Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Sony Playstation Spider-Man

Started by madhair60, September 06, 2018, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Can you buy on Xbox? No you can't, it sucks cocks
Look out, here comes the Spider-Man

Anyone give a single solitary SHIT about this'n?

brat-sampson

I would if I hadn't bought Dragon Quest. I liked the Arkham games well enough and it's been a while since I played anything similar. I don't really know shit about the character aside from the Raimi/Marvel films, so the easter eggs will be entirely wasted on me but by all accounts it's a fantastic experience if that's what you're looking for.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Give a shit? I give an entire sewage works.

Despite being rubbish in most other respects, the Spider-man 2 film game is one of the best things I've ever played, thanks to the brilliant web swinging. It's as perfect an experience as anything else in gaming that you might care to mention. I've been hoping for a decent follow up ever since and it sounds like this might finally be it. That said, while the reviews I've watched all say that the web swinging feels just right, it does look a bit too floaty, so I shall try before I buy.

Mister Six

Replies From View

Hopefully this game will feature a spider-man costume.

mobias

I'd get it if I wasn't totally skint at the moment. It does look very good fun and it seems to be getting decent reviews. I'm more interested to see what people think of it once the dust has settled on its release so I'll wait wait until next month I think.

kalowski

Quote from: Replies From View on September 06, 2018, 12:50:25 PM
Hopefully this game will feature a spider-man costume.
The costume the character is wearing looks fucking ridiculous, with that huge white spider.

It looks brilliant but there's no way I'm buying another console just to play one game. Not when the PS5 is ~18 months out.

biggytitbo

biggytitbo

Consignia

Replies From View

Can anyone clarify whether this is 8 bit or 16 bit?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on September 06, 2018, 04:57:52 PM
Can anyone clarify whether this is 8 bit or 16 bit?

Technically 64 bit, but the graphics are actually better on the Amstrad because it's a computer.

I hope there's an option to toggle quipping on & off.

Hecate

Quote from: madhair60 on September 06, 2018, 11:12:25 AMAnyone give a single solitary SHIT about this'n?

Ugh, this is the sort of thing people on game forums wet their knickers over.

The absolute worst that gaming has to offer held up as the pinnacle of human achievement.

"Done. The best 15 hours of my life"
"Have you collected all the spider eggs?"
"The endgame is phenomenal. So many eggaroonies!"
"the cutscenes actually gave meaning to my life?"
"Actually quite sexist, if you ask me"
"My shopto order is now out for delivery!"
"Oh yeah, very sexist, I knew that"
"The auto targetting and auto button mashing are a real life saver. I just left it running while I did the weekly shop"
"I don't have time to play games because I'm an adult, but let me just tell you, if I did, it would be this one"
"This homogenised shit plopped onto my doormat this morning. Amazing, totally bereft of any interesting or creative elements."
"I bought it digitally, I'm downloading it now!"
"Get aboard the hype train, choo choo! I've made some meme gifs!"
"This would be perfect on the switch"
"15gb day one patch, I'm going back to bed. This world doesn't deserve me"
"Umm, the switch couldn't handle it? You need an xbox professional to actually render all the webbing?"

Fucking HATE gamers.

Z

Ten year old me fucking loved Spiderman on the PS1

The best spiderman game is THPS2 though.

Namtab

Quote from: madhair60 on September 06, 2018, 03:46:09 PM
Yes mate.

I'm usually all for Thom Yorke's electronic experiments, but he's gone a bit far on this one.

Ham Bap

Consignia

Quote from: Z on September 06, 2018, 09:12:06 PM
The best spiderman game is THPS2 though.

Yes. It's actually quite possibly the best game ever, though.

Consignia

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 06, 2018, 10:06:19 PM
I do hope he doesn't 'swing' into a plane's jets!

Don't worry, Tony Hawks can't ollie that high any more.

Barry Admin

It does look amazing, I hate these bloody exclusives, but some of them do come out on Xbox down the line.

Loved the previous Spidey games too, the feeling of web-swinging through an open city was amazing in some of them.

I don't like so called 'super' 'heros' but good graphics. Gameplay meant to be pure Ubisoft plus QTEs which will appeal to the fans of those things without a doubt.

colacentral

I thought it looked absolute shite from all the preview footage and trailers, typical empty open world with repetitive NPC being mugged sidequests. I really couldn't understand the hype. But the new footage I've seen in the reviews has sold me on it, looks decent. Still think I'd wait for it to go down in price though.

madhair60

Quote from: Hecate on September 06, 2018, 08:54:06 PM
Ugh, this is the sort of thing people on game forums wet their knickers over.

The absolute worst that gaming has to offer held up as the pinnacle of human achievement.

"Done. The best 15 hours of my life"
"Have you collected all the spider eggs?"
"The endgame is phenomenal. So many eggaroonies!"
"the cutscenes actually gave meaning to my life?"
"Actually quite sexist, if you ask me"
"My shopto order is now out for delivery!"
"Oh yeah, very sexist, I knew that"
"The auto targetting and auto button mashing are a real life saver. I just left it running while I did the weekly shop"
"I don't have time to play games because I'm an adult, but let me just tell you, if I did, it would be this one"
"This homogenised shit plopped onto my doormat this morning. Amazing, totally bereft of any interesting or creative elements."
"I bought it digitally, I'm downloading it now!"
"Get aboard the hype train, choo choo! I've made some meme gifs!"
"This would be perfect on the switch"
"15gb day one patch, I'm going back to bed. This world doesn't deserve me"
"Umm, the switch couldn't handle it? You need an xbox professional to actually render all the webbing?"

Fucking HATE gamers.

Christ.

biggytitbo