Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:38:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 03, 2019, 11:41:42 PM
Exactly.  It looks like a person wearing a Sonic themed onesie.

Maybe the climax is Ben Schwartz being revealed to be wearing Sonic's flayed skin?

Twed

When the first previews came out I thought the point was that it was a live action thing with Ben Schwarz in a costume.

Mister Six

Quote from: Twed on May 04, 2019, 04:12:07 AM
When the first previews came out I thought the point was that it was a live action thing with Ben Schwarz in a costume.

Like he's a mentally ill man in a costume pretending to be Sonic? Actually, fuck, that would be amazing.

Twed

That would be good. But no, they released the poster and Sonic had big man legs and my brain assumed that the only possible reason for that was that they were working with the limitations of a man in a suit.

idunnosomename

I think they were trying so hard to make him look like a real hedgehog they forgot to make him look like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Twed

Replies From View

Quote from: colacentral on April 30, 2019, 09:49:39 PM
Even just pick a cliche music choice like "Don't Stop Me Now" or "Mr. Blue Sky," then it at least makes sense (hey there mr. blue) as opposed to actively making the film less appealing.

How about that one that goes

I'm blue ba deeble de darble doy
Ba darble dee, darble doy
Ba darble dee-darble doy

for about ten years

Replies From View

Alright so I'm some kind of blue hedgehog thing
My main coat of hair is blue I have blue skin that you can't see underneath
The sky is blue
And so are a handful of other things

Ba darble dee-darble doy

Ultimately I could be a blue dog it makes no difference
Also I run really fast
And collect holes that are suspended in thin air
And make a noise when I touch them

Ba darble dee-darble doy

Head Gardener

alan nagsworth

Man, I keep coming back to this trailer and just gawping at it and cracking up with laughter. The tiny hands on that poor cunt, it's incredible.

Clownbaby

I feel like such a filthy hypocrite cause I've already arranged to see this with a large group of people just for a laugh but that's giving the film money and encouraging the cycle of shit movies

St_Eddie

Quote from: Clownbaby on May 06, 2019, 11:41:51 AM
I feel like such a filthy hypocrite cause I've already arranged to see this with a large group of people just for a laugh but that's giving the film money and encouraging the cycle of shit movies

You're worse than Hitler.  Okay, maybe not quite that bad but you're about on par with Goebbels.

Mister Six

Quote from: Clownbaby on May 06, 2019, 11:41:51 AM

Do what I do with stuff like this - go to a multiplex, buy a ticket for an indie film that needs the support, watch it then hang around and sneak into the screen for whatever bit of garbage you want to see for a laugh.

Might not be as practical if there's a bit bunch of you though.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Mister Six on May 06, 2019, 03:36:27 PM
Might not be as practical if there's a bit bunch of you though.

In this instance it's usually easier to hold the cinema hostage with weapons and do whatever you want for free. This also means you get to drink moonshine and smoke tabs in the theatre - the way Sonic was meant to be watched.

Clownbaby

I know let's make Sonic look like that backward fat hamster mess  from one of the shit Dr Seuss films.

Yet another thing Sonic looks more like than actual Sonic

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 06, 2019, 09:07:18 PM
^ Nice.

Thanks.  I should have also put in John Lithgow's reaction to the new Sonic design...

I think we can all relate.

greenman

Quote from: Clownbaby on May 06, 2019, 07:27:03 PM
I know let's make Sonic look like that backward fat hamster mess  from one of the shit Dr Seuss films.

Yet another thing Sonic looks more like than actual Sonic

That expression looks more like the realisation of a man who had been transformed into a hedgehog creature, maybe emitting an invasion of the bodysnatchers scream?

Petey Pate

Replies From View

If the eye colours are blended how come their hair colours aren't?

St_Eddie

GMTV

Gangsters paradise as well. What in the fuck were they thinking.

Should've had sonic in full gangsta rap gear, big gold chain, boombox etc just to complete the look.

Actually is it supposed to be set in the 90's? Or is it just painfully dated?

St_Eddie

They've just announced that the release date has been moved back from November 8, 2019 to February 14, 2020.

"Just right".

Sure, they can fix the design of Sonic to some extent but in order to fix all of the other problems within that trailer, they've have to move the release date back to 2023 and start over with a new script and director.

They've given it the previous Bond release date...  pretty much signed it's death sentence releasing it on Valentine's Day.  Probably cheaper to just let the film do lukewarm business in November, shitty C.G.I and all..

madhair60

St_Eddie

beanheadmcginty

Valentine's Day? I wonder how many special "Sonic babies" will be conceived on Earth that night.

St_Eddie

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 25, 2019, 12:17:03 AM
Valentine's Day? I wonder how many special "Sonic babies" will be conceived on Earth that night.

Two and one of them will be the Anti-Christ.