Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So I just played WoW for the first time.

Started by Glebe, September 06, 2018, 07:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

So I just played WoW for the first time ever. I choose to be a mage elf. Played for about twenty minutes... managed to kill six purple tiger yolks. Not into it. It's the same with LOTR Online, point-and-click gubbins.

For the most part I really enjoyed DC Universe Online. Any similar MMORGs like that where you can use a controller?

Glebe

This post too shit to reply to really, wasn't it?

Sorry mate, if I'd played it I'd defo contribute. Hope you're enjoying it, my comp is too shit for Wow and my brain is too shit to concentrate on anything for more than thirty seconds.

Glebe

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 07, 2018, 05:49:25 PMSorry mate, if I'd played it I'd defo contribute. Hope you're enjoying it, my comp is too shit for Wow and my brain is too shit to concentrate on anything for more than thirty seconds.

Tnx for the reply, Crabby... I've gorn and uninstalled it because I weren't enjoying it.

Hecate

I can remember trying WOW, panning a few wolves, scratching my head, wondering why some people devote their lives to it.

There was some subscription free MMO that I got dragged into by a friend, it didn't last too long, I caught myself standing still with loads of other players tapping out the number sequence that gave me the best damage and buffs or whatever, fighting a big tree or something.
1, 2, 6, 3, 3, 3
1, 2, 6, 3, 3, 3
and I literally said out loud "what the FUCk am I doing?" and never went back.

Tera has a nice action combat system and partial pad support, plays more like a brawler, from what I remember. That might be something you could try, and it's free so no great loss if you hate it or get bored after a few hours - https://store.steampowered.com/app/212740/TERA/

Isn't DC universe more like an ARPG? Get yourself torchlight 2. Diablo 3 is on the consoles if you prefer using a pad, path of exile is on the xbox as well.

Glebe

monolith

I played it for years. Once you get past the first areas it's a pretty fun world to explore. I'd never go back though, the amount of time needed just to get your character to max level is obscene and to actually have a halfway decent max level character requires multiple hours of play per day. I did it for a while and had some fun but there are better things to spend time on. I do still have a soft spot for it though, have played Warcraft games since the mid 90s and I do like the world (of warcraft) that they've built up over the years from when it was just an RTS to the giant it is today.

St_Eddie