Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:29:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

@hedgehog90 - Finally, a videogame movie worth getting excited for.

Quote from: Bronzy on March 09, 2019, 12:18:59 AM
His voice is even worse, funnily enough it was done by the same guy that voiced Duke Nukem.

https://youtu.be/98hlQxanAnM

I can only assume he'd been punched in the head several times before going in to record his lines.

I made it 30 seconds into that video and then had to turn it off.  Hangovers and that video DO NOT mix well.

====================================================================

EDIT: NEW PAGE - Obligatory quote...

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 11, 2018, 11:08:01 PM
sonic.running.gif

sonic.spin.dash.gif

sonic.collects.ring.gif

hedgehog90

The real Sonic movie update:
I'm almost done with the animation side of things, it's clocking in at about 4 minutes long. Not bad for 3 days work!
I didn't take into account how long it'd take to render 5000 frames at 1080p on an outdated graphics card, turns out it takes quite a while! (about 1 frame every 5 seconds, or 12 frames per minute)
There's still sound effects & music to do so I probably won't have this finished until next weekend.
When it's ready should I post it in this thread or start a new thread one in Deeper into Movies or HS Art?

St_Eddie

Quote from: hedgehog90 on March 10, 2019, 02:49:05 PM
The real Sonic movie update:
I'm almost done with the animation side of things, it's clocking in at about 4 minutes long. Not bad for 3 days work!

Great stuff!

Quote from: hedgehog90 on March 10, 2019, 02:49:05 PM
When it's ready should I post it in this thread or start a new thread one in Deeper into Movies or HS Art?

I think this deserves its own thread in Deeper into Movies.  Not everyone visits H.S. Art and this definitely deserves to be seen by as many people as possible.

hedgehog90

That was my thinking too (RIP HS Art), I'll post a link in this thread as well obviously.

I've just rendered my first batch of frames and thought it would make a good teaser:

teaser.001.gif

My animation improv has taken me to some weird places.

PlanktonSideburns

Kelvin

This reminds me of that morbid short film about a bedraggled Mario caring for a deranged Miyamoto. I cant find it on youtube now, though. Anyone know the one I mean?

St_Eddie

Quote from: hedgehog90 on March 10, 2019, 03:45:13 PM
That was my thinking too (RIP HS Art), I'll post a link in this thread as well obviously.

I've just rendered my first batch of frames and thought it would make a good teaser:

teaser.001.gif

Looks like we have an earlier winner for the title of film of the year.

Quote from: Kelvin on March 10, 2019, 04:00:53 PM
This reminds me of that morbid short film about a bedraggled Mario caring for a deranged Miyamoto. I cant find it on youtube now, though. Anyone know the one I mean?

I can't help you to find a dream you once had, I'm afraid.

Kelvin

There was one with Link being tormented opening chests, as well.

Please don't make me the deranged Miyamoto to St Eddie's bedraggled Mario.

kittens

very excited for this. please consider me for the role of sonic the hedgehog.

Bazooka

Quote from: hedgehog90 on March 10, 2019, 03:45:13 PM

teaser.001.gif

Pat Butcher the hedgehog? Very excited about this.

Blumf

hedgehog90

the.real.sonic.the.movie.1080p DROP IS IMMINENT!!

WILL IT LIVE UP TO THE HYPE?

WILL IT BE PURE SHIT?

FIND OUT SOON.

PlanktonSideburns

St_Eddie

HHOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY SSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!

*cough*

I mean, that's good to hear.

hedgehog90

After many weeks of toil, the new real.sonic.1080p video is almost ready. I'll be releasing it either tomorrow or Wednesday evening.
It's 9 minutes long (!) and quite a different beast to the original. I'm preparing myself for a flurry of concerned emails and Facebook messages when it drops, probably a few from here too.
I may have crossed a line regarding, what some might read as making light of a particularly awful subject, depending which way you look at it. I'm a bit nervous about it tbh and not sure if it's going to go down too well.

I'm also worried because I've used some very recognizable music which will probably get it flagged on YouTube. I don't care about losing all potential ad revenue (somewhere in the region of 5p I'm lucky?) but I do care if it gets taken down, regionally blocked or muted for some viewers.
It comes and goes for about a minute, but there's only around 20 seconds or so where it's not getting eq'd & fx'd out of existence, evenso I'm pretty sure that's all it needs to get recognized.
Is there any way to check if I'm likely to run into these issues before uploading it to YouTube? There's not much I can do about it, mind... without reworking the entire ending... It's tricky (not the trip-hop musician or the Run DMX song, just tricky, problem-wise)

Also, start a new thread or use the old one? I'm tempted to start another.

Edit: arse, meant to post this in the other thread.

colacentral

If you upload without publishing you'll get the automated copyright flags through within a few hours and no one has to actually see it, but you can still get the odd one weeks later, and manual flags any time.

hedgehog90

Ah ok, I'll upload a rough cut and see what the YouTube god's have decided.
Tah.

Edit - I uploaded just the audio through tunestotube about 30 minutes ago, setting the video to private. I uploaded it on my personal YT account which already has a copyright strike (for uploading a personal edit of Meshes of the Afternoon, which is baffling as there's several version available on youtube...) Figuring I'd be more likely to see flags if I used a compromised account.
Surprisingly however, nothing's been flagged yet. Fingers crossed.

St_Eddie

Quote from: hedgehog90 on April 22, 2019, 05:24:56 PM
After many weeks of toil, the new real.sonic.1080p video is almost ready. I'll be releasing it either tomorrow or Wednesday evening.

Ah, great news!  I was literally wondering if you were still working on this the other day.  I'm very much looking forward to it.

Quote from: hedgehog90 on April 22, 2019, 05:24:56 PMI may have crossed a line regarding, what some might read as making light of a particularly awful subject, depending which way you look at it. I'm a bit nervous about it tbh and not sure if it's going to go down too well.

I wouldn't worry about it.  It's your art.  People are either going to appreciate it or not.  I wouldn't worry about second guessing yourself in the interests of not offending anyone.  Hopefully, most will be mature enough to appreciate that an artistic vision does not necessarily reflect the personal beliefs of the artist who created it.

Quote from: hedgehog90 on April 22, 2019, 05:24:56 PMI'm also worried because I've used some very recognizable music which will probably get it flagged on YouTube...

There are video hosting sites other than YouTube; video hosting sites without automatic copyright detection algorithms.  Personally, I'd much sooner that you make use of those, as opposed to reworking your video to fall in line with YouTube's horseshit.

PlanktonSideburns

Dailymotion is pretty relaxed on these things right? Can you upload to good quality on there?

hedgehog90

It's been 2 hours since I uploaded the audio and nothing's been flagged yet, so this bodes well.
My old audio tampering skills must have done the trick.
Now I just have to hope it doesn't get flagged as inappropriate content.

PlanktonSideburns

hedgehog90

PlanktonSideburns

Bazooka

Good going my man, just skype talked with my sister and my nephews are going to a hedgehog event, ITS HEDGEHOG MANIA RIGHT NOW.

St_Eddie

Twed

hedgehog90

Don't think this'll be ready tonight, I'm having issues rendering the video.

Edit: Fixed it now but can't get it up tonight ([img]frankie howerd doing a face[\img])

Will upload it tomorrow afternoon asap.

St_Eddie

Quote from: hedgehog90 on April 24, 2019, 11:18:16 PM
Will upload it tomorrow afternoon asap.

It is sure to be a day that goes down in history.

Blumf

Pretty ballsy, Marvel releasing their big Avengers film on the same day. They must know they can't compete.