thing is!

Kelvin

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 07, 2019, 07:56:15 PM
Urgh, Sonic's cast of pals.  Take Big the Cat for example.  I love cats but this isn't a cat, this is...

...actually, I don't know what the fuck this thing is!

Fairly sure that's Sonic in about 10 years.

PlanktonSideburns

It's like you typed Andy Dawson into deviantart

Mister Six

It appears to be wearing human-skin gloves.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mister Six on March 07, 2019, 11:26:46 PM
It appears to be wearing human-skin gloves.

The cold dead eyes of a psychotic serial killer.  Chilling.

hedgehog90

From the maker of sonic.spin.dash.gif and sonic.collects.ring.gif, here comes...

the.real.sonic.the.hedgehog.the.movie.1080p.001.mp4

making.of.promo.001.png

making.of.promo.002.png

making.of.promo.003.png

making.of.promo.004.png

Release date TBA

Ferris

Cuellar

robotam

Hedgehog are you doing all this just for this thread ? Or is it being spread around? Because the people need to see this

PlanktonSideburns

oh you fucking incredible bastard.

are you posting it anywhere other than here? can i share images of this on social media and name you?

Blumf

I'm not comfortable with the idea of Sonic using Apple products.

hedgehog90

Quote from: robotam on March 08, 2019, 06:11:38 PM
Hedgehog are you doing all this just for this thread ? Or is it being spread around? Because the people need to see this

I'll upload it to youtube when it's done, I'm just doing this to amuse myself (and others hopefully).

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on March 08, 2019, 06:53:41 PM
are you posting it anywhere other than here? can i share images of this on social media and name you?

I might post it on my personal website but it's probably a bit too weird for my audience.
And by all means share away, that's what the internet's for, right? You can attribute it to hedgehog90 if you like or you can pretend you made it yourself.

I'll try to get it ready for Sunday but otherwise might be a few more days.

PS - I'm pretty much improvising this with very little forethought, so don't expect anything too amazing.

Bronzy

His voice is even worse, funnily enough it was done by the same guy that voiced Duke Nukem.

https://youtu.be/98hlQxanAnM

I can only assume he'd been punched in the head several times before going in to record his lines.