Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SNK Heroines

Started by The Boston Crab, September 06, 2018, 06:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Having played Azure Reflections and Deathsmiles and Shikhondo Soul Eater and started reading manga recently, I have normalised the idea of having a fighting game where all the characters are anime girls you can dress up and who throw cakes and cups of tea and presents wrapped in bows instead of Sonic Booms and who say cutesy shit in Japanese when they do a special move rather than DIE ONE THOUSAND DEATHS

But that's just me. Anyone else have any interest in this?

It's a kind of SNK cumpilation fighter, gathering up all the birds and transgender versions of well known cismale characters like Terry Bogard (renamed Terri Bogard here). This might be the most pro-trans game ever made. A lot of people were saying that the new Zelda should have had a female Link option and so they enabled a cross-dressing section of the game which shows how backwards Japan is with these issues - or so we thought. SNK Heroines proves that trans issues are at the forefront of Japanese cultural reflections and I'll be maining Terri Bogard for sure, until I unlock some of the most gross outfits for Mai Shiranui.

Hopefully they'll bring some crossover DLC characters. I would love a female Blanka or Gen.

Hecate

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 06, 2018, 06:44:47 AM
started reading manga recently

Oh god, that's a slippery slope. You'll be banned from the local park before the weeks out.

This might be the most pro-trans game ever made.

Cave made Espgaluda back in 2003 where you play as a gender shifting fairy. That's got to be up there!

Consignia

This might be the most pro-trans game ever made.

What about Captain Rainbow where you have to find Birdo's (from Super Mario 2) dildo to get allow her to be recognised as a woman.

madhair60

I want this because I love SNK fighters but I just can't bring myself to buy it.

You're basically Mr Trans, though. Surely it's right up your street. Anyway, I'll be getting it and will report back to you.

Consignia

Hopefully Captain rainbow 🌈 will get the switch port it deserves.

madhair60

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 06, 2018, 12:28:40 PM
You're basically Mr Trans, though. Surely it's right up your street. Anyway, I'll be getting it and will report back to you.

No, you've misunderstood. I actually really hate trans people.

Just waiting for it to unlock now. I'd rate this process as follows:

C / E / A+ (ppl like talking about hype on reddit so they like this bad bit of the experience).

Sorry you hate trans folk, maybe play this game and you learn something about you're self.

My KoF98 and Real Bout Fatal Fury Special main, Mai Shiranui, is literally in a hucow costume by default in this. You actually have to unlock the normal costume, which is skimpy clothes. It's pretty gross to be honest. Gonna put quite a few hours in to see if it improves from here because I've paid thirty quid. I don't watch trailers or read reviews so I'm pretty surprised that they've gone for a pervy approach. Almost every character in the game has almost no clothes on which make no sense to me me when your havin a fight. Wear more clothes than less if anything probley.

Edit: Just seen via Story Mode that there are very good narrative decisions and justification for all the skimpy gear. I knew it'd all come good, like Quiet in MGSV. One of the best stories in the fighting genre, I would say.

Swoz_MK

I hear the combos are so boringly simple its barely worth the effort, even more so than DBFZ, is that really the case?

The fighting is crap but I was able to set up a screenshot of Mai in a hucow outfit with shackles on her wrists and ankles and a clown nose, squatting and crying over a dog bowl in the car park of SNK headquarters with a telephoto lense overlay so they've clearly put a vast amount of work into the game.

Hecate

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 07, 2018, 05:29:15 AMhucow

Well, I expect to be getting another stern letter from my ISP after googling that.

Quote"I, Rosemary West, known as Fred's cow, give my cunt to be fucked by any prick at any time he so desires without ever saying so"
"I must always dress and try to act like a cow for Fred"

I've concluded that this is a straight up bad game. Fun for a bit, gets a bit better and then...there's nothing to it. The perv stuff is far far deeper than the game, which is bullshit. I'm actually tempted to request a refund for the first time. I was duped.