Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgehog90

the.real.sonic.the.hedgehog.part.002.1080p.mp4 is up but it's got terrible pixelation for me on my end. Hopefully should resolve itself eventually once YouTube has had time to fully process all the different qualities.

New thread with link.

St_Eddie

JamesTC

First picture of Jim Carrey as Eggman.

He looks like the guy from Lazytown.

St_Eddie

Fucking hell!  Could they not afford a fat suit?  I mean even Big Momma's House and its shitty sequels managed that!

Quote from: JamesTC on April 29, 2019, 09:19:38 PM

Who in turn, reminded me of Jim Carrey.  We've come full circle!

JamesTC

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 29, 2019, 09:30:46 PM
Fucking hell!  Could they not afford a fat suit?  I mean even Big Momma's House and its shitty sequels managed that!

I bet he ends up in an explosion and goes bald in the middle of the film.

hedgehog90

I bet he eats loads of eggs like Paul Newman did in Cool Hand Luke.

I bet he lays an egg and incubates it until an evil baby hatches from it played by Verne Troyer (his final role).

I bet he inserts so many love eggs in his rectum that he begins to resemble a sort of quivering egg person.

St_Eddie

Quote from: hedgehog90 on April 30, 2019, 01:19:18 AM
I bet he eats loads of eggs like Paul Newman did in Cool Hand Luke.

I bet he lays an egg and incubates it until an evil baby hatches from it played by Verne Troyer (his final role).

I bet he inserts so many love eggs in his rectum that he begins to resemble a sort of quivering egg person.

This is good stuff, man.  What are you wasting it here for?  You should be storing this material within the vault, should the day ever arise when you continue the story of the.real.sonic.the.hedgehog.the.movie.1080p.mp4.

madhair60

Quote from: JamesTC on April 29, 2019, 09:19:38 PM

First picture of Jim Carrey as Eggman.

This looks fucking GREAT.

Blumf

The Jim Carrey bits might work... maybe...

That Sonic is garbage though, pure Poochie.

Malcy

Whole thing looks shite. Jim Carey isn't fat enough to be Robotnik.

Thursday

This is going to be amazing. Every single aspect of this is impossibly weird. No element of this should have been signed off on.

Mister Six

Impossibly weird but also really, really boring-looking. Which is a feat in of itself.

Clownbaby

The spikes don't even make any fucking sense,  they're just furry long masses on the back of his head, surely each point would be one big spike and not just some kind of collection of curved fuzzy fingers sticking out the back of his head

I know I'm saying this about a blue running hedgehog that acts like a person but christ

I'm liking Eggman though. I don't particularly mind that he's not fat. I really want to watch this for a fair laugh

Cuellar

What the fuck is this, man.

What is the point in this.

Ferris

I thought this as an elaborate joke. I've just seen the trailer online.

What on earth was anyone involved with the production thinking?

St_Eddie

Holy shit is that trailer bad!  I mean really, really fucking bad.  It's not like I was ever going to be inclined to watch a Sonic the Hedgehog movie (other than hedgehog90's brilliant art house film, I mean), so I have absolutely zero emotional investment in this but still, holy fuck!  What a disaster.  Nothing about that said "Sonic".  It was the most generic, bland, straight to DVD in tone and feel piece of garbage I've laid eyes on in years.  Whoever is responsible for this atrocity should never be allowed to work in Hollywood again.

Just... wow.

I get that this movie is not intended for people hurtling towards their 40s like me but I have trouble imagining that young fans of the series would care to watch this bastardisation either.  Did the producers of this dumpster fire learn nothing from the Super Mario Bros. movie?!

greenman

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 30, 2019, 04:58:49 PM
Holy shit is that trailer bad!  I mean really, really fucking bad.  It's not like I was ever going to be inclined to watch a Sonic the Hedgehog movie (other than hedgehog90's brilliant art house film, I mean), so I have absolutely zero emotional investment in this but still, holy fuck!  What a disaster.  Nothing about that said "Sonic".  It was the most generic, bland, straight to DVD in tone and feel piece of garbage I've laid eyes on in years.  Whoever is responsible for this atrocity should never be allowed to work in Hollywood again.

Just... wow.

I get that this movie is not intended for people hurtling towards their 40s like me but I have trouble imagining that young fans of the series would care to watch this bastardisation either.  Did the producers of this dumpster fire learn nothing from the Super Mario Bros. movie?!

Surely that's exactly who its aimed at? the age group that might have some attachment to the character.

I'd agree that's possible the worst trailer for a major blockbuster I'v ever seen, is it Shaftsbury Jam's entry into the film production market?

Mister Six

Quote from: greenman on April 30, 2019, 05:42:39 PM
I'd agree that's possible the worst trailer for a major blockbuster I'v ever seen.

It's not just the obvious awfulness of this take on the character, but also the flat direction, bland set and costume design and total lack of imagination. It looks so fucking cheap and sad, even though they've obviously spent millions and millions on it. Achingly empty sets and environments, generic nothing characters... it's not like I have any particular interest in Sonic as a character or a franchise, but the games did have some fun and outlandish aesthetics that are just not being represented here. Watch this trailer straight after Detective Pikachu (of all things) and the difference is striking - and horribly grim.

St_Eddie

Quote from: greenman on April 30, 2019, 05:42:39 PM
Surely that's exactly who its aimed at? the age group that might have some attachment to the character.

As in middle aged folk?  Nah, I don't think so.  What 40 year old is going to ask for a ticket to see Sonic the Hedgehog?

Whilst it's not aimed at my age group and demographic, there's nothing about the trailer that encapsulates what Sonic is about, so I fail to see how fans of the series, people much younger than myself, are going to be impressed by any of this.  That's why I mentioned the Super Mario Bros. movie - as a kid, when I watched that movie, a big part of the problem was that it had fuck all to do with the games upon which it was based.  My ultimate point being; who exactly is this movie for?  I don't think that anyone is going to like it by and large, young fans included.

greenman

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 30, 2019, 05:50:08 PM
That was the point I was making.  Whilst it's not aimed at my age group and demographic, there's nothing about the trailer that encapsulates what Sonic is about, so I fail to see how fans of the series, people much younger than myself, are going to be impressed by any of this.  That's why I mentioned the Super Mario Bros. movie - as a kid, when I watched that movie, a big part of the problem was that it had fuck all to do with the games upon which it was based.  My ultimate point being; who exactly is this movie for?  I don't think that anyone is going to like it, by and large, young fans included.

Really though fans of sonic would be exactly around your(or my) age who would have been into gaming in the early 90's, the character has not retained nearly as much popularity as say Nintendo's mascots like Mario and Link post millennium to the degree I suspect a lot of younger viewers probably have little idea who/what he is.

If there was ever a Poochie made manifest then this film is it, I mean I spose the character was always somewhat that way inclined but this is obviously taking it much much further in terms of clueless entertainment exec decisions.

St_Eddie

Quote from: greenman on April 30, 2019, 05:56:12 PM
Really though fans of sonic would be exactly around your(or my) age who would have been into gaming in the early 90's, the character has not retained nearly as much popularity as say Nintendo's mascots like Mario and Link post millennium to the degree I suspect a lot of younger viewers probably have little idea who/what he is.

I 100% guarantee you that this movie is not aimed at middle aged people who remember the Medgadrive days.  They make a reference to "basic" in the trailer.  That should tell you all you need to know in terms of who this is aimed at and rightfully so.  It would be utterly barmy and make zero business sense to make a Sonic movie for grown ups.

Most fans of Sonic are kids, even these days.  The games are an ongoing thing.  Occasionally Sega will make a game to appeal to the old school gamers who grew up with the Megadrive games but they're essentially scraps being thrown to the knackered old dog.  Most of the games are 3D affairs, targeted at children and they sell very well.  That's the demographic for this movie and I fail to see how even they will be impressed by any of this because whilst it has no trace of what the old school Sonic games were all about, it's equally completely unlike modern Sonic games.  Who is this aimed at?  I have absolutely no idea.  It's baffling.

BritishHobo

YES. THANK YOU. This is all we want - all we ever want - from films based on cartoony characters who live in fun, bright, colourful cartoon worlds, and who interact with other cartoony animals. All we ever ever want, is to have those characters transported into bland, boring real life. All we want is to see the fun cartoon creature going into office buildings with human characters, wandering around generic cities, just sitting in real cars and shit having dead awkward banter with human characters straight out of middle-of-the-road live-action comedies, chatting about 'hey yeah, look, I'm a mad cartoon character, and you're just like, a bloke, who's proper baffled to see me!'. Fuckin' YEAH MATE!

alan nagsworth

How many times are we gonna see this "human discovers non human creature and freaks out with hilarious results" shit?

Ah man this looks fucking banging. I watched the trailer in the pub with the sound off and I still loved it.

Blumf

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 30, 2019, 05:57:55 PM
They make a reference to "basic" in the trailer.

Already dated by 5-10 years. I'm not sure they're aiming for the kid's market that well.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Blumf on April 30, 2019, 06:36:18 PM
Already dated by 5-10 years. I'm not sure they're aiming for the kid's market that well.

I don't doubt that it's tone death but that's usually the case when a middle aged screenwriter writes for kids.  They're always around a decade out of date with their references for 'da yoof'.

PlanktonSideburns

Baffling music choice.

Detective Picachu looks great doesn't it? It has a look, this does look bit like the film was made first and then they made it a sonic thing after. Carey looks like he's having fun

Small Man Big Horse

Sonic wasn't even that fast in the games anyhow, sure he was quicker than Mario and his 4 mile per hour ambles in the countryside but I doubt he ever went more than thirty or forty miles an hour, so why can he suddenly do 760mph?