Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:32:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Ugh, I hate that shoddy Dreamworks Picture smug face pisshog more than the nightmare fuel be-suited man one.

Shaky

As an aside, I finally watched Super Mario Bros (DA MOVIE) at the weekend having somehow never seen it, and it's actually quite decent and fun until it falls apart in the last half hour or so. The main pair are likeable. Hopper hasn't a clue what's going on so he's obviously brilliant. The plot is fucking bonkers and the sets look great. I hate to use the phrase "ahead of it's time" but it still feels fairly modern and the sort of trick they're trying to pull off with Sonic. They'll fail, of course.

No excuse for Luigi not having a 'tache, mind.

idunnosomename

it's better because they cut out the unfunny bit with jim carey doing the whole Dr Evil zip it routine

Replies From View

How come Jim Carrey can still get away with doing schtick that, if we are very generous about it, was already tired by the time of Ace Ventura 2?

HELLO!  I!  CAAAAAAAAAAN.....!  WIGGLEMYJAWFROMSIDETOSIDE!!

St_Eddie

Quote from: popcorn on May 30, 2019, 07:20:56 AM
It's not gonna look remotely like that.

Quote from: gmoney on May 30, 2019, 09:17:40 AM
Oh, still really shit.

Aye.  I'm not arsed about this movie, I just thought that rejigged trailer might have been of interest to some.

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 30, 2019, 12:46:23 PM
it's better because they cut out the unfunny bit with jim carey doing the whole Dr Evil zip it routine

It would be better still if they cut everything and had 2 minutes of a silent black screen.

PlanktonSideburns

that recut makes it look much better

still time to add shamefaced idris elba in a ropey echidna costume

idunnosomename

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 30, 2019, 01:49:54 PM
Aye.  I'm not arsed about this movie, I just thought that rejigged trailer might have been of interest to some.

It would be better still if they cut everything and had 2 minutes of a silent black screen.
of course, it's just this movie looks so incredibly bad I am developing a morbid fascination with it. I had a dream I saw it and then the weird teasey clip with true Robotnik wasn't in it and I felt very annoyed!!

But that's the only place I'll see the movie so there

Bazooka

Rumour has it, if you can sit through it without being cynical, you get access to the special stage scene.

Mister Six

If you're disappointed with the long wait for the redesigned Sonic, you could always check out this quality item:

imitationleather

I like that the "A magical good time" quote isn't attributed to anyone. So it must be good!

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on June 01, 2019, 04:21:48 AM
I like that the "A magical good time" quote isn't attributed to anyone. So it must be good!
Isn't that actually just written on the side of the horse?

Phil_A

Quote from: Mister Six on June 01, 2019, 04:18:11 AM
If you're disappointed with the long wait for the redesigned Sonic, you could always check out this quality item:

Ahaha, at first glance I thought that was Mac from Always Sunny. What an amazingly shit cover.

St_Eddie

Phil_A

I just looked up the trailer for Andy The Talking Hedgehog and I'm honestly lost for words.

Just...what. Why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gweWwchROnQ

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Isn't it one of those knowingly shit B-movie Sharknado things but, you know, for kids? It can't be real. I mean, I know it's real, but the people behind it are obviously taking the piss.

Phil_A

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 01, 2019, 01:35:33 PM
Isn't it one of those knowingly shit B-movie Sharknado things but, you know, for kids? It can't be real. I mean, I know it's real, but the people behind it are obviously taking the piss.

It seems like they might have been trying to make a "so bad it's good" film, but are so inept they've just made a very, very bad film.

bigfatheart

I suspect it's along those lines, but trying to cash in on A Talking Cat!?!'s notoriety.

joaquin closet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQs_q0MTPA0

It returneth...

Film still looks like pap but the hedgehog himself is a million times better.

Looking back on pics of the old one... jesus christ

madhair60

It would be amazing if they went through all this rigmarole with redesigning Sonic then they have Tails show up in the post-credits looking like that fucking thing from Antichrist

idunnosomename

It looks just as shit but in a different way

Blitzkreig Bop instead of Gangstas Paradise included

Remember when movies had new songs in them? Remember when humans had new ideas?

PlanktonSideburns

popcorn

madhair60

PlanktonSideburns