Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky

If this is half as good as either Smurfs or one of the Chipmonks movies this will be... very shit.

Replies From View

In my view they should have cast Ben Blau.  This is like the Elephant Man remake all over again.

biggytitbo

Just reading up on this and apparently there is only one Sonic Hedeghog in this. When will they learn?

Blumf

They're all stupid. Everyone knows what the world needs is a dark and gritty Shadow the Hedgehog film!

hedgehog90

They should have gone the whole hog with the live-action. If they're using real people they should use a real hedgehog, dye it blue and use back-projection of fast moving scenery to make it look speedy.
He'd still have Sonic's character and wit, but he would communicate in snuffles and grunts.

$100k budget, $500m return. It's a no-brainer.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 06, 2018, 10:09:45 AM
. I liked Mario Brothers. I seem to be in the minority though.

I always liked the Mario movie. The look & feel of it makes more sense when you know it's written & directed by the people who did the dystopian cyberpunk Max Headroom TV series.

I used to love the Mario Bros movie, but watching it in retrospect, they were clearly winging it a lot of the time.  It's worth getting the Blu-ray for the making of retrospective.  They talk about how Nintendo gave them the rights and let them do whatever they wanted.  Amazingly, it was gonna be a darker, much more introspective drama about two brothers ; the writer of Rain Man even did a draft at one point... but they ran out of money and then Disney ended up getting involved...

Ferris

Ben Schwartz is impressively likeable. I'm in.

Who's playing Knuckles?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 11, 2018, 01:44:48 AM

Who's playing Knuckles?

I've always felt it should be fieldy from Korn playing knuckles, and hologram Michael j fox as tails

PlanktonSideburns

And a visibly fuming Daniel Day Lewis as Vector the Crocofile

PlanktonSideburns

Lewis's performance will basically be like the bit in there will be blood where he's getting baptised

hedgehog90

Clownbaby

I'm a bit confused about how they're going to do this visually. Is it going to be animated, or part live action part CGI, or just live action and the characters are reinterpreted as humans?

I'm thinking Michael Shannon as Shadow.

I'm still trying to get my head around how the fuck this would look.  I can't imagine it being anything but weird and naff. Are they going to make the actors look hedgehoggy or just hint at it by doing stuff with their hair? I can't picture this at all. Everything I'm imagining is hideously ugly.

Blumf

It already looked wrong when they did this:

Real(ish) humans with giant cartoon animals. Is this going to be the film version of Sonic 2006?

Clownbaby

Ugh Christ. The only way I can see them at all getting away with this is just referring to him as Sonic so he's a human Sonic The Hedgehog. He can do the classic Sonic stuff but he's a human man. Or just make the whole thing animated. I can't see it working at all if they do the same kind of thing as they do when they try to make live action Dr Seuss characters, with those disgusting fleshy snouts.

Semi-realistic animal costumes just do not work. No. No. Not having it.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Clownbaby on September 11, 2018, 11:57:02 AM
Ugh Christ. The only way I can see them at all getting away with this is just referring to him as Sonic so he's a human Sonic The Hedgehog. He can do the classic Sonic stuff but he's a human man. Or just make the whole thing animated. I can't see it working at all if they do the same kind of thing as they do when they try to make live action Dr Seuss characters, with those disgusting fleshy snouts.

Semi-realistic animal costumes just do not work. No. No. Not having it.

You're right, bur that's exactly the aesthetic I want to see for this. Audibly embarrassed echidna idris Elba with greenscreen fatigue talking to but not quite looking at a Dead eyed Kevin James, under a PERFECTLY even lighting scheme in 60fps, Sean Bean tails ran over by a truck in act 2

Clownbaby

In a way it'll be better if it is totally awful than if it's quite good cause then there's something to laugh at for years to come, which is more satisfying than a slightly naff Sonic The Hedgehog movie that was average and competent and not a hot mess. So I now do want it to be really ugly now I think of it

PlanktonSideburns

Yea I want some southland tales level incredibawful from this, it's the only thing to hope for

samadriel

He should have Howard the Duck's bulbous, Rodney-Dangerfield's-corpse-like blue eyes.

Hi kids!

PlanktonSideburns

Good shout. I for one eagerly await this future misunderstood cult classic. Go see it in the cinema before the The Room esque hipster twats in sonic costumes yelling and throwing plastic rings at the screen

Fry

How could this film possibly be good? The least they could do is make it absolutely batshit insane. That's what they should be aiming for.

PlanktonSideburns

Yea cos no actual child fans of sonic exist anymore, they need to make something for us cynical, jaded elder millenial furries who were there from the start. People who thought lasagnacat was the most important cultural event of the millenia so far. I want some cask strength sonic dreams shit, some sort of deviant art fever dream to shock and awe. A raging, turgid snow angel made in the ashes of our childhoods to sweep down on a sick day and give us the wrong kind of cuddles under the covers. You know, a Sonic film.

Replies From View

Quote from: Clownbaby on September 11, 2018, 11:57:02 AM
Ugh Christ. The only way I can see them at all getting away with this is just referring to him as Sonic so he's a human Sonic The Hedgehog.

They should cut their losses and call him HUMAN THE HEDGEHOG whilst maintaining the title SONIC THE HEDGEHOG IN HUMANLAND.

Replies From View

Also Human the Hedgehog should famously carry around a screwdriver known as his Hedgehog Screwdriver.

Mister Six

Quote from: Fry on September 12, 2018, 05:02:56 AM
How could this film possibly be good? The least they could do is make it absolutely batshit insane. That's what they should be aiming for.

A belated companion piece to the Mario Bros film? Would be oddly fitting.

Blumf

You've seen Osmosis Jones, now prepare to dive one level deeper!

In a nanoscopic world of proteins, only one ligand can follow the pathway to organogenesis... Sonic hedgehog

biggytitbo

If a sherrif really teamed up with a talking blue hedghog he'd be relieved from duty and probably sectioned under the mental health act of whatever state he is in.

hedgehog90

California? Nah, they'd just tell the sherrif 'stop smoking dat sticky icky icky' while rap gesturing with one hand and firing a gun with the other.

Because they all smoke cannabis and talk like that.

Replies From View

I would love it if they had Dredd style restrictions on budget, and had to base all of this Sonic film inside an apartment block.

SONIC REALLY FAST LOOK AT HIM WOOEEEEEEEEEER

UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS HE GOES WOOERRRHEYHEY NOW IN THE LIFTS SEE HOW FAST HE IS FIDGETING ON THE SPOT, NOW BACK IN THE CORRIDOR AGAIN WOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEERHEEEEEEY!!

HE IS SO FAST THAT SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ISN'T HE, AND HE IS BLUE A KIND OF BLUE DOG THING