Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:09:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'The film stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog...

Started by hedgehog90, September 05, 2018, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mango Chimes

Quote from: popcorn on December 11, 2018, 01:47:17 AMThe film producers talk about the decision to change the design here.
Quote"That was always Stage 1 of adapting it to what the real world is and what a real animal would be like," executive producer Tim Miller (director of Deadpool) said of giving Sonic fur. "It would be weird and it would feel like he was running around nude if he was some sort of otter-like thing. It was always, for us, fur, and we never considered anything different. It's part of what integrates him into the real world and makes him a real creature."

Then there are the shoes. "We looked at every different variation of what shoes he's worn and we're trying to pay homage to that and also make it current and present day in what we think a Sonic of today would wear," producer Neal Moritz (producer of the Fast and the Furious franchise) told IGN.

This is so insane. Christopher Nolan's Sonic The Hedgehog. If you think that poster shows him in a pose where he's getting ready to run, you are wrong. His hand is on the floor because he's struggling to stand up straight, as his back realistically can't take the weight of his giant head.

QuoteThe most challenging part of Sonic's updated design isn't revealed in this teaser: his eyes. The filmmakers struggled with how best to depict Sonic's eyes because often he's only seen with one, and that wouldn't translate well to the live-action movie.

"I don't think SEGA was entirely happy with the eye decision, but these sorts of things you go, 'It's going to look weird if we don't do this.' But everything is a discussion, and that's kind of the goal, which is to only change what's necessary and stay true to the rest of it," said Miller. "He's not going to feel like a Pixar character would because I don't think that's the right aesthetic to make it feel like part of our world."

AND HE'S GOING TO HAVE HORRIFYING EYES.

momatt

Quote from: kittens on December 10, 2018, 05:57:14 PM
finally, a new speed of hero.
Do you think they've read that tagline out loud yet?
It just sounds so, silly.

Bazooka

If Knuckles is in it he will probably have human hands with a knuckle duster, its cheaper CGI.

hedgehog90

I've been testing out some new 3D modelling software today, so I figured what better way to test it than to try and visualize the definitive Sonic.
What you're about to see the realest, truest, most accurate representation of a furry blue man-hog ever created.
Yes, you could even say it's a whole new speed of Hedgehog.
Enjoy...

sonic.man.hog.1.jpg:

sonic.man.hog.2.jpg:

sonic.man.bending.down.jpg:

the.famous.sonic.run.jpg:

sonic.dropped.his keys.can't.find.them.jpg:

PlanktonSideburns

Holy SHIT yes

I want those jpgs played to my funeral somehow

Nowhere Man

Those Mega Drive/Saturn/Dreamcast Sonic games were a massive part of my life when I were a lad. Fuck these people.

The least they could have done was at least make him resemble the fucking character design

Twed

Replies From View

BritishHobo

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on December 11, 2018, 02:25:44 AM
Kinda puts me in mind of those newer Smurf movies with photorealistic Smurfs annoying Neil Patrick Harris in New York City - surely the first thing any fan of Peyo's original comic series, or the Smurfs cartoon, or any other previous Smurf venture, would think up when asked about their ideal big-screen adaptation.

This is what the Peanuts film got right, even though it did essentially mean the film was pretty much a greatest hits album - it stayed in the world and style of the original cartoon and didn't do a big stupid film where a Dreamworks-looking Charlie Brown gets lost in New York and comes up against an evil property developer or some shit.

popcorn

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 11, 2018, 08:54:33 PM
This is what the Peanuts film got right, even though it did essentially mean the film was pretty much a greatest hits album - it stayed in the world and style of the original cartoon and didn't do a big stupid film where a Dreamworks-looking Charlie Brown gets lost in New York and comes up against an evil property developer or some shit.

Even then, when you had the brief daydream sequences in the film that were 2D animated in the style of the original comic, I kept thinking "god that's breathtakingly beautiful" and wishing the whole film was like that.

St_Eddie

Quote from: popcorn on December 10, 2018, 04:16:41 PM

Dark and gritty, like the crunchy crunch Gritty McVitty pavement stuff.  I have no brain and on an entirely unrelated note, I love this poster!  Oh, Danny boy, the Oscar pipes are a-calling...

St_Eddie

"FROM THE PRODUCER OF THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS".  Wonder if that's why they hired him...

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 10, 2018, 05:39:14 PM
I've just remembered it's JIM BASTARD CAREY as robotic

To be technical, depending on your age and location, Carrey will either be playing Robotic or Eggy Wegg Man.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on December 11, 2018, 06:25:40 PM
The least they could have done was at least make him resemble the fucking character design

Oohhh, good excuse to post this again...

It's funny because it's true.

hedgehog90

sonic.running.gif

sonic.spin.dash.gif

sonic.collects.ring.gif

momatt

I fucking love you hedgehog90.

Best things I've seen for ages.  Let's hope the film-makers read this thread and are inspired.

Blumf

Fry

That's amazing hedgehog.

In other amazing things news:

I love it.

greenman

Is this a metaphor for the latter day history of Sega?

Mister Six

buzby

The new design for Sonic is going to appeal to the furry part of the Sonic fanbase though - I predict poorly-made furry lycra bodysuits teamed with oversize heads being the big thing at the next Comic-Con

momatt

I really should reserve judgement till I see it properly.
But those legs look shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

popcorn

Quote from: momatt on December 12, 2018, 09:57:58 AM
I really should reserve judgement till I see it properly.
But those legs look shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

What about my legs? Do you think they look all right?

momatt

Quote from: popcorn on December 12, 2018, 10:13:39 AM
What about my legs? Do you think they look all right?

If they're the ones in your avatar, fuck yeah.
Twice as many as Sonic too.

Oh fuckin hell I'm crying at these absolute works of ART. The famous sonic run jpg and gif and the little extra bite as he collects the rings. Unbelievable. The fuckin roll dash. Please can I please share these and credit you? They're so so good.

colacentral

I hope there's a sonic-man stage in sonic mania 2.

hedgehog90

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 12, 2018, 10:24:52 PM
Oh fuckin hell I'm crying at these absolute works of ART. The famous sonic run jpg and gif and the little extra bite as he collects the rings. Unbelievable. The fuckin roll dash. Please can I please share these and credit you? They're so so good.

Ofcourse!

Spiteface

You know, a Sonic movie isn't a particularly tough code to crack. Shouldn't be, at least. Sega themselves have shown it could work in various CGI skits etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txJufR1y5Y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL9EtmAUwM4

A Pixar/Shrek-y kind of animated movie would be ideal for Sonic.